World Cup, NCAA Style (Midwest Region)

Two matches here, two on the continuation of this thread:

By Steve Goff  |  March 24, 2009; 10:11 AM ET
Categories:  FIFA , Poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: AC, Inter, Chelsea U.S. Details
Next: Schedule and TV For Chelsea, Milans

Comments

I'll have a sad when this is over...I look forward to the vote and seeing the results.

Posted by: jleppig | March 24, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I love Goff but I just don't get these omnipresent NCAA Bracket style vote-offs. Why don't we just vote on a ranking and be done with it? What do the laborious hypothetical head to head matches signify?

I know..."but this is more fun." Not really.

Worst of all is Greg Kitsocks Beer March Madness in which Miller Genuine Draft (or something similar) made it to the final 4.

Posted by: Palin-McCain2012 | March 24, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Funny how there are very little upsets so far. All the top ranking teams are moving on. I expected at least one "Cinderella" squad.

Posted by: cool_PJ | March 24, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

i expect the U.S. may play the role of 'Cinderella' in this tournament...

Posted by: olinto | March 24, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

This isn't the corrupt 2002 WC where there were upsets people!! Who are the 6% geniuses that have Japan over Netherlands? Under what arguments?

Posted by: silentbat | March 24, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Palin-McCain2012 | March 24, 2009 12:38 PM
---------------------

With that screen name, you shouldn't be too eager to call for a vote.

What I don't understand is why people will click through on an article that they don't find interesting in order to spend time explaining how they didn't find it interesting to everybody who did. None of this will be on the test.

Posted by: JonE2 | March 24, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse