World Cup, NCAA Style (East Region)

The last four matchups in the second round (two here, two on the continuation of the thread):

By Steve Goff  |  March 24, 2009; 3:12 PM ET
Categories:  FIFA , Poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Injury Updates
Next: Sala Sidelined 4-6 Weeks

Comments

Germany will win, even it's a "why did you let them score two goals" comeback.

Portugal v Mexico? In Meixco's current form, Portugal, every day of the week and twice on sunday.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | March 24, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

With the current form of Mexico I said Portugal, and I know I haven't been following this that long, but what much does Portugal have besides Ronaldo and Pepe. I'm sure they're talented, they just don't have much name recognition.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 24, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Goff,

Don't you think there should be some factor to chance in this tournament? Perhaps count voting as 1/3 and flip a coin twice to determine the winner. Pure voting never leaves anything up to chance. Just a thought.

-N. Daknow

Posted by: N_Daknow | March 24, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Daknow wants to include a stochastic error term into this exercise!

Posted by: churtmah | March 24, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Errr... sort of. How's your stats class going?

Posted by: vivzig | March 24, 2009 11:30 PM | Report abuse

if that's another way of saying unpredictability then YES! What churtmah said.

I mean seriously, who would have voted for George Mason to make the Final Four???

Posted by: N_Daknow | March 24, 2009 11:31 PM | Report abuse