Americans Abroad

FORWARDS
Freddy Adu in 18 but didn't play in Monaco's 1-1 tie with Valenciennes
Matt Taylor 90 in Koblenz's 2-1 win over St. Pauli
Charlie Davies 90 (goal) in Hammarby's 1-0 win over Malmo

By Steve Goff  |  May 17, 2009; 8:22 PM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: WPS Matchday: Freedom at Breakers
Next: Monday Kickaround

Comments

hey everyone, this blog is so lame that I am going to leave a troll comment, wait for someone to take the bait, ridicule them and then claim victory because I won't read any follow-up comments (yeah, right!). I'm the coolest guy in the world with absolutely no self-esteem issues. Jealous?

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | May 17, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

I'm not reading this thread anymore. I win. Nyah nyah nyah na na.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 17, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

I think Vidal's Indios won 1-0 over Toluca.

So is Adu coming on loan to DC United or what?? :)

Posted by: MrCerniglia | May 17, 2009 9:36 PM | Report abuse

dlemiwldjvn jklemcjh sdkjwejk

So there!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 17, 2009 10:18 PM | Report abuse

And I'm not coming back to this thread! LOL! MGM! USA! TNT! DVD! VHS! SOS! PBS! UVB! NPR!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 17, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan | May 17, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to be posting off topic but I will be comming up for Wednesday and Saturday night. I need to know what tickets to get. I had a great time at the game in Charleston this spring and hope to get a similar experience. Thanks for any help, I am stoked to see United play this year so many times!

Posted by: evanskr521 | May 18, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Evans, for the full experience, you can get tix from either the barra or the screaming eagles. Otherwise, just call the ticket office and ask for the loud side. They'll know what to do. And enjoy the rfk experience.

Posted by: joshuaostevens | May 18, 2009 7:10 AM | Report abuse

Adu will be loaned to the Galaxy to tote Goldenballs around.

Posted by: Hoost | May 18, 2009 7:18 AM | Report abuse

I didn't read any comments here and I'm not returning to read responses.

Posted by: sitruc | May 18, 2009 8:24 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, I'm not coming back to this thread. LOL! FBI! DHS! HUD! DOE! DOD! HHS! DOT! DOL!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 18, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Marco Vidal's Indios did tie 0-0 but, more importantly, they won their quarterfinal over Toluca 1-0 on aggregate. That's a really huge upset over the defending champ (and co-favorite along w Pachuca) by Indios - a team that looked like they would be relegated less than a month ago.

Goff, you must get frustrated working at the Post. The Sunday and Monday print versions that I receive in Arlington did not include your DC United match report on either day. The Nats got all the coverage. I guess they pay for it since they even buy ad space on the front of the Sports page and run slow-loading ads on your blog now, too.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | May 18, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

The game ended too late for the Sunday edition. The on-line reports stated "On-Line Only."

Print space wasn't just for the the Nats, a lot of coverage went to the "Last Preakness Stakes Held In Maryland." And the fact that a girl won.

Filly horseracing? Zzzzzzzzzz :-)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 18, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Sorry my first comment didn't make it through the filter... Something about what a D-Bag I-270Exit1 is for sure...

Steve, can you add a filter when people talk about horse racing, they can't say ZZZzzzz?

Posted by: sitruc | May 18, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: evanskr521 | May 18, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse

If you want/need loud side, I've got a pair of Screaming Eagles seats I could give up, as the Mrs. is undergoing an outpatient procedure at Inova.

Posted by: Section117 | May 18, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

sitruc: DadRyan, PMcP, and BongHitsforGomez thought you meant "dime bag" and my pager's been buzzing all morning.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 18, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

C'mon. The horse race was pretty good, IMO, almost as good as the Kardiac Kids' second half at the Offsides errr Home Depot Center.

As for the Nats? Time to resurrect an old saying, with one minor change:

"First in war, first in peace, and last in the National League East."

Posted by: SportzNut21 | May 18, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

:-)

Posted by: DadRyan | May 18, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

FWIW, the race had two decent plots leading up to it, but who would win was never in doubt.

Posted by: sitruc | May 18, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse