Davies to RSL

The Insider has learned that Real Salt Lake won a weighted lottery for the rights to USA under-20 defender Kyle Davies, who has been playing for Southampton in England's second division. An official announcement is expected soon.

By Steve Goff  |  April 16, 2009; 5:29 PM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United News & Notes
Next: Surgery for Cherundolo, Altidore

Comments

Well, he was a failure as a Braves pitcher...

Posted by: Reignking | April 16, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

WHY?????????

Posted by: euroman | April 16, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

whats heath pearce doing

Posted by: OWNTF | April 16, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

[chirp] [chirp] [chirp]

"Hello (hello hello)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?..."

Posted by: joedoc1 | April 16, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

OWNTF:

I'd imagine he's looking for a pick up game in his local park.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | April 16, 2009 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone understand MLS? A weighted lottery? What happened to the allocation process? Does that apply only to those over 20 or to all players not born during the fly-by of a comet?

Posted by: fischy | April 16, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Is there a transfer fee? Or given that Southampton may not exist as a club pretty soon RSL got him on the cheap?

Posted by: Juan-John | April 16, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Has he ever been and/or is he still eligible to play for Wales or England?

Posted by: DadRyan | April 16, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Were ping-pong balls involved? If so, I don't like this as an omen for another DC sports team.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 16, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy | April 16, 2009 7:06 PM

Actually, the MLS business plan is taking their cut of all the Beckham jersey sales and putting them into the Megamillions.

I suppose it is time to reveal that SUM and MLS are just an elaborate front for the Virginia State Lottery Commission. This was first revealed to me in 1997 when a secret memo was leaked that tie games would be settled by scratch-off tickets instead of the shootout.

I have said too much already... who is knocking at my door... they have found me.... I have to go away now... just follow the money....

Posted by: IamAM | April 17, 2009 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Who? I'm just glad this wasn't Charlie Davies.

Posted by: LookingDangerous | April 17, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse