Local Soccer This Week

WEDNESDAY
D.C. United vs. FC Dallas
RFK Stadium, 7:30 p.m.
U.S. Open Cup preliminary round
(winner plays San Jose or New York, date and site TBA)
TV: none. Radio: WTOP (1050 AM), English; WACA (1540 AM), WLXE (1600 AM), WZHF (1390 AM). Audio available via mlsnet.com

FRIDAY
Crystal Palace Baltimore vs. Bermuda Hogges (USL2)
UMBC Stadium, Catonsville, Md., 7:30 p.m.

SATURDAY
Real Maryland vs. Bermuda Hogges (USL2)
Richard Montgomery High School, Rockville, Md., 6 p.m.

SUNDAY
D.C. United at New York Red Bulls
Giants Stadium, 3 p.m.
TV: Telefutura. Radio: Same as Wednesday.

Washington Freedom at FC Gold Pride
Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif., 6 p.m. ET
TV: Fox Soccer Channel.

By Steve Goff  |  April 20, 2009; 3:09 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , Freedom , U.S. Open Cup , USL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: MLS Observations
Next: Americans Abroad, Monday Edition

Comments

Dang, still no Comcast coverage. College Lacrosse!

Posted by: JkR- | April 20, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

I hadn't even noticed no CSN for the Telefutura match. I really wish FiOS had Telefutura or that I could still pick it up with the rabbit ears.

Posted by: sitruc | April 20, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

As a college student entering the unleashing of hell period, I find myself in the unique situation of being glad it's not on TV; I have too much to do.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | April 20, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Goff,

Any news on Janicki's head injury?

Thanks!

Posted by: no_recess | April 20, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

My tv isn't the newest thing on the block, but I've got Telefutura, and don't mind company... As long as you bring one of the 3 B's;-)
I'll be firing up the weber post game if the weather's nice to me.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 20, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I also have FIOS and therefore no Telefutura.

Posted by: Pedalada | April 20, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Bermuda has to play back-to-back nights? Now, that's a tough schedule.

Posted by: fischy | April 20, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Anyone running a charter up to Giants Stadium?

Posted by: fischy | April 20, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Two chances to see the Goat (although he no longer plays) for DC area City fans when Bermuda comes to Crystal Palace (Baltimore) and then to Real Maryland.

Posted by: kkfla7371 | April 20, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Lacrosse? Butt ugly ice hockey is on CSN Sunday afternoon instead of United? It makes the choice of Capitals or United an easy one for me Sunday afternoon as I am also a FIOS customer (if the Caps are still alive).

Posted by: blackandred777 | April 20, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

If everyone just got DirecTV, there would be no searching for webcasts, longing for channels, getting pirated feeds........
Same applies for hockey, baseball, football...whatever you want.
Come off the coin, get the MLS package (a whopping 59 bucks) and have no worries.
The ONLY channel I don't get is Setanta and that's cause the price is too high - like $15/month. Ripoff based on EPL.

Posted by: googlio | April 20, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

googlio, there would be longing for money once in our pockets though.

Posted by: sitruc | April 20, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

$59 on DirecTV?? I's $79 on Comcast, what a rip. Setanta is a ripoff as well, considering I get GolTV (La Liga, Bundesliga, World Cup Qualifiers) and FSC (EPL, Serie A, UEFA Cup, World Cup Qualifiers, FA Cup, MLS, USL) for $5 a month.

I'd love to get the Championship, Russian Premier League, and Ligue 1, but I can't justify paying 15 a month for it.

Plan A holder for United, I'll be at the game Wednesday night. Will anyone else be there? I have a feeling it may just be me, the wife, and in-laws, and Talon.

Posted by: adamsunited | April 20, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Fios do not offer MLS package/Direct Kick. Unless if we have to call to find out.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | April 20, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

DirecTV offered the worst customer service EVER when we had them. Even worse than Cox, and that's a high (low?) bar to clear.

Posted by: Pedalada | April 20, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

I am a FIOS subsscriber and I love it. The number of HD channels I have now is staggering and the picture quality is second to none. As for MLS, I just use my broadband connection to subscribe to MLS GameCenter for only $19.95.

Posted by: croftonpost | April 20, 2009 10:23 PM | Report abuse

The good news is after this weekend all United Games are on TV(if you have Fox Soccer Channel)US Open Cup games are never on TV it seems.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | April 20, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Boo of the week: CSN choosing lacrosse over DC United. As the post above stated, it's such an ugly sport. It may be fun to play but it is very hard to watch as it just lacks grace as a spectator sport.

Posted by: croftonpost | April 20, 2009 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Is Direct TV a dish network? Can't get one in my condo complex if so. Soooooooooo. No dice there. I don't get FSC either. I generally have to bribe my neighbor with beer so I can come over on those nights. Look, if you live near the 22203 and have FSC, you are welcome at my place any Telefutua game day if I can come over an catch some FSC late night games... You have to live within drunken unicycle riding distance from my digs...;-)

Posted by: DadRyan | April 21, 2009 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Gee whiz, DadRyan, I can't ride a unicycle sober! How about a Little People trike instead? ;-)

Posted by: throwin | April 21, 2009 2:30 AM | Report abuse

Radio: Same as Wednesday.

what? can't copy and paste?? :)

Posted by: gode | April 21, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Ha! I actually can't ride a unicycle either. The trike is a go!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 21, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse