Video: Dynamo's Rapid Goal

From Houston's 1-0 victory over Chivas USA last night, a lesson in how to travel the length of the field in seven seconds and score:

By Steve Goff  |  June 11, 2009; 1:25 PM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: World Cup Qualifying Update
Next: D.C. United Will Play.....

Comments

I'm still not quite sure how Houston only scored one goal.

Posted by: sitruc | June 11, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Blue Steel Stuey makin' PapiRyisco proud! Crucial fantasy transfers abound!

Posted by: DadRyan | June 11, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

How does Onstad not get a secondary assist there? And how do we get this corrected for the benefit of my fantasy team?

Posted by: manmark11 | June 11, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes MLS is a bit too generous with the second assist but manmark11 has a point, Onstadt deserves one there.
I watched the last 15 boring minutes of that game.

Why is Holden not being called up and Beasley is?

Posted by: dcufan | June 11, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I'd bet Holden gets called up for the Gold Cup if he keeps it up.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 11, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I'd bet Holden gets called up for the Gold Cup if he keeps it up.

Posted by: DadRyan

You could've said that months ago; it is the perfect opportunity for him.

Posted by: Reignking | June 11, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Quick goals on the counter approach art. Fabulous example - Holland vs. Italy from Euro 2008. From goalline save on one end to a sweeping move upfield to a clinical finish from a not-simple angle in mere seconds.

Humbling to watch. Inspiring, too.

Posted by: 22206no1 | June 11, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

What in the world was Thornton attempting there? Maybe a new breakdancing move? He did nothing to try to prevent a goal.

Posted by: beergorila | June 11, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

In unrelated news, Onyewo is going either to Fulham or Birmingham. A step up from Holland.

Posted by: bighungry | June 11, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

He's been in belgium

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 11, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

He's been in Belgium, not Holland.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 11, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Belgians make better bee and better fries. So, it's a step down in that respect.

I think he'd do well at Fulham, and it couldn't hurt the USA to have him working with Dempsey....but I still think Birmingham is the more likely destination.

Posted by: fischy | June 11, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Belgium, whatever he's going to England.

Posted by: bighungry | June 11, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy | June 11, 2009 6:00 PM |

Can you get that bee at the Natinals stadium?

Or do they actually manufacture bees?

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | June 11, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse

I ate a lot of fries and drank a lot of Blue Moon and pretty soon my clothes were Belgian at the seams.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2009 6:26 PM | Report abuse