Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?

TODAY
USL1, Puerto Rico-Austin 8 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel
SATURDAY
Uruguay, Nacional-Central 2 p.m. GolTV
Brazil, Botofogo-Santos 5:30 p.m. GolTV
Colombia, Once Caldas-Tolima 7:30 p.m. GolTV
MLS, D.C. United-Chicago 7:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet (D.C.)
MLS, Dallas-Houston 8:30 p.m. FSC
Colombia, Chicgo-La Equidad 9:30 p.m. GolTV

Sunday and Monday listings on the continuation.....

SUNDAY
Russia, FC Moscow-CSKA Moscow 6 a.m. Setanta
Confederations Cup, South Africa-Iraq 10 a.m. ESPN2, Galavision
Uruguayan league matches 2 p.m. GolTV
Confederations Cup, New Zealand-Spain 2:30 p.m. ESPN2, Univision
MLS, Columbus-Chivas USA 3 p.m. Telefutura
Argentina, Racing-Boca Juniors 4 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol; 5 p.m. FSC
Brazil, Coritiba-Flamengo 4 p.m. GolTV
WPS, Boston-St. Louis 6 p.m. FSC
MONDAY
Confederations Cup, Brazil-Egypt 10 a.m. ESPN2
Confederations Cup, USA-Italy 2:30 p.m. ESPN, Telefutura

By Steve Goff  |  June 12, 2009; 2:53 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United, Freedom Updates
Next: Saturday Kickaround

Comments

You're kidding, right? At RFK on Saturday...and loving ESPN on Monday.

Posted by: fischy | June 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Can't go to RFK tomorrow :-(

Racing-Boca on Sunday. Vamos La Acade!

Posted by: Kev29 | June 12, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

@RFK of course...

Posted by: KireDCU | June 12, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Soccer-free this weekend...to make up for too much last week and a lot more coming up.

Posted by: Reignking | June 12, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Reignking, alternating binges with abstinence doesn't work for soccer any more than it does for alcohol. It is better to keep a constant low level buzz than to spike and crash repeatedly.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | June 12, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Not live but still interesting for many soccer junkies. Telemundo is supposed to be showing a couple of Wednesday's South American World Cup qualifiers.

Saturday 2pm: Ecuador v Argentina
Sunday 1pm: Brazil v Paraguay

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | June 12, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I really will try to watch every game of Confed cup, plus the mls ones.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 12, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

BlackandRedRedDevil: or hide it....watch on laptop, work from home during the Confed Cup...

Posted by: Reignking | June 12, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Can we go back to music and bad puns like last Friday afternoon? I've got another hour to get through here at work and so far this thread isn't doing it for me.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | June 12, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Well I know I'm not watching Joey Botofogo. Did he come out of the woodwork jealous that the Palins are getting all of Letterman's attention?

Posted by: OWNTF | June 12, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

%99.9 sure I'll be at RFK tomorrow. Sunday's not looking too shabby, but considering Monday is looking the way it is, I'll probably take Sunday off. Except to check in on my expected fantasy points avalanche.;-)

Come on GBS, Paulo, and Eduardo!
Don't fail me now Tino!!!!

Posted by: DadRyan | June 12, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

RFK on Saturday, Confed Cup from home on Sunday, and Confed Cup from work (shh! Don't tell) on Mon.

Posted by: the_slammer | June 12, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

On the watching forefront, but not a game on tv, the newest edition of Studio90 has video from practice, where they let schoolchildren attend, and it didn't take long for them to stand, sing, and dance in the stands during a scrimmage. Pretty cool to see.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 12, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

The SE's are seeing very large game ticket (section is soldout and more) & tailgate pass sales. Come early to get in on delicious Korean beef short ribs, a first for us. I think it's going to be the biggest turnout for DC United so far this year.

I predict this is going to be a heck of a game.

Vamos United! Put out the Fire & take over first place in the East!!

Posted by: KireDCU | June 12, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

@KireDCU: Kalbi? I love some short ribs, just be careful not to burn em'!

Every one is flaking again, I really should make more friends with people who actually go to games instead of trying to convert people... It's a pain in the neck sometimes!

anywayz... here's a pic for Hoost of a Blanco-LESS Fire @ the White House. It's interesting to see Segares there and looking happy to be there. Is he out for the match? Or is that Wilman and Bakary?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 12, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

@DadRyan

Never stop trying to bring peeps out to games. I understand the sentiment, but do your part to grow the sport in this country, even when the sledding isn't easy. Vamos United!

We'll have two 'classes' of Korean ribs. I'm a complete & utter foodie and we have much of our 'A' grill team out for this game, they'll be properly cooked. The ribs are from Hanh Ah Reum (read- killer), don't know if their Kaibi or not but I know what you're talking about. We've got a good marinade for them courtesy of a fellow grilla and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Come early though, we've only got 25 lb.s of them and tomorrow is gonna be a monster size tailgate. Our ticket & tailgate pass sales are through the roof for this game.

All the usual's such as chorizo, brats, burgers, dogs, Italian sausage, awesone BBQ chix (ask W. Chang), ravioli, pizza, veggie options, and more (we're dropping the Jamaican beef patties for this one), will also be on tap. Not to mention at least 8 kegs of premium beer.

Hope to see Goff out one of these days. Happy to pay for you (and the family), Steve. What you do for the sport gets MAJOR credit in my book. I'll pay personally; I'm very easy to find. Just come to the grilla tent & say who you are (not that that'd be necessary). I hope it goes w/o saying, you'd just have to show your face to anyone to get free tailgate passes with us.

Mmmm.... can't wait for this one.

Posted by: KireDCU | June 13, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

uhhh. how much is the SE tailgate pass again???

Posted by: DadRyan | June 13, 2009 1:06 AM | Report abuse

I will try to buzz by the SE tailgate as I last had Korean ribs in 2006 at WC. I will pass on the KimChi though (blech).

Look for a shakeup in the Freedom lineup, in particular at outside back(s). I am hoping that Super Sonia shines brightly, unlike the whole team st the Sol match, and that weather cooperates for this great soccer Saturday.

Posted by: MR1Caretaker | June 13, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Finally! American sports being likened to soccer (sort of), rather than the other way around. Relegation for MLS posters -- have at it.

Posted by: MR1Caretaker | June 13, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

uhhh. how much is the SE tailgate pass again???

Posted by: DadRyan

Members drink for free, $7 for the the buffet; non-members $10 for buffet and drinks

Posted by: KireDCU | June 13, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse