Forward, March! (for a Stadium)

Two days until D.C. United fans stage a 10-block march to RFK to show their support for a new stadium in the metropolitan area.

The details:

A rally will begin at Lincoln Park at 3:30 p.m., followed by a procession along East Capitol Street to the stadium, and culminate with a tailgate party hosted by the Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles supporters groups. Shuttle buses will transport fans from Lot 8 to the park starting at 2:30, but because of an expected large turnout, use of the subway is strongly encouraged. The closest station to Lincoln Park is Eastern Market.

Oh by the way, there's a match too: First-place DCU vs. second-place Toronto at 7:30.

Said DCU President Kevin Payne said: "We hope the political leadership of the District, and the region, pays attention."

The weather forecast: chance of rain, temperature in the mid-seventies.

Are you planning to participate?

By Steve Goff  |  May 7, 2009; 10:23 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday Kickaround
Next: United, MLS Notes

Comments

I'll be there with two of my buddies...hopefully my lost voice recovers enough to engage in some chanting.

I hope we get a good turnout. 1,000+. Don't know what the effect will be, but still.

Will be interested to see Payne's comments to the supporters at the tailgate.

Posted by: the_slammer | May 7, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Do these things have any effect?

Posted by: bighungry | May 7, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

@bighungry - people are talking. That's exactly the effect we want.

Senor Goff - Since I have plans from months ago to be a thousand miles away from DC this weekend, I fully expect some good blogging and tweeting to keep me up to the minute on both the march and the game.

Posted by: TheAMT | May 7, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

yep.

anyone know how they're contacting people? soccer leagues? stores? school teams? anyone in the region who would benefit from an SSS (more Nat'l team games, etc.)

Posted by: eadc | May 7, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Nothing is stopping the owners of the United from building their own stadium with their own money. March to their homes.

Posted by: Tony-Tony-Tony | May 7, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

good point tony.

Posted by: bighungry | May 7, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

San Jose OKs reduced land deal for Earthquakes soccer stadium
By Denis C. Theriault

Mercury News

Facing up to the harsh reality of a slumping real estate market, the San Jose City Council on Tuesday unanimously agreed to cut $43 million from a land deal in hopes of keeping alive plans for a San Jose Earthquakes soccer stadium.

Team owner Lew Wolff and his partners will now pay $89 million for 65 acres near the airport, pledging to build a $50 million to $60 million soccer stadium in the next two to three years while waiting until the economy rebounds to develop the rest of the land into a sprawling office and retail development. Without the revised deal, the developers warned they would walk away from the project.

While that's far less than the $132 million deal the council initially approved in May 2008, it's more than the $81 million the city paid for the land, plus 10 additional acres, in 2005. Needed improvements and other costs brought the city's total price tag to $100 million.

Posted by: delantero | May 7, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

@ Tony-Tony-Tony

The first DC United proposal at Poplar Point involved DC United building the entire stadium with their own money. In return, DC United wanted the rights to develop the land immediately surrounding so they could build a hotel, etc. That work would have required DC to spend money on streets, electricity, sewer, etc. The city rejected DC United's offer and held a competition. Clark realty won (the city was going to have to make the same infrastructure improvements - streets, water, sewer). Clark dropped out because they could not make money on the deal.

The city screwed the pooch on that one.

Posted by: mbyrd28 | May 7, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I'll be there.

@Tony-Tony-Tony: this march is in support of a new stadium for United in the DC area. It's being organized by the team's supporters, not the team or the team's owners. So hopefully anyone and everyone who could be a part of building a new stadium will be paying attention, up to and including the team's owners.

Posted by: EdTheRed | May 7, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Part of the March is to dispel preconceived notions like Tony's. The original plan by the team WAS to pay for the stadium. Certain media outlets distorted this fact.

Saturday is NOT a protest March but a chance to show the Metro area that the team is viable and has support. And that support and $$ comes from all over including Toronto, Columbus, New York and points in between.

Posted by: CHICO13 | May 7, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Kudos for San Jose Earthquakes for stepping up. Same to the San Jose city council.

Posted by: mbyrd28 | May 7, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

The march will only matter if DC's government know it happens, and I doubt they will. Fenty is too busy doling out favors to his friends and the city council is too busy staying out of jail.

I love the idea and respect all those setting this up and participating, but it will all be for nothing. DC's government does not give a flying %&$@ about DCU.

Posted by: therealfootball | May 7, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I'm in.

Vamos United!!

Posted by: Smitty8 | May 7, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

The United did originally propose to pay for their own stadium but demanded development rights that went beyond what they can deliver in additional tax revenue. If team ownership had offered to build in either DC or PG with no strings attached then construction would already be in progress.

Good luck with the rally in any case, I've got family commitments during the day and Caps tickets that night, but it sounds like an absolute blast.

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | May 7, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

real football, you are probally the same person that tells people not to vote, because votes do not matter. Why don't you ask Obama if votes matter. DC FANS will bend over backwards to keep our team here, This is just the tip of the iceburg. More will follow...

Posted by: Norteno4life | May 7, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I'll be there.

Has anyone contacted the local VW dealers? Seems like they might have an interest...

Posted by: -rke- | May 7, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

==============

The problem is that neither DC nor Maryland taxpayers will bend over forwards to keep the team here . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | May 7, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: EdTheRed

Well, that was the case. Until Payne and the club (wisely?) hijacked it - to make sure their interests are being met while projecting the appearance that we're all in this together. I'm afraid that, fairly or unfairly, this will come off as "local soccer fans beg for public handout again". Just taking heed, that's all. I liked the idea when it was just about the supporters.

Posted by: Kev29 | May 7, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Wish I could be but I'm 300 miles away! I do my part though paying for Direct Kick. DC United leaves the DC area and I'm done with MLS. Anyway us out-of-towners can make our point as well? Obviously DC (the city) could care less about providing us with anyway, but MLS should. Does Garber have an email address?

Posted by: Brian76 | May 7, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

There has to be an Insider colleague linked to the Caesar administration who can tap into his five million-plus email list. We can tell them we're marching to create a Department of Peace.

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 7, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

This march will only be successful if the supporters can get city council members to join in for the festivities. Otherwise, it just looks like a bunch of crazies marching to a soccer game.

Posted by: DWE4 | May 7, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

No one's ever going to be in 100% agreement with other people on complex issues with lots of details.

But the simple idea of keeping United in DC is something I can support and I will be at Lincoln Park and march to the stadium.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | May 7, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

I'm in.

Posted by: dcbird | May 7, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

If you are unable to march, who can you contact to let your voice be heard?

Posted by: VirginiaFan | May 7, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I still think it's thoughtless to have the rally/march so much earlier than the game, but I will try to make it. Then, I'll go get some dinner in town -- maybe a Good Stuff Eatery burger -- and return for the game. I guess that means I won't be getting my usual Carne Asada, but they can survive without my $10, for a week.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: -rke- | May 7, 2009 11:35 AM
-------------------------------------------

Good thinking -- after the march, they could shuttle us over to a dealer to spend a couple of hours looking at cars, before the game starts.

Have I said I think it's really dumb to have the rally/march end at RFK 2 1/2 hours before the game?

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Everyone please attend. I'll be there.

Posted by: blackandred777 | May 7, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

SHUTTLE BUSSES FROM LOT 8 TO LINCOLN PARK.
Folks parking in Lot 8 can take a shuttle to the rally point for marchers.

FREE FOOD & BEER (21+yrs)
Marchers can partake of La Barra Brava's tailgate for free in Lot 8, with our thanks! Go to barra-brava.com website and navigate to tailgate link for location in the giant lot.

Finally, I love free speech -- makes it really easy to identify the non-producing contrarians of our community! Heck, if they march even contrarians can come to the tailgate.

GM

Posted by: GrillMaster | May 7, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Actually, the march sounds like it will be fun and useful. Unfortunately, I'm coaching a WAGS game in north Baltimore at about that time. Good luck with the march.

@Eric_in_Baltimore, any suggestions on where to get a bite to eat?

Posted by: joedoc1 | May 7, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

It's not too soon before the game once the march is over and you reach the parking lots.
Stop by the Screaming Eagle and/or Barra Brava tailgate, stop by the team store and buy a jersey for your cousin - kick a ball around.
Or, like was suggested, spend a little money locally on dinner. Always good to help out the local merchants.

It has to be early, there will be too much traffic trying to get to the game later, we're trying not to disrupt traffic too much more than we have to. And we need time to cook for the tailgates so folks can eat before they go in :-)

That's one thing you'll have to live with when it is The Supporters organizing the rally, we have obligations to our members - the team would do it closer to game time, so that guy can stop fretting that the team is involved - other than putting it on their website with a comment like we asked them to do.

Posted by: dcufan | May 7, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DWE4 | May 7, 2009 11:52 AM |
----------------------------------------------

I'm sure Marion Barry would be thrilled to be included in the program, but I suppose there's some question as to whether that would help or hurt with Fenty.

Is there anyone else on the Council who would publicly support a stadium? Tommy Wells? Lincoln Park is in his Ward 6, as is Barney Circle/Hill East, where I think the new stadium could be built (just south of the current RFK site). Or Yvette Alexander, who represents Ward 7, where RFK lies, and the Kingman Park neighborhood, which would benefit from the construction of a new stadium and neighborhood redevelopment?

Anyone know how they feel -- whether they want a new stadium in that area, or whether they would support one in Poplar Point, knowing this would open the door to build a new stadium for the 'Skins, on the RFK site? Actually, I think that would happen even more easily, if the United stadium were located adjacent -- to me, a two-stadium facility proposal that brings the 'Skins back in town is United's best shot at getting the Council's help/blessing.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Can you call it The Million Fan March? You don't have to have a million marchers, as Farrakhan proved.

I can't attend, my son has a beisbol game, but I wish you dry weather and friendly policemen.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 7, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there! I love this club and I want them in the DC area. Sadly, my gut tells our ownership is NOT as commited to staying in the area. They are realestate developers and saw the team as an oppurtunity to make money. I think they will jump at the first decent deal elsewhere.
Having said that, Let's get out there do our part and support the team we love! VAMOS UNITED!!

Posted by: section108 | May 7, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

OK, I found this on Big Soccer -

"Yvette Alexander - Ward Seven: Strong Pro (co-founder of Poplar Point Coalition)"

Jack Evans, whose support was crucial for the Nationals' stadium, is listed as pro Poplar Point stadium.

Seems to me that rally organizers could and should reach out to these 2 members. Also, Chairman Gray is listed as being in favor of Poplar Point (all this info is circa 2007 -- things have changed, but this makes it all the more important to make a new effort to include them). And, rally organizers probably should include Barry, if the intention is to revive the Poplar Point option. If DCU is reconsidering stance about Hill East, I suggest that someone with the team touch base with Tommy Wells, and pass along any interest to the rally organizers.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure they didn't buy the team because they needed a great way to lose money.

Posted by: OWNTF | May 7, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Jack Evans is in favor of DC United building a stadium in the District. I asked him.

Posted by: DWE4 | May 7, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Yup, I will be there with La Norte's bombo, flags, and banners.

Posted by: DJTruco28 | May 7, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I have been a SJ Eearthquakes fan since 1974. I went to every rally and city council meeting that pertained to either keeping the Quakes in SJ or getting a stadium built.

I hope you all show up to your rally. It's like an election: If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the outcome!

We wish you all the best (about the stadium!), and as a soccer fan I hope you get your stadium!!!

Posted by: lake_shasta | May 7, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I was orginally going to be in State College picking up my daughter on Saturday. But because of the rally, we are doing the pickup on Friday. It will be a long day but i'll be at the rally and at the game.

This is our chance to show how we feel on this issue. We need to be there.

Posted by: dcufan531 | May 7, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there and I passed the word on at work. Two words for those on the fence: free beer.

Posted by: griffin1108 | May 7, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DWE4

Yep - I bet everyone on the Council is in favor of DC UNITED building a stadium in the District. They're just not in favor of the District building a stadium for DC United.

Posted by: Kev29 | May 7, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Nothing like taking over Lincoln Park and pissing off the dog owners. It was the dog owners who got the DC Parks & Rec chief fired for not listening to their demands.

Sad but true that dog owners have more political leverage than soccer stadium fans.

Stadium advocates would be better off if they made sure the local food and drink establishments were well patronized before EVERY game. That would establish that soccer fans are good tax revenue generators and good for business. Tailgating and marching just doesn't do that. It doesn't put money in people's pockets and just annoys them.

Posted by: Alsatian1 | May 7, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there.

The idea of new stadium at RFK is great, but from what I understand there are legal issues with the actual land being owned by the Federal Government and leased to DC with usage restrictions.

Could someone on this comment string explain more clearly, why DCU could not build a new stadium in one of the far lot's while they continue to play in RFK until it is completed?

Or does that even begin to solve the financial problems that DCU has with the current location?

Finally, I don't want to see DCU leave the area, but if it comes down to it, I would rather see them go out with a bang (moving) than with a whimper (being financially strangled). Let's hope it comes to neither.

Posted by: mdt270 | May 7, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Part of me says: I'll march for this business right after I get done marching for Pepsi, Target, and ACME Rocket Skis.

The other part says: Come on, they do decent stuff now and then, like when they took Quaranta back and supported him because they reportedly felt they hadn't supported him properly in his first stint.

In any case it's amusing how commenters here always lecture that we're supposed to "go to the wall for this team," while at the same time they lecture that we must never forget that the owners are here just to make a buck, and we must understand if they move the team away in order to do it.

Posted by: fallschurch1 | May 7, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

there should not be any reason for any UNITED fan that attends the match not to be at the MArch (aside from family obligations) What people need to realize is that We understand that THE DC/va/md goverments are busy doing things, We understand that Macfarland needs to bring more money to the table, and lets not talk about the economy ,etc. We know all that, The plan is to keep United in DC by either

1) Building a stadium
2) or finding a way for both the local goverment and our Owners to be happy. If that means playing at a local College stadium, then so be it. If that means we build a 15k stadium with no amenties. I Think I speak for many when I say that we could care less where they play as long as they stay in our AREA. We would love a stadium that is worth 295 million, but if it doesnt happen Thats life, What we are marching for is to keep UNITED here. VERY SIMPLE

Now I will be there with 50 other Nortenos. Barra Brava and the Screaming eagles will be there with there crew you can count on it. What we are saying is we NEED YOU to be there. We need everyones Help! Do this For Soccer! Do this for UNITED! Do this for us!

We Love United, We Do
We Love United, We Do
We Love UNITED, We do Oh United we Love you

Posted by: Norteno4life | May 7, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

@mdt270 -- As I understand it, the biggest hurdles to overcome with the RFK site have to do with environmental clean-up. It's expensive. On the other hand, the right plan, which creates a positive economic and environmental impact, cleaning up the area, jump-starting Anacostia River clean-up, and preserving/creating new parklands, would probably be met with great enthusiasm by all parts of the federal gov't.

Others have written that the lease does require continuous use of the Stadium land or it reverts back -- which is why I suggest building a new facility on the same grounds, while the team continues to use RFK. I haven't seen the lease terms, but it seems to me that this would satisfy those conditions. Then, the Redskins could build a new stadium on the old one's footprint, sharing parking with United -- along with the environmental remediation costs. I think the city could go for that, with even more enthusiasm than they had for Poplar Point. I also see it as a better location, much more accessible for most of the fans base. Fewer Metro line changes for Virginians, and it's not in Anacostia, where few soccer fans will be found.

But, no one's asked me for my opinion...

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

@PowerBoater69:
"The United did originally propose to pay for their own stadium but demanded development rights..."

UGH!!!!!! STOP IT PLS It's not "THE" United!!!!!!!!

Oh, and get your facts in order too.

March on United!

Posted by: jleppig | May 7, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Good luck...

Posted by: Reignking | May 7, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DWE4

Posted by: Kev29 | May 7, 2009 1:05 PM |
-------------------------------------------

That, and the question of whether they've been contacted to lend their support at/for the rally. A public statement would be nice -- a public appearance even better.

I realize there's no formal proposal on the table, so it's hard to get a commitment from a politician -- but they might still want to say they support building a stadium in the District, and understand that some public support will be needed.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I like your idea fischy. However, I can't get optimistic about a new stadium any longer. The anti-soccer idiots have sucked some of the life out of me on this.

Posted by: Gambrills4 | May 7, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy

True, cooperation will be needed - but how long are we going to keep allowing the buck to be passed here? From Fenty to the Council to PG County to the Washington Post to NIMBYs to Maryland to Virginia to Garber to the Bogeyman, etc, etc. before we realize that the onus is on the men who run this club to ensure it's future?

I think they know that - which is why it's interesting to me that the club has officially adopted this rally and taken every opportunity they can to steer it in their direction. If not, this could certainly be viewed as a demonstration by the supporters towards the club.

For example:

D.C. United fans to rally for new stadium

A month after D.C. United’s plan to move from the District to a new 24,000-seat stadium in Prince George’s County died, fans plan to band together to voice the need for another option for the team.

“They are not just speaking about it being in D.C. but saying our team deserves [a stadium] -- help make this a reality,” said Doug Hicks, spokesman for D.C. United, which is endorsing the rally and helping spread the word about it.

And:

Posted by: Kev29 | May 7, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

****

That to me is the key. The rally is great idea. The publicity is great. Everything about this is great, but only if people that matter pay attention. PG county paid attention then firebombed the idea because of political pressure. The District screwed around with Poplar Point and that went belly-up.

Just because you march does not mean it will amount to a hill of beans. It doesn't hurt, but there is no guarantee it will help...

Posted by: therealfootball | May 7, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

@Kev29 -- Of course, DCU would love to touch off a bidding war for the team. That isn't going to happen. With PG County off the table, it seems that the District is the only viable option with the necessary public transit. So, it becomes less about gaining negotiation advantages and more about cutting through the Fenty Administration's barely disguised hostility to significant public financial support for a soccer stadium. What United wants at this point is to have Fenty announce that new bidders at Poplar Point are going to have to include a stadium in their planes, and to announce that the city will help with financing and the necessary infrastructure improvements. The numbers can always be worked out, if the commitment is there. Alternatively, I suggest that Fenty might find it more politically palatable, city-wide, to develop at the RFK site. If he publicly puts either idea on the table, we can do our part to lean on the owners to accept a reasonable offer.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

"plans", not planes.

Posted by: fischy | May 7, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

haha

Manny Ramirez takes female hormones.

Posted by: Reignking | May 7, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

A big BTW Goff.... the closest METRO station is POtomac Ave.

Posted by: gattipost | May 7, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Eastern Market or Potomac Avenue metro will do u just fine. If u go with Eastern Market and u head out a bit early, please stop by some of our local businesses:

On 8th SE
Las Placitas -- Salvadoran & DCU supporters
Belga --excellent Belgian cuisine
Old Siam --Thai
Cafe 8 -- Med
Molly Malones -- BB & DCU supporters
Ugly Mug -- Alcohol
Tratoria Alberto -- Italian
Chateux Animeux and Pawticulars -- Dog treats. Buy some dog treats for potentially disgruntled dog owners in Lincoln Park
Hills Kitchen -- For all your tailgating supplies
Fragers on Penn -- Hardware and a new grill for your tailgate
Toy Soldier Shop on 11th and Penn -- Far as I know the only toy soldier shop in DC, if the sign is up, the store is open.

Then of course there is Eastern Market: Peregreine coffee, Petit Market, the flea market, and the food vendors including the mobile crepe stand.

I am not a paid spokesman for the Cap Hill business district I just like my neighborhood and my soccer team.

Posted by: mbetka23 | May 7, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

I WILL be there. Not that I am into rallies or any sort but this is really crucial.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | May 7, 2009 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Someone call George Michael. He's not doing anything lately.

Posted by: delantero | May 7, 2009 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Las Placitas -- Salvadoran & DCU supporters

AWESOME post game food. Inexpensive AND easy to get to off 95 South, just by the Marine Corps Barracks . . Highly recommended after a game or before a march.

Posted by: delantero | May 7, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Ask the owner of Molly Malones and the former owner of Finn MacCools if United fans have any impact on local businesses. Then ask other business owners on Barrack's Row. Every time I've been up for a match, I've enjoyed a meal before and after the match, in addition to more than a few pints at Finn MacCools and some of the adjacent bars.

I'll be making the trip up from Durham this weekend with a friend, and we'll be taking part in the March.

Posted by: alecw81 | May 8, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse

ha,ha. Manny Ramirez want's to be a woman...Ha.Ha.
Can WE ride our bikes in the march?Bring up the back? Or lead the CHARGE? Can't get to lot 8 fast enough.... Is Goff gonna march? Watch from his helicopter?

Posted by: DadRyan | May 8, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

I'll be there. As much as I love RFK...and I do think it is a great stadium that the DC Sports Comm'n has completely abandoned...we need a long-term stadium that matches the quality of the fans and the team.

Posted by: jnel | May 8, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

The lawyer side of me: Has anyone gotten a parade permit?

The fan side of me: Hubbie and I will be there. Look for a middle-aged woman with a decided limp (note to self: pack Advil) and say hi.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | May 8, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Yes, the march organizers got a permit.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | May 8, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Good luck to DCU in obtaining a proper home.

MLS needs DCU to continue playing. MLS needs more Ben Olsen whining to the refs after he gets whistled for shirt-holding. MLS also needs more Arena worship, which your fandom supplies in abundance. MLS also needs more self-important statements about this homeless team.

I will, however, miss the statements about how RFK is such a great place to watch a match. I guess MLS will have to soldier on without its #1 armpit of a venue.

Posted by: khan1 | May 8, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Arena worship? We don't particularly like RFK.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 8, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

West Ham United(H) VS Liverpool

Willhill 6.00 3.40 1.50
6.00 4.00 1.53

In those recent matches, Liverpool were playing pretty well, for they need to get 1st position in the league. What's more, with Gerrard's recovery, Liverpool can get 3 points in this matches without much effort.

West Ham need to save their 7th position, but they scored only one goal in the recent matches verses those four top teams.

For more, please visit:

Posted by: nowgoal | May 8, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

My photo shop skills fail me. If anyone can paste a Pinochio nose on a photo of Fenty, please send it to dsheon@whitecoatstrategies.com.

Carry on.

Posted by: dsheon1 | May 8, 2009 10:59 PM | Report abuse

In fact, I'll give $10 to the best photoshop of a Pinochio nose on a picture of Fenty. Wish I would have thought of the contest earlier.... Deadline Noon Saturday.

Posted by: dsheon1 | May 8, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse