Euro Matchday: Barcelona-Chelsea

The first leg of the UEFA Champions League semifinal between Barcelona and Chelsea begins today at around 2:45 p.m. ET.

Your options:

English TV: ESPN2.
Spanish TV: ESPN Deportes.
Delayed TV Coverage: ESPN Classic (5 p.m.)
Online Video: ESPN360.
Satellite Radio: Sirius XM.
Online Updates: UEFA's gamecast.

Post your pregame, in-game and postgame thoughts in our comments section. Enjoy the match!

By Steve Goff  |  April 28, 2009; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Euro Champions League
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United News & Notes
Next: Dallas Roster Move(s)

Comments

Barcelona: Valdes Alves Pique Marquez Abidal Toure Xavi Iniesta Messi Henry Eto'o

Chelsea: Cech Ivanovic Terry Alex Bosingwa Lampard Mikel Ballack Essien Malouda Drogba.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 28, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Kinda strange looking from so far away... When Barcelona is headed toward goal they appear to be the blues... Chelsea's kit looks like Barcelona's away kit...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

really looking forward to HD next year

Posted by: Pedalada | April 28, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we should talk Chuck.

"Guys? I know Kung Fu."

Posted by: Reignking | April 28, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Soo not looking forward to being forced to upgrade to more expensive cable just to watch Champions League. I don't really see how ESPN let this slip away.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Catenaccio! Just didn't expect it from an English team.

@Reignking: think Chuck will survive? I'm hopin' so...

Posted by: joedoc1 | April 28, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Drogba is dirty. Handballin bamma!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

37':

boooooring!

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | April 28, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

39':

Chelsea playing 10 behind the ball almost get the lucky break they need

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | April 28, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan

Don't forget our conversation about FX and (perhaps) ComcastSportsNet, Dad ;-)

Posted by: Kev29 | April 28, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

my bad, from the first angle it looked like Drogba handled that thing...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

joedoc: that's why I'm talking about it -- it needs help! They certainly put as much into this season as possible, not knowing if it would survive. It is a fantastic show, though...

Glad I didn't leave work to watch this snore-fest...

Posted by: Reignking | April 28, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

separated at birth?

Victor Valdes: http://fc.barcelona.com/victor_valdes

Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida on "24"): http://www.fox.com/24/characters/

Posted by: Pedalada | April 28, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Boooring? Snore-fest?

I've found this riveting. Barca putting on a possession clinic. Huge props to Chelsea, weathered a 35 min storm and almost grabbed a lead. Cech with hundreds more touches then Drogba.

Still all to play for. Possession without penetration and all that....

Posted by: JkR- | April 28, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

0-0, Yawn. Drogba should've put that away. Hopefully Barca will step it up for the 2nd.

Posted by: redskinsux | April 28, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe how much of the middle third Chelsea is giving away. Barca is too good at penetration for Chelsea (the Blues?) to be so casual about it.

Messi or Henry are going to break through and score. Question is: will Drogba counter and get the important away goal? Es muy interesante...

Long live Chuck! But not Tony Almeida -- the dude's broken my heart...

Posted by: joedoc1 | April 28, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe I didn't expect Scott Bakula would have a bit of Intersect in him. Oh boy.

"Why are you letting Sam Kinnison and an Indian lesbian ruin your wedding?"

Posted by: Reignking | April 28, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

As much as I hate Marquez in Green it sucks seeing a guy go down like that. Hurts my fantasy teams too... I think this is a pretty darn good game myself. Barcelona is awesome. Dude if Drogba leaves the game because of injury I'm going to have to go buy a lottery ticket...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

messi shmessi.

Clint Mathis woulda scored on that full volley off the corner.

Posted by: benonthehill | April 28, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Shame about Marquez injury...

Couldn't have happened to a classier player....

karma?

Posted by: marquezsucks | April 28, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

fantasy team
I do remember the FX angle Kev29...wonder if they'd show games without commercial breaks?

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

thats pay payback for what he tried to do to cobi jones and tim howard.

Posted by: Norteno4life | April 28, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Dadryan -- I need to go buy a megamillions ticket.

Posted by: Reignking | April 28, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

We shall see DadRyan. I think it's pretty much a given for soccer that you have to do 45 minutes straight without interruption - even here in the US. I think Fox have won themselves a good opportunity, let's see what they do with it. Here's the latest from the Fox Intl guy -- http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/the-skinny-on-champions-league-on-fox/

Posted by: Kev29 | April 28, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I wish Chelsea weren't so good at what they do. Hope Barca do better next time.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | April 28, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Saying the game is on XM is misleading. I happened to be in the car during the game and it's on a channel that is only available to XM if you buy the Best of Sirius package, with NFL, Stern etc. So the game tomorrow is on Sirius, not XM.

Posted by: IamAM | April 28, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Chelsea's play was more negative than the US trade deficit!

Posted by: diego_r | April 28, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Most champions league games seem to be so boring, so slow except Chelsea v Liverpool which I didn't see. I see Barca no chance to get goals at Stamfart bridge. They blew, they just blew it. It's win for chelsea. More oil money into Hiddink bank account.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | April 28, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

If you didn't see the Chelsea Liverpool game how do you know what it was like? Hunh? Today's match was hardly boring. Chelsea's game plan could be called cowardly perhaps, but the game wasn't boring for anyone who actually watched it. Unless...?

Posted by: DadRyan | April 28, 2009 10:18 PM | Report abuse