Video: Madrid Madness

A wild one in La Liga as Real comes back from a late deficit and stops a penalty to beat Getafe, 3-2:

By Steve Goff  |  April 21, 2009; 11:54 PM ET
Categories:  Spain
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bocanegra to French Cup Final
Next: A Liga of Their Own

Comments

That was quite a game. And Hebrew highlights, no less. I assume the red card was for kicking the guy while he was down, and not the little shove?

So, can anyone tell me where I can watch replays of this game, and the Arsenal-Liverpool tilt?

Posted by: fischy | April 22, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Not only did Pepe push the Getafe player then kick him twice while he was down, he also punched another member of the opposition while he was leaving the pitch, swore at the fourth official, and then came back on the pitch to celebrate the winning goal. He's out for at least the next match v. Sevilla, El Clasico in 10 days, and v. Valencia. Speculation is he could be out for the rest of the season.

But that winner by Pipita Higuain was beautiful. He has such a knack for them (he's the opposite of a poacher--he specializes in the tough ones). If he only played in his natural support striker position more regularly...

Posted by: Louise9 | April 22, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Totally unrelated, but that's me . .

What's up with WAPO's soccer related articles . . . S. G. got the ear of the ombudsman?

I'd link to it but am hardly that internet savvy . . . . anyways, the WAPO article about the Latino officer in NOVA helping kids through soccer . . .

Posted by: delantero | April 22, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

fischy, if you have GolTV, they are supposedly showing a replay of the Real Madrid-Getafe match at 1 am.

Posted by: Louise9 | April 22, 2009 12:19 AM | Report abuse

arsenal-liverpool better goals. bad defending, but arshavin is a witch. Gooners!

Posted by: oranjebleeder | April 22, 2009 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: oranjebleeder | April 22, 2009 12:24 AM | Report abuse

so which one was better? Arshavins right footed blast for his second goal or his lefty blast for his fourth? personally i liked the lefty

Posted by: pino149 | April 22, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

I think ESPN360 puts up replays after a few days, but I'm not sure if they cover La Liga or EPL. Seems like most of their replays are international, Italian, Dutch, or German leagues

Posted by: carmines757 | April 22, 2009 1:49 AM | Report abuse

An article I read somewhere said the ref actually showed Pepe the red three seperate times. What he did was despicable and deserves to miss however long they tell him he will.

Man, when Guti hit that free kick, I knew it was on. When Higuain hit the last one I was doing laps around my house. I loved even Iker running down the field to celebrate.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | April 22, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

NIce game, excellent goals. Pepe should be banned for the rest of the season; disgraceful behavior from him.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | April 22, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse