DCU-Real Madrid Tickets

D.C. United officials tell the Insider that ticket sales for the Real Madrid friendly Aug. 9 at FedEx Field are approaching 35,000 -- an impressive total more than six weeks ahead of the match. By comparison, the DCU-Chelsea game at FedEx in 2005 drew 31,273 total. Real's recent acquisitions of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo just might have a little something to do with the surge in sales the past week.

By Steve Goff  |  June 23, 2009; 10:22 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , Spain
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tuesday Kickaround
Next: MLS News & Notes

Comments

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: torrey151 | June 23, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Just like I thought.....I knew it would sell well

Posted by: DCSPORTS | June 23, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

ZZZZZZ only because I'll be out of town, and am not a big Real fan. I also vowed never to give D. Snyder another dime. etc. etc.

Posted by: torrey151 | June 23, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I sure hope United delivers the goods at FedEx.

Posted by: joedoc1 | June 23, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

For a team as big as Real, I'd say anything less than 70k is a disappointment.

Posted by: CACuzcatlan | June 23, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

got my tix... although I'm much more interested in seeing Kaka perform, rather than that insipid Cristiano McEgo.

& if we can just get our starters back on their feet, this should be a groovy contest.

Posted by: IntangibleArts | June 23, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Big wolf! To everyones dissappointment, Ronaldo 25 mins, Kaka 25 minutes, clap and waive to the crowd. And that will be it.

Ill be saving that money since it will be shown on TV.

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | June 23, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Check out what one former Galáctico is up to this summer: http://zidaneandfriends.com/

Toronto - BMO Field - 6/25
Montreal - McGill University - 6/28
Vancouver - BC Place - 7/4

Posted by: Pedalada | June 23, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: torrey151 | June 23, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

hate him if you want but hes from a taxpayer standpoint the best owner in the USA, though he owes much to JKC. The stadium was built completely by team money. I like him 10x more than those carpetbaggers up north that got a whole stadium given to them, or those jerks playing stickball in the most overpriced $611m farce in sports.

Posted by: BBFunnyMan | June 23, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

PLEASE tell me this is on TV other than Telefutura. I'd gladly watch it in Spanish... if I even GOT the channel!!

Posted by: kdiff813 | June 23, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm with torrey151. I'd much rather fork over money to the DCSEC...

I've bought four tickets so far.

Posted by: sitruc | June 23, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse