Video: Argentina Victory

It came in a 3-1 result against Panama -- a friendly with domestic-based players for the Albiceleste, though the announcer makes it sound like the 1978 World Cup final:

By Steve Goff  |  May 21, 2009; 7:43 AM ET
Categories:  Argentina
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Rewind
Next: Thursday Kickaround

Comments

that sounds like a radio show doing a voice over for the game.

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | May 21, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Looks like ol' Diego has been hitting the Krispy Kremes with regularity...

Lovely goal #3.

Posted by: 22206no1 | May 21, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

First goal was offside...can't believe it was missed in a game of such huge importance ;)

Posted by: mcn107 | May 21, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Great announcer. Dude must've had to clean his shorts after the game. What must he sound like announcing a game that counts for something? 8-o

Posted by: Danno1313 | May 21, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

That was an exhausting clip. That did feel like a huge final.
You should have gone with the third goal, mcn107. At least that onside goal looked close.

Posted by: sitruc | May 21, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Veron was called up for this match wasn't he? Did he play any?

Posted by: PEddy | May 21, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Three things:

1) Great music after the goals

2) I'm pretty sure we could beat Panama at home with MLS players 3-1, and likely without Donovan

3) I'm pretty sure I'd pay a portion (I can't afford all) of what it would take to have that guy announce it, and I don't even speak spanish.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | May 21, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

This reminds me of commercials for a cable company in Uruguay that showed you unremarkable parts of games with fake radio commentary on top. It helps to understand Spanish to appreciate how funny it is.

Posted by: JPHT | May 21, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

That's how the guy announces any game, maybe just a little more umph because its the NT.

Limarzi trys his best but it doesnt roll off the tounge like it does in spanish. Limarzi has heard it before I assure you. Every Colombia NT game is broadcast the same way this one was.

Posted by: francisco_11 | May 21, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse