Crayton and Janicki Status

Goalkeeper Louis Crayton says he is ready to play.

"150 percent!"

"I've been ready since the last two weeks. I had a talk with the coach and that was his choice [to start Josh Wicks last weekend] and he wanted to see another week of my performance in training. I've given everything possible and I am looking forward to seeing what happens tomorrow. It's been a while -- first time in my career I've been out so long. I am excited, I am eager and I am ready to go."

Defender Greg Janicki has practiced all week.

"I haven't had headaches or anything. No headers until today. It felt fine. I just put a little pad over the stitches. I feel like I could [play tomorrow]. Not sure what Tommy's plan is as of now. It's a little painful when it hits right on the stitches, but it's not too bad."

By Steve Goff  |  April 3, 2009; 12:25 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United News & Notes
Next: Quaranta, McTavish and Fred Status

Comments

get crayton in there!!

Posted by: torrey151 | April 3, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Chance of Crayton wandering out of the 18 yard box?

"150 percent!"

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 3, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

If Wicks is out (see last post from Goff), then of course we'll see Crayton. Mercifully.

Posted by: OWNTF | April 3, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Start Crayton. We need more excitement with his acrobatic and adventurous forays out of the area. I just hope he watched the highlight/lowlights of what not to do ala Hesmer the Howler last night. I will take good notes at the Freedom charity game and will see if Scurry has learned any lessons after the Sol set on her last Sunday.

Posted by: MR1Caretaker | April 3, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

So is DCU gonna fit Janicki with one of those rugby-style helmets that Josh Gros and Petr Czek (sp?) wear?

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juan-John | April 3, 2009 1:15 PM

------------------------------------

I guess they could, but it was my impression that those types of headgear are used after a player like Gros or Cech has sustained an extremely severe, or multiple concussions. I don't remember seeing anywhere that McT or Janicki had post-concussive syndrome, but it would be better safe that sorry, especially with this team.

Posted by: Josh8 | April 3, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

I knew something was fishy about all of this. Crayton was ready, but Soehn picked Wicks instead. BS!

Posted by: redskinsux | April 3, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

I recall a question in Crayton's fitness when he finally reported to camp. All along I thought the fishiest thing was the long list of keepers coming in for a look during the preseason. Maybe Crayton thought he was a lock and got a little too friendly with the cookies and fried chicken in the off season a la Luciano in 08...I think Tommy was disappointed in Crayton for some reason, hopefully it's straightened out, and Louis performs well.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

From what I've been able to tell, Crayton is one of the most spirited players on this team. His interviews are enthusiastic, and he takes losses very personally. I like this guy and hope that he proves well enough to remain the starter. Wicks is mediocre at best.

Posted by: carmines757 | April 3, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Crayton has been ready for two weeks?

Posted by: sitruc | April 3, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Again, questionable decision-making from Soehn.

Posted by: redskinsux | April 3, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I am sure that Tommy really apreciates Louis making that statement to the press. OOPS!

Posted by: bluesfan1 | April 3, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse