Fashionable Quaranta

From the summer issue of Washington Life Magazine, D.C. United's Santino Quaranta joins Washington Redskins first-round draft pick Brian Orakpo and Nationals all-star Ryan Zimmerman for a cover shot and a four-page fashion spread.

washlifesum09-832-editnew.jpg

By Steve Goff  |  July 29, 2009; 2:26 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Return of Wynalda
Next: Mexico's Roster for USA Match

Comments

Very funny stuff...Is Santino still on drugs?

Posted by: alan19 | July 29, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Yikes - looks like Tino pulled the short straw and got stuck with the Gucci sneakers.

Posted by: BaltoFan | July 29, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Vans and a green cardigan? Dude....

Well, at least he's not drinking out of a water fountain aka Donovan.

Posted by: inbetweenswims | July 29, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Wow you must really be running out things to do today.

Posted by: no_recess | July 29, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I was really hoping I'd never have to see this again.

Posted by: sitruc | July 29, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I dare Tino to go out like that back in his hood in Baltimore. Somehow the tats and a green sweater just don't mesh.

Posted by: delantero | July 29, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

this is what happens when you go OFF drugs.. you become uncool.

Posted by: hendrix | July 29, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Is Santino still on drugs?

Posted by: alan19 | July 29, 2009 2:37 PM

Post of the day

Posted by: Kev29 | July 29, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

whomever put that get up together was on drugs...just awful.

Posted by: dcserge | July 29, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Santino on his way to the tea partay . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | July 29, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

This had to have been taken in Charleston.

Posted by: Reignking | July 29, 2009 3:15 PM | Report abuse

maybe I'm just not fashionable (actually I'm not at all), but that is awful. the phrase from 40 year old virgin comes to mind. wanna know how I know you're gay? not that there is anything wrong with that.

Posted by: torrey151 | July 29, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

wow, that's almost as bad as Brian Carrol's sweater vest ensemble

Posted by: Tweaked | July 29, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

No way, I can look that cool for only $18,170.50

"ON SANTINO: SHIRT BY SHIRT lavender and white plaid shirt ($135), ELIE TAHARI Randolph khaki pants ($198), and GUCCI slip-on sneakers ($325) and brown belt ($285); Saks Fifth Avenue, 5300 Wisconsin Ave. NW, 202-363-2059, www.saksfifthavenue.com. TOMMY HILFIGER green linen cardigan ($98); Tommy Hilfiger, 3229 M St. NW, 202-333-9311, www.tommy.com. PETER GRIMM brown fedora hat ($29.50); South Moon Under, 10247 Old Georgetown Rd., Bethesda, Md., 301-564-0995, www.southmoonunder.com. BULGARI brown leather strap with gold face watch ($17,100); BVLGARI, 5841 Wisconsin Ave., Chevy Chase, Md., 301-986-8610, www.bulgari.com."

Posted by: csd1 | July 29, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I expect the Barra Brava to have a 20x10 poster of Santino this picture at the next home game.

Posted by: Colsey | July 29, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Green sweater is a few inches too long in the arms.

Pants need to come down some unless this is a tribute to Michael Jackson

Posted by: tundey | July 29, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

oof... they'd've fit right in on my uni campus.

Posted by: hogmesh | July 29, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Tino's the man, but I don't know how he let himself get roped into this one.

Posted by: Pedalada | July 29, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

He's not a small guy, but next two those other two he looks tiny

Posted by: fedssocr | July 29, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Times like these I'm glad I'm not fashionable.

Posted by: BelovedCartoonMouse | July 29, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I was gonna say.. those aren't vans, and this was linked weeks ago.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Posted by: DadRyan | July 29, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Tino's the only "guy" there who actually plays his sport in shorts...how'd he get stuck with the not quite long enough trousers? Maybe it was bad soccer tan lines...
Anyway, I think my wife has the same sandals as Zimmerman!

Posted by: soccerman | July 29, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

"The Very Odd Threesome"

Coming this Fall, on Fox.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | July 29, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHA -- he looks like he's in a 1980s Benson & Hedges ad.

Posted by: mediaman1976 | July 29, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Santino on his way to the tea partay . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | July 29, 2009 3:04 PM

My third thought.
================================

He's not a small guy, but next two those other two he looks tiny

Posted by: fedssocr | July 29, 2009 4:21 PM

My second thought

============================

My first thought: He's reasonably close to my age (+4 years), and this is hideous, even for our generation's odd ideas of cool and fashionable.

What generation was this a good look in? Cause it sure ain't mine, and you guys are hating on it, so, apparently, never was.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | July 29, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Why does Ryan Zimmerman look at home in this picture....

Terrible fashion unless I was rich or owned a boat. Unfortunately I fall in either category.

Posted by: grubbsbl | July 29, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Zimmerman wearing the 1980's frat boy throwback ensemble (no offense Joe Doc).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 29, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

nerd alert

Posted by: beergorila | July 29, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

$325 for slip ons is a rip. Just get some vans for like $50.

Orakpo's got the best outfit. Tino's is embarrassing and 80s esque. Reminds me of a bad mashup of mr rogers meets miami vice. lol

Posted by: invncbl | July 29, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

The icing on the cake would have been a Member's Only jacket.

Posted by: owendylan | July 29, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

OMG he looks like he's a member of Vampire Weekend.

Posted by: gocaps2 | July 30, 2009 2:13 AM | Report abuse

Tino should be having a serious discussion with his agent/publicist for getting him the crappiest outfit.

Posted by: DrBeaker | July 30, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Is Washington Life Magazine a company secretly set-up by Ashton Kutcher, for the return season of Punk'd!? If not, and If those outfits are what made the cover of the Fashion issue, then I am proud to be un-fashionable! They look like Arlington bar hoppers.

Posted by: Nate8 | July 30, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Nothing puts the MLS salary structure in better perspective than the price of the watch on Santino's wrist: $17,100.

That's what? $5,000 more than the typical developmental players annual salary?

Posted by: roadkit | July 30, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse