Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY
UEFA U-21s, Sweden-Italy 10 a.m. Setanta
UEFA U-21s, Belarus-Serbia 12:10 p.m. Setanta
USL1, Portland-Minnesota 11 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel
SATURDAY
Confederations Cup, Spain-South Africa 2:30 p.m. ESPN2, Univision
Confederations Cup, Iraq-New Zealand 2:30 p.m. Telefutura
Brazil, Paranaense-Palmeiras 3 p.m. GolTV
MLS, San Jose-Los Angeles 4:30 p.m. ESPN2, ESPN Deportes
MLS, Dallas-Columbus 8:30 p.m. FSC
MLS, Colorado-D.C. United 9:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet (D.C.)

Sunday and Monday on the jump.....

SUNDAY
Confederations Cup, Egypt-USA 2:30 p.m. ESPN2, Telefutura
Confederations Cup, Italy-Brazil 2:30 p.m. ESPN, Univision
Uruguay, Nacional-Defensor 3 p.m. GolTV
Argentina, Lanus-Velez Sarsfield 4 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol
Colombia, La Equidad-Tolima 5 p.m. GolTV
WPS, Los Angeles-Gold Pride 6 p.m. FSC
Colombia, Cali-Junior 7 p.m. GolTV
Argentina, Lanus-Velez Sarsfield 8 p.m. (taped) FSC
Brazil, Flamengo-International 9 p.m. GolTV
MONDAY
UEFA U-21 Championship 2:45 p.m. Setanta

By Steve Goff  |  June 19, 2009; 9:55 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Kickaround
Next: Poll: Which Way for USA?

Comments

Too wet to go out
and too cold to play ball
so we sat in the house
we did nothing at all

Posted by: OWNTF | June 19, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Egypt 4 - USA 0

Posted by: arswift24 | June 19, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Post of the week award - literary category - goes to OWNTF.

I'll be shuttling Thing 1 and Thing 2 around.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 19, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Nothing. It's wedding season -- time to travel.

Posted by: Reignking | June 19, 2009 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Setanta, when will you die so I can watch the Azzurrini on a channel I actually get?!

Wasn't today their drop dead date with the Premier League? Had to deliver the rest of the cash or lose the rights for next season?

Posted by: Louise9 | June 19, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Reposting from the last thread:

Beginning today at 11 a.m., the D.C. United at Seattle Sounders FC game from Wednesday night will be aired in its entirety for free on MLSnet.com. It will start out on the media wall like a highlight, then move to the video archive late today:

Posted by: Section117 | June 19, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

"The Coach of Lost Causes"

interesting piece from today's WSJ if this link works

Posted by: OWNTF | June 19, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

What's the deal with Superliga? Are the games on Telefutura like in the past?

Posted by: Logan_Circle | June 19, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Hey Virginia residents, I need some advice apropos of this thread. I'm moving into NoVa and need to get a cable package. Given that money is indeed an important object, what is the best package to get? Which provider and tier is the best value?

Posted by: troy6 | June 19, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

@Logan Circle. I was just wondering about the SUPER AMAZING SuPER LIga! I'm not sure about tv coverage, but they are advertising that you can watch all the games for free here:

Posted by: DadRyan | June 19, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

How will Flamengo and Cuca respond after that 5-0 drubbing they took from Curitiba?

Posted by: alan19 | June 19, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Dadryan. Just clicked over to TV Guide site (remember that?) and saw that the games are indeed on Telefutura.

Posted by: Logan_Circle | June 19, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Well then. Scratch all plans, and get ready for the incredible pageantry of SUPER LIGA 09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

Posted by: DadRyan | June 19, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Superliga predictions anyone? Vegas odds?

Posted by: blackandred777 | June 19, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

@troy6

Dish Network has great soccer coverage.

Am not on FIOS, but FIOS has Fox Soccer Channel on their basic tier and that is a good thing considering the latest soccer rights bidding.

Posted by: DCUnited4vr | June 19, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

@troy6 - you'll have to be more specific to which area of NoVa yo are moving to, it's a big place with many different cable companies, one for each county at least. Each has a different set of channels and packages.

I have no cable company available to me where I am in (western)NoVa, so I went with DirecTV which I am quite happy with for soccer coverage. I don't watch much European ball, but I see alot of it listed on the guide so I have no idea what I may be missing but I assume not much.

FIOS seems good, but may or may not offer DirectKick depending on what neighborhood you are in.

Posted by: dcufan | June 19, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

@troy6: I've heard FIOS is great, I've got one neighbor with that and another with Comcast right here in my Arlington. I have super basic/non box cable from comcast, and while I'm bummed I can't afford FSC, I am always stoked that I can watch any thing on Telefutura, and Telemundo. Sunday MLS games, CONCACAF Champions League, Super Liga, etc. Also extra WCQ's and Mexican matches. I think FIOS continues to improve, and as dcufan pointed out, it really depends exactly what part of NOVA you're residing in.
My father in law has a Dish out the country and could in theory get a lot of great stuff, like DK. FIOS with DK would be awesome.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry but I can't help you troy. I don't know anything about Virginia except that apparently it's a long way from any place in Maryland.

So now who's gonna cover Algarve 2010 for the Insider?

Posted by: OWNTF | June 19, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

troy6, pardon if it's a bit too personal, but, what is it you do that had you in Portugal?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 19, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Steve's plane make it through ok, or are these guys driving from Washington to Colorado? Checking out the atmosphere(strip clubs) in Portland on your way guys? Getting all Rasheed Wallace for the long scenic drive?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 19, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan: I can't quite agree with DCUnited4vr about Dish Network. Their soccer coverage was terrific until last summer, when they had some sort of fight with GolTV, and the result is there is no GolTV on Dish. I have stuck with Dish so far because it is too much trouble to switch to DirecTV, but it gets more and more tempting.

Posted by: fentysupporter | June 19, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

troy6 is a spy. How else would you explain his "boss" letting him have so much time off to go to soccer games? The Algarve Cup is where he met his contacts and got information. He's pretty good at disguises.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 20, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse