World Cup, NCAA Style (continued)

The last four sweet 16 matchups (two here, two on the continuation of the thread):

keep going.....

By Steve Goff  |  March 25, 2009; 12:01 PM ET
Categories:  FIFA , Poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: World Cup, NCAA Style (Sweet 16)
Next: Freedom News and Notes

Comments

I see I'm still winning this pool. The same can not be said for my March Madness mess.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | March 25, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Croatia vs. Portugal

In case of a tie, just flip a coin. It'd be every bit as accurate a method to pick a winner as PKs.

Posted by: DCU-ATL | March 25, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I picked Turkey over Argentina as my upset. I could see the Turks playing with heart and the Argentines may fail to take them seriously enough until it's too late.

Posted by: WorldCup | March 25, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, but Nihat can't stay healthy.

Posted by: Reignking | March 25, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Croatia is far more together than Portugal, who have yet to find a true striker.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | March 25, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I think Paraguay would have a good shot at winning against Germany

Posted by: cool_PJ | March 25, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Steve,

What is the lastest with the DCU vs. Barca game that you mentioned last week??

I have to catch one of these teams coming this summer, but God are the Chelsea-Milan tickets expensive. (plus I would rather see Messi, Henry and Co.)

Posted by: DCU-ManU | March 25, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

i went serious upsets here, taking Ukraine, Turkey and Paraguay. i also predict a win for Ukraine over England next week with the winner being scored by someone whose last name ends in "-enko".

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | March 25, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I think Ukraine would have a tough time with Netherlands. However, I think The Ukraine could beat The Dutch.

Thx,