D.C. United Notes

*If Friday's rush hour slows you down on your way to RFK for the United-Revolution match, fear not: ESPN2's overage has bought you an extra 8 minutes 30 seconds to find your seat. TV coverage begins at 7 p.m., but with a brief pregame show, kickoff is slated for 7:08:30.

*United's Luciano Emilio, Chris Pontius and Rodney Wallace are scheduled to appear at the grand opening of the new adidas store at Tysons Corner Center on Saturday. The event begins at noon with Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas. The DCU boys will be available for autographs and a penalty kick contest from 2 to 3 p.m.

*Sports Bog Dan Steinberg checks in with city-dwelling roommates Wallace and Pontius.

Much more from RFK in a bit.....

By Steve Goff  |  April 14, 2009; 12:04 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday Kickaround
Next: Olsen's Absence

Comments

I was hoping for 7:07.

Posted by: sitruc | April 14, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Great. All three are going to walk out of there with bad knees and multi-million dollar contracts.

Posted by: joedoc1 | April 14, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Joe Doc: Must I do everything for you?!

But my heart keeps calling me backwards
As I get on the 707
Ridin high I got tears in my eyes
You know you got to go through hell
Before you get to heaven

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 14, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

There will probably be a volleyball or womens softball game that "runs over" so ESPN will have to delay the kickoff.

Posted by: tkelley55 | April 14, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I thought about that, too, but noticed that the game is scheduled for 7-9 (not 9:30). I think it'll start about 7:05-7:10. That difference will equal about 200 yrds of travel on 395:-)

Posted by: DrBeaker | April 13, 2009 1:45 PM

Just call me Beaker-damus. If there are any other soothsaying requests, just ask and I shall say the sooth:-)

Posted by: DrBeaker | April 14, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

"The DCU boys will be available for autographs and a penalty kick contest from 2 to 3 p.m."

What's the contest? See if you can stop penalty shots from Emilio, Pontius and Wallace? Sounds painful.

Posted by: WorldCup | April 14, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse