Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?

FRIDAY
England, West Ham-Sunderland 6:45 p.m. Setanta
Mexico, Cruz Azul-Pumas 7 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol
Colombia, Junior-Independiente 7:15 p.m. GolTV
England, Hull City-Portsmouth 8:30 p.m. Setanta
Colombia, Nacional-Once Caldas 9:15 p.m. GolTV
Mexico, Necaxa-Chiapas 11 p.m. Telefutura

Keep reading for Sunday's matches.....

SUNDAY
Mexico, Santos-Pachuca 5 p.m. Univision
Spain, Malaga-Real Madrid 5 p.m. GolTV
Argentina, Boca Juniors-Godoy Cruz 5 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol
WPS, Gold Pride-Boston 7 p.m. FSC

By Steve Goff  |  April 3, 2009; 1:00 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sven Out as Mexico Coach
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

the euro teams that are in the champions league may want to think about resting some starters this weekend who played in the world cup qualifiers for their respective countries. Big games next Wed for them. Very pumped to watch them.

and please, somebody explain to me when its so hard to get DC United on tv. Blasphemous. Poor attendance and spotty tv appearances aren't helping the leauge

Posted by: doh1 | April 3, 2009 1:13 AM | Report abuse

I dont blame the poor attendence the first game on their defense it was raining. It will be a little more packed this saturday with it being 65 degrees.

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | April 3, 2009 1:16 AM | Report abuse

I just realized the United match is up against both Final Four games. Damn.

Posted by: sitruc | April 3, 2009 2:01 AM | Report abuse

After the 17th, pretty much every game will be on ESPN2, CSN, or FSC. So not too terrible, although I would really like to see these earlier games as well!

Posted by: carmines757 | April 3, 2009 2:08 AM | Report abuse

hmmm, playing on days of designated international FIFA game days (last weekend) and now during the Final Fours, one of the highest watched games in America? Sure is gonna be a tough stretch. Pretty bad timing when they're trying to impress pg county (if they still are) in terms of attendance and creating a new stadium.

Posted by: doh1 | April 3, 2009 2:10 AM | Report abuse

MLS star Fredy Montero under investigation for case of sexual assault?

Posted by: eubh223 | April 3, 2009 5:25 AM | Report abuse

The United need to at least outdraw the Nats v. Os preseason game Saturday night.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | April 3, 2009 6:33 AM | Report abuse

I'll probably take a look at Fulham-Liverpool. I've been a big fan of Serie A, but my enthusiasm has cooled after seeing their best teams get destroyed in the Champion's league. Although the Italians and Spanish teams may be more aesthetically pleasing, you have to acknowledge that the best "Prem" teams are better than their Spanish or Italian counterparts.

Posted by: shovetheplanet | April 3, 2009 7:20 AM | Report abuse

No tv for United game again? This is pathetic.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | April 3, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Goff

How come you have no DCU news? Thanks for the info.

Posted by: no_recess | April 3, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

*Mens final four
*WAGS and MD State Cup openers
*Heather Mitts Sun 7pm
*Stanford/UConn womens hoops Sun 9:30 pm

Posted by: OWNTF | April 3, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Looks like the absence of news on the Maryland Pages is causing garbage to float over here.....

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | April 3, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

no recess: me thinks since Tommy's little blow up over questions regarding Mr. Crayton.... DCU is no longer feeding Goff stories...

have you been blacklisted Goff?

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | April 3, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

have you been blacklisted Goff?

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | April 3, 2009 9:14 AM

You would hope that Tommy has a thicker skin than that, but who knows.

Posted by: no_recess | April 3, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Blacklisted? Feeding stories? What are you talking about?

I was in Nashville Tuesday through Thursday.

I'm going to RFK training today.

Posted by: Steve Goff | April 3, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Here's a local link to Montero's story. Sounds crazy, I'm crossing my fingers for his sake that this is some crazy chick he might have messed with and didn't call back... Maybe she's the stalker?

on the other hand as a DCU fan I should be wanting the kid gone right?

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

I was going to say... Didn't ya'll notice that Steve's been on the road. Well maybe I shouldn't say ya'll. no recess for bonghits!

I'll be watching United from inside RFK, and maybe watch Chicago/New Jersey on the tube on Sunday afternoon.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I don't mean to be the spelling police, but it's y'all, not ya'll - contraction of you all. I'm surprised that the Virginians, Atlantans, and Atlantaishans haven't screamed at you for defiling their Southern vernacular.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 3, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

I-270: like DC, Atlanta is full of transplants -- like me :) I refuse to say that word.

Posted by: Reignking | April 3, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

ya'll need to chillax!!!

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | April 3, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Transplants to Atlanta have to travel a fur piece*.

*Fur Piece: (n) A long distance. Etlanna is a fur piece from N'awlins.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 3, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | April 3, 2009 10:13 AM

I agree with youse. (A transplant from Philly.)

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | April 3, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I-270...please tell me you've never had to take a transmission out of the bathtub in order to take a shower. :)

Posted by: SportzNut21 | April 3, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Shower?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 3, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I sure do appreciate ye'r corrections right much I-270...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 3, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

I wrote it as "ya'll" til my sophmore year of high school, just out of stubborness. So if I see it that way, I don't mind.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | April 4, 2009 8:34 AM | Report abuse