Banner Day for Lopez

How windy was it for the Kansas City-San Jose match Sunday? Watch:

By Steve Goff  |  April 9, 2009; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Edu, Johnson Score; Beasley Hurt
Next: Thursday Kickaround

Comments

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | April 9, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I read Fischer's article last night... I fell asleep and dreamt of baseballs with magical wings and unicorns prancing around South Capital Street... The weirdest part of the dream was everyone was wearing this strange 3rd DCU jersey and riding their bikes over the bridge to Poplar Point;-)

I was hoping that the banner was going to lift those dudes off the ground, oh well.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 9, 2009 8:59 AM | Report abuse

It was windy in much of the country this weekend. The only goal in Chicago-NY was caused largely because Cepero came way off his line unsuccesfully chasing a freekick that got hung up in the wind.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | April 9, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Should have seen Convey's free kicks...they took on a life of their own in the wind....never seen anything like it!

Posted by: Beckster1 | April 9, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

I know Lopez is a handful but I didn't realize it took two dozen hands to hold him down. :)

Seriously, the wind was atrocious throughout the whole weekend and it definitely impacted games especially in the midwest. I can't imagine kicking a ball 20 yards forward and it goes 40 yards behind you!! Unreal.

Posted by: MichaelVann7 | April 9, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse