Video: Bolivia 6, Argentina 1

Que pasa, Diego?

By Steve Goff  |  April 2, 2009; 12:46 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , Argentina
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchnight: USA-T&T
Next: USA Rewind

Comments

Who would have guessed that Arabic TV would carry CONMEBOL games?

Posted by: fischy | April 2, 2009 1:00 AM | Report abuse

I guess it's not April Fools Day anymore:)

Posted by: bigwave | April 2, 2009 1:34 AM | Report abuse

Just April Diego Day. I don't see how he keeps his job after getting destroyed like that. And yes it was at altitude, but come on. They would have been shutout except for a bad bounce.

Posted by: bluesfan1 | April 2, 2009 6:07 AM | Report abuse

Wow... On the fourth goal, I thought maybe the goal-scorer came back from an offsides position to put that in the onion bag.

The Argentine keeper sure didn't look good.

Posted by: edgeonyou | April 2, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.

Posted by: StevanF | April 2, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Why was it the altitude? Colombia beat us at home and didn't complain. Why is it the altitude only when teams lose?

Posted by: CHICO13 | April 2, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Their goalie needs to be shot. The second header and the last goal should have been saved. The penalty was right down the center. So that leaves it at 3-1, so the rest of the defense should be shot as well... The marking was absolutely horrid. The first header the guy was completely open and a defender was standing around doing nothing. I expect more from Argentina.

Posted by: bighungry | April 2, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

You have to wonder if the player threw this game to get rid of Maradona. This was the worst I have seen any Argentina team play.

Posted by: BellusLudas | April 2, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Still in shocked. Congrats to all my bolivian friends! Still Argentina would be in the world cup regardless.

Posted by: RM27 | April 2, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

My barber's Argentinian. I'm glad I got my hair cut yesterday before this happened.

Posted by: KireDCU | April 2, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse