American Goals

A day after USA defender Oguchi Onyewu scored twice in Standard Liege's 3-1 victory at Mouscron in Belgium, USA midfielder Maurice Edu connected in the 73rd minute of Glasgow Rangers' 3-2 victory at Hibernian in Scotland. On a down note, USA midfielder Michael Bradley had a penalty kick saved in Moenchengladbach's 4-1 loss at Eintracht Frankfurt.

I will have the full Americans Abroad report later.

By Steve Goff  |  April 19, 2009; 11:58 AM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: WPS Matchday: Breakers at Freedom
Next: Americans Abroad

Comments

Hells, yeah!

I mean, good job for Gooch.

But Edu? Way to take on Scottish Internationals for a spot in the center! (Knowing how stupid European Coaches tend to be in regards to yanks, he'll probably bench him for the rest of the year as a "super sub." You're playing well. Get ready to sit!

And Michael had to miss one sometime. Better he learns now than later.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | April 19, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And bravo zulu to Timmy Howard, stopping a PK to help Everton move on to the FA Cup Final!

Posted by: Juan-John | April 19, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

And the Ranger fans go wild:

Posted by: Alsatian1 | April 19, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Congrats to Everton and a kudos to Tim Howard.

I'll take a good note from this game in that the future of Man. United looks great with these kids.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | April 19, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Very nice saves by Howard. The first really compensated for that shambolic PK by Cahill.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 19, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1

He just wanted to give some poor kid a souvenir.

Posted by: Colm1 | April 19, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

does Everton own Howard's contract? I seem to recall he was originally on loan from ManU (irony alert!), but I think Everton finally bought him.

Posted by: troy6 | April 19, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: troy6 | April 19, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Everton purchased the rights to Howard in the summer of '07.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | April 19, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse