Poll: USA-Italy

By Steve Goff  |  June 15, 2009; 11:30 AM ET
Categories:  Confederations Cup , Poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA-Italy Countdown
Next: Noonan to Rapids

Comments

Called in sick today;cough-cough! It's a football holiday!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 15, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

The Costa Rica and Honduras matches do not inspire confidence, then again, New Zealand played well against Italy in a tune-up (4-3 Italy win) a few days ago. I see the bad US side showing up and laying an egg. 2-0 Italy.

Posted by: therealfootball | June 15, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Dam, Brazil wins on a well deserved 90th min. PK

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 15, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Italy always seems to start group play slow. Maybe we can sneak 3 points.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 15, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

movers packed my tv, but computer is still up, so I watched it on-line. fuzzy picture...does everyone agree with 9 that it was well-deserved? I just hate games being decided by a PK in stoppage time.

Posted by: troy6 | June 15, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Just saw the result of the BRA-EGY match. Looks like we are in for a tough tourny--ITA may be our easiest game. Urf!

Posted by: glfrazier | June 15, 2009 12:00 PM | Report abuse

@Troy - No question, good call on the handball/PK. Defender threw out a chicken wing to keep a shot out of the net during a loose ball melee in the 6. TV replay was crystal clear.

Posted by: throwin | June 15, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Troy: Where are you headed?

Posted by: universityandpark | June 15, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

@ glfrazier -"ITA may be our easiest game"

______________

I have been saying that it is since the draw come out... 99.9% of the people thought I was crazy and that Egypt would be a walk. They clearly didn't see the ACN where Egypt were brutal

Posted by: Shanoni | June 15, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

@ glfrazier -"ITA may be our easiest game"

______________

Posted by: Shanoni | June 15, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

@ 9Nine9,

Wow, you too? I am suffereing from the same ailment here. Someone contact WHO, we may have a situation on our hands.

I really want us to win, but I'll take a gritty, workman, man-up showing over another Costa Eica meltdown, whatever the outcome.

USA! USA! USA!

Posted by: Kosh2 | June 15, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Ouch that was suppose to read "Rica", man this "cold" is getting the best of me.

Posted by: Kosh2 | June 15, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I've been working on a headache and cough all day. I'm going to have to leave work early.

Posted by: sitruc | June 15, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Wow - getting psyched and playing hookey for the Confederations Cup? Fair play to you guys.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 15, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I just looked at the current results of the poll (as of 528 votes) and something doesn't add up:

USA Win = 20
Italy W = 50
Tie = 28
-----
98%

What happened to the other two percent???
LOL

Posted by: pmtthree | June 15, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

What a great match Brazil-Egypt was -- end-to-end, creative, not dirty, no diving...

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I have been hearing reports that half the U.S. allotment of tickets in Pretoria were bought by Honduran supporters. Any truth to that?

Posted by: IamAM | June 15, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

ZING! :-)

Posted by: Kev29 | June 15, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

What happened to the other two percent???
LOL

Posted by: pmtthree

Lazy programming. Vote or click view results should be the options instead of vote, view options, or null vote to see results.

Anyways, I hope I'm not being too obvious at work by having a US jersey and putting on a USA jacket after complaining it was cool.

Posted by: sitruc | June 15, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else sitting around clicking refresh hoping for more info on Noonan to Rapids?

Posted by: sitruc | June 15, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I was slightly surprised but pleased to see that Egypt was the better team in the second half. The Pharaohs showed great confidence moving the ball forward and rugged defending. (Alas, poor coverage on set pieces.)

You're right; there's no easy games for the USA.

Posted by: Cerealman | June 15, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse