Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch? (Well, besides Real Madrid-Barcelona.)
FRIDAY

Mexico, Santos-San Luis 5 p.m. Univision
WPS, Washington-St. Louis 6 p.m. FSC
U-17 South America, second round 7 p.m. GolTV
U-17 South America, second round 10 p.m. GolTV

By Steve Goff  |  April 30, 2009; 10:05 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Local Pro Matches This Weekend
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

Going to the Caps game then going to the DCU game.........it's a great day in DC.
Hope they both make it worth my while.

Posted by: googlio | April 30, 2009 11:15 PM | Report abuse

Coach at 12:15
Watch Caps
Coach at 4:15
go to United game
go home and watch Real Madrid on DVR

Posted by: jmingus | April 30, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Somehow I'm getting railroaded out into the country again this weekend... That=No soccer games. Not even United. I guess I could ask a neighbor to DVR the game, but... This isn't happening again this season. The good news is that the LilRyan's 2nd birthday is on Sunday, soooo I'm sure I'll be plenty busy and hopefully grown up enough to not get too pissy about missing the game because I'm no where near a tv with FSC. Unless there's a bar in Warrenton that'll actually be showing the game on Saturday evening? Or Marshall? Ughh.
And no the internet connection out there will not support MLS.live.
Now that I've gotten that off of my chest I'm going to go back to convincing myself I can miss another game.:-(

Posted by: DadRyan | April 30, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, wait, there's other games besides Madrid-Barca? Like, at the same time? Surely you jest.

No, really, though, my watching is centered wholly around that game.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | May 1, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

1) Bayern Munich-Moenchengladbach
2) Capitals-Penguins
3) Kentucky Derby
4) DC United-FC Dallas
5) Chivas USA-San Jose Earthquakes

After Saturday if I try to watch any game on Sunday other than the Freedom, then my wife will kill me. ;)

Posted by: croftonpost | May 1, 2009 1:06 AM | Report abuse

Slap me down in front of FSC all day Saturday ... Arsenal, Lazio and then DC, love it. (No GolTV here, so no Bayern, no Barca)
Also, have to keep an eye on France, both Marseille and Bordeaux on Setanta, who slips up?

Posted by: mjhoya12 | May 1, 2009 2:13 AM | Report abuse

United-Boro
Going to Caps game
Going to United game
Liverpool-Newcastle
New England-Houston

I'll catch one of Gol TV's 29 re-airs of Real Madrid-Barcelona.

Posted by: writered21 | May 1, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Going to the tailgate at lot 8 so I will miss the derby game for Barca. Want to watch ManU v Boro but don't have setanta so I will watch Arsenal, Buyern, Westham, head out to lot 8 and DC United.
Start on Sunday with PSV, AC Milan, Hamburg, Santos, and possibly replay Madrid Barca.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | May 1, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

@DadRyan: you need to develop an acute and debilitating allergy to something that's growing out in the country. This seasonal allergy will last only through the MLS season and playoffs, so you can make those obligatory trips in the off-season.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 1, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday LilRyan, the official baby of Soccer Insider.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | May 1, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday to LilRyan!

McMahon's Irish Pub for the game? http://www.mcmahonsirishpub.com/

Excellent food (and beer). Right in downtown Warrenton.

You know me....I'll be at RFK.....rocking the Black and Red!!!!

Posted by: Smitty8 | May 1, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Smitty. Funny thing, we actually had our rehearsal dinner at McMahon's when we got married out that way a couple years ago...
I might have to check it out.
LOL I-270...I think I just need to convince Grandpa to get FSC added to their tv package, and thanks for the birthday well wishes gang... Don't forget May 3rd is also Benny Olsen's birthday... You game goer's should sing him a Happy Birthday before the game!
Y'all have fun now ya hear! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Posted by: DadRyan | May 1, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

too bad there's no showings of the promotion/relegation battles in the Championship and League One. i suppose they might be available online on channelsurfing.net - anyone know if they carry those matches? or have any other links?

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | May 1, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse