Video: Estudiantes Victory

Juan Sebastian Veron (look for the bald guy) and Estudiantes defeat visiting Nacional, 1-0, in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores semifinal series:

By Steve Goff  |  June 26, 2009; 11:46 AM ET
Categories:  Argentina , Libertadores
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Kickaround
Next: Talkin' Soccer

Comments

Insert obligatory "we should sign this guy" comment here.

Posted by: Section117 | June 26, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

He is clearly a estudiante of the game.

Posted by: joedoc1 | June 26, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

What I don't get is that South American soccer is full of estudiantes and Universidads, but everyone says that college kids aren't ready for prime time.

:-) for the humor impaired

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 26, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

So, I thought about it, and thought about it, and put 2 and 2 together, and realized something:

I-270 writes the gamecast commentaries for non-USA games.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 26, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, but I copy/paste from Gamecast and the BBC. I enjoy their acidic irony.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 26, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Hey! Big congrats out to La Bruja. I am wondering when the Libertadores final is. As I recall, Veron said he had to reject the DCU offer because he could not abandon his teammates in their pursuit of the Libertadores title.

So -- maybe United should look him up again, when the Libertadores Cup series ends....They could always sell Emilio to a central American side and open up the DP slot....And, maybe Clyde Simms would be strong left back.

Posted by: fischy | June 26, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse