Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?

SATURDAY

France, Toulouse-PSG 4 p.m. Setanta
England, Manchester City-Sunderland 5:30 p.m. FSC
Brazil, Corinthians-Santos 6 p.m. GolTV
Mexico, America-Pumas 6 p.m. Univision

By Steve Goff  |  March 20, 2009; 2:30 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA Roster for Qualifiers
Next: Video: Soehn on Post Show

Comments

basketball

Posted by: OWNTF | March 20, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

basketball schmasketball.

Spurs-Chelsea, Newcastle-Arsenal, and the two MLS games on Saturday

Real Madrid-Almeria/Liverpool-Aston Villa (haven't decided which) and DCU-LAG.

Posted by: Juan-John | March 20, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Kids soccer, kids gymnastics, my men's league game, DC United and college hoops.

That's because I no longer have FSC. Budget cuts. Good thing I have Comcast SN.

Posted by: joedoc1 | March 20, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

That's because I no longer have FSC.
================
On the bright side you no longer have to look at the same pimples for 30 minutes every night during the Proactive commercials.

Posted by: OWNTF | March 20, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

MLSNET or some other feed for me for the DCU game...

Posted by: Reignking | March 20, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

DC United, and what I eat. Considering ordering the MLSLive.tv so I won't miss all these upcoming United matches we WONT be able to watch on Comcast.
Does anyone know if the games that are scheduled to be on ComcastHD will be broadcast on the regular crap version of comcast?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 20, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Forget Comcast, watch the DCU game on Telefutura! Nothing's better than hearing the commentator yell "GOL! GOL! GOL! GOL!" ad nauseum. I always blast the volume -- it's awesome!

Posted by: Brokenbil | March 20, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Just outta curiosity, has anyone gotten their season tix in the mail yet?

Posted by: Juan-John | March 20, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

OWNTF, beat me to it.

Posted by: sitruc | March 20, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Ughh. I really prefer Telefutura for it's lack of a delay and more subtle graphics. The obnoxious Gooooooool is slightly amusing, but hardly a reason to watch when I can hear the game called in English.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 20, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

JJ: I've been told they will be coming early next week.

Posted by: b18bolo | March 20, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

JJ and b18bolo: We got ours last night. A nice little glossy package this year instead of the usual badly xeroxed sheets.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 20, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan: We are comparing Telefutura to FSC. When did the FSC guys start speaking English? I thought they were only fluent in Sportscasterese. Except for Max who is only fluent in ... (Joedoc? I-270? Someone help me out here. I know there's a punchline, I just can't come up with it.)

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 20, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Max thinks he is fluent is everything, and combines them all into one language.

He is omnifluent.

Posted by: Reignking | March 20, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and DadRyan. I almost bought your daughter an "I'm a little Red Devil" romper at the Man Utd MegaStore last week just to counterbalance your misguided influence. Okay, truth be told, just to annoy you. But I couldn't figure out how to get it to you, so I wimped. I don't suppose Goff would host a meet and greet at RFK some day. Well, he should!!!

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 20, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF | March 20, 2009 3:23 PM
--------------------------------------------

Can you ever get too much of Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Posted by: fischy | March 20, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF | March 20, 2009 3:23 PM
--------------------------------------------

Can you ever get too much of Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Posted by: fischy | March 20, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Everything what's on FSC and GolTV and United game. Damn Setanta....

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | March 20, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

@BlackandRedDevil: I'm bound to be going to RFK sooner than later... After hanging with some of the Barra down in Charleston, I've been contemplating joining the party in that part of lot 8 this year...
Otherwise, when I drag the casual soccer fan neighbors to games we always end up parking on the grass right next to the water;-)

Posted by: DadRyan | March 20, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I might only have time to watch DC. When MLS season starts, I make sure not to have conflicts. I could take or leave the Euro, Mex, and CONMEBOL stuff.

"parking on the grass right next to the water" - DadRyan
Never heard it put that way. Clever.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 20, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

I'll be watching some basketball (not as into it as I have been recently) the Hawks-Cavs game, and taping Madrid-Almeria and watching as much mls as I can.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 20, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

@BlackandRedRedDevil: LilRyan is actually nearly 2 and awfully tall, so a romper won't do... She's looking like she'll outgrow her home jersey before the season ends... Her away jawn is a 4t and I hope it lasts a couple more years....

I got no shame in my game, and if we could hook up any Soccer Insider guerilla tailgating I'd be 120% in. I know Goff isn't gonna come hang with us... Or will you Steve?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 20, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Phew! Thanks! Was getting a little bit nervous there (seeing as how I'd already received my WashNats 20-game-plan tix)...

-------

JJ: I've been told they will be coming early next week.

Posted by: b18bolo | March 20, 2009 4:03 PM

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 20, 2009 4:12 PM

Posted by: Juan-John | March 20, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Caps, World Baseball Classic, and as much MLS as possible.

I'm with 270. I only watch an occasional soccer match abroad unless it's international competition. I tend to enjoy all the team sports and I generally don't want to view a sport during it's "offseason".

I am pretty sure all ComcastHD broadcasts are on the SD channel as well. I have never seen ComcastSportsNet separate the two. The only possible reason I could see for a separation would be the fact that CSN+ tends to give way to MASN+ on most cable systems during the summer.

Looking forward to tomorrow night! I am going to geek out with FSC on the TV and MLS GameCenter on my computer.

Posted by: croftonpost | March 21, 2009 2:41 AM | Report abuse

I dont think the DC game is on MatchCenter because of the "national tv coverage". And someone was trying to tell me the game was also on FSC but I havent been able to find out that anywhere so I guess I will be listening to this on WFED.

If I am wrong about the FSC coverage or MatchCenter availability for this game, someone correct me.

Posted by: FatSickBoot | March 21, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Watched Everton lose, watched ManU lose.
Will probably watch more EPL games later after basketball.

Will watch United game on DVR, I'll be at a job fair doing recruiting stuff all afternoon.

Posted by: jmingus | March 21, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

MLS, Los Angeles-D.C. United 3 p.m. Comcast SportsNet, Telefutura

-----------------------------------

Luckily I won't be watching it on tv (or my computer hooked up to the tv) since my butt will be there.

Can't wait. Only 1 more day to go.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | March 21, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse