Euro Matchday: Arsenal-Manchester United

The second leg of the UEFA Champions League semifinal between Manchester United and Arsenal kicks off today at around 2:45 p.m. ET. Arsenal is at home, but trails the series after a 1-0 loss at Old Trafford last week.

Your options:

English TV: ESPN2 at 2:30.
Spanish TV: ESPN Deportes at 2:30.
Delayed TV Coverage: ESPN Classic at 5, Setanta at 9.
Online Video: ESPN360.
Online Updates: UEFA's gamecast.

Predictions?

Post your pregame, in-game and postgame thoughts in our comments section. Enjoy the match!

By Steve Goff  |  May 5, 2009; 2:25 PM ET
Categories:  Euro Champions League
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Life of Fred
Next: Wambach, Freedom Updates

Comments

I hope we don't regret putting not away those chances last week.

Come On UNITED!!!!!

Posted by: RedDevil1 | May 5, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Arsenal 2, Man Utd 1

Arsenal will dominate possession, but can't keep a clean sheet. Arsene will yet something in French at Alex, who will respond with something in the Queen's English.

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

not putting away*

Posted by: RedDevil1 | May 5, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Goal, Park for ManU

Posted by: Reignking | May 5, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

How come Arshavin's not playing? Is he Cup-tied to Zenit St. Petersburg?

Posted by: Brokenbil | May 5, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | May 5, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Holy manu CRonaldo scores on a free kick, it is 2-0, this is over -- it isn't like they are playing Liverpool.

Posted by: Reignking | May 5, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Brad Guzan to Arsenal?

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Drive home safely everybody. Or I should say, "tube" home safely everybody!

Posted by: Kev29 | May 5, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu.
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 5, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

This is nice. Very nice. I like it.

Come on you Reds!!

Posted by: Kosh2 | May 5, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

how funny is it to see AIG as the shirt sponsor? you'd think creditors might see that as an asset....

Posted by: troy6 | May 5, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kosh, according to my TV, Man Utd is wearing a Chelsea-like blue!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

C'mon Gunners. Only five more goals!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

At this point - May Manchester United win in Rome handily. May Alex Ferguson ride off into the sunset forever. May C. Ronaldo please move to Madrid (with Ribery to Barcelona).

And may the Glazers inform fans that the proceeds from CR7 have to go to service debt on the club!

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | May 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kosh, according to my TV, Man Utd is wearing a Chelsea-like blue!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse
=================

That's because your state just turned Blue in November.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 5, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Dude, that was COMPLETELY uncalled for!

I do rest comfortably in the fact, however, that Haymarket will remain tomato red for years to come.

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kosh, according to my TV, Man Utd is wearing a Chelsea-like blue!

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse
=================

That's because your state just turned Blue in November.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 5, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

=========================

ZING!! Exceptionally played, sir. Exceptionally played indeed!

Posted by: Kosh2 | May 5, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Ah Joe Doc. We kid because we, well, because we hide behind this veil of anonymity.

C'mon Gunners! Only four more goals!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 5, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Arsenal are designed to out run, out pass, basically out move their opponent. They have little defensive prescence, or strategy. Most of their wins come off of individual brilliance and put put soccer.

Man U are an impossible team to play against. Though they are good at controlling pace and possession, their greatest attribute is their counter attack from a brief bunker. See 1st, 3rd goal.

I wish the game had been more interesting, and I hope like hell Chelsea go down. Here endeth my opinion.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | May 5, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Nothing but love, joedoc.

This recent beating we've thrown The Arsenal should earn us some psychological points if that last Prem match ends up meaning something. I am hoping it does not so that we can sick the kids on them while the big boys take a breather, waiting to repeat as Europe's best.

Let's go manchester United - Premiership, European and World Champions!!

Glory, glory Man United!!

Posted by: Kosh2 | May 5, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Pulling for ManU is like rooting for the house to win at BlackJack.

You let me down today Gunners (not a total surprise) but you let me down today!

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | May 5, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

[sob] [sob] [sob]

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

VirginiaBlueBlood - I'd say it's more like rooting for the tanks at Tienaman Square.

Posted by: Wendell_Gee | May 5, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Wendell_Gee | May 5, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

...like rooting for the electric chair. :P

Posted by: SportzNut21 | May 5, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Did someone say "Blue"?

"Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and hisself
and everybody around
Cuz he ain't got nobody to listen..."

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 5, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, let's have Barca now. Although if they have proven vulnerable to Chelsea's bunker and counter (if not for a few brilliant saves, that tie would have been over already) they haven't seen Man Utd's.

Posted by: joshuaostevens | May 5, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

That C. Ronaldo freekick was OK, I guess.

In other news, the sun is hot and bright.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | May 5, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

No one can argue who the best player is. Two years in a row I would say.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | May 5, 2009 10:06 PM | Report abuse

DCUnitedFootball,

Folks will argue, of course, but I agree with you. Pretty good match.

Posted by: teamn | May 6, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse