Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch the next four days?
FRIDAY

Brazil, Corinthians-Palmeiras 6:30 p.m. GolTV
MONDAY
Malaga-Atlante 2:30 p.m. GolTV
Lyon-Porto 4:30 p.m. GolTV

By Steve Goff  |  July 24, 2009; 7:00 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchnight: USA-Honduras
Next: Matchnight: AC Milan - Chelsea

Comments

Wow....so many games so little time. It's time again. It's great that GolTV is bringing Madrid and Barca involvement friendlies.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | July 24, 2009 7:31 AM | Report abuse

Oh to answer the question. I will be watching every game that I can at the same time or simultaneously which are on FSC, GolTV and ESPN.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | July 24, 2009 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: torrey151 | July 24, 2009 7:37 AM | Report abuse

How bout some YouTube (or wherever) highlights from the 2nd game last night? I went to bed with 15 minutes in regulation and my recording cut off right after Mexico had gone ahead in the 88' missing Costa Rica's last second equalizer, the extra time and penalty kicks.

Too bad for the Ticos they came out on with lots of confidence and almost scored in the opening seconds and also had a hard shot hit the near post w Ochoa beaten in the early going.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | July 24, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Goff's article on Gooch

Match report for USA-Honduras, which is much shorter than the report for Mexico-Costa Rica.

The Post hates US soccer? Just kidding Steve.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Seriously,

Anything that ever gets done at Poplar Point needs an anchor. DC United is that anchor.

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | July 24, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

We should have all chipped in to buy the Watergate and then demolish it to build a waterfront stadium.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood

I think that the "anchor" is Fenty.

Looks like a good weekend to enjoy the weather. Plus, I've watched enough soccer this week, and there's a limit my wife can take :) I'll lip on the TdF.

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

flip, of course. The f key is unctioning poorly this morning.

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

You "f" key is ucked up?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I believe Oguchi played for FC Potomac from the age of 10 or 12 (along with Beckerman and others). I would think Potomac had at least as much to do with Oguchi's development as the MSI rec program, and might have warranted a mention by name. Minor quibble for outstanding lead article on D1, but if I didn't have some complaint, I wouldn't feel like a soccer fan.

Posted by: OWNTF | July 24, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

@Reignking,

@I-270Exit1,

I agree with that idea. Does anyone have Deutsche Bank's phone number?

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | July 24, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Today at 1 PM:
Benfica versus Ajax on ESPN 360

Posted by: godpere | July 24, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, you can not watch Adu play!

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

VERSUS HD, 0600, Stage 19, Lance goes for the podium on Mont Ventoux.

Posted by: delantero | July 24, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Here's YouTube highlights of the 2 late goals and penalty kick tiebreakers from Mexico-Costa Rica last night:

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | July 24, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

tomorrow morning-tour de france

saturday-MLS action

Sunday-3 games in a row gold cup final, milan derby, america/chelsea

bam

Posted by: adamsunited | July 24, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Oh, best Burn Notice ever last night.

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

From the silence here you'd almost think that Baltimore and the 71,000 that will be there was hundreds of miles away . . .

Posted by: rb22207 | July 24, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

. . . or that Insiders have heeded the warnings and already left work for Balto to begin the pre-game rituals . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | July 24, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

===

Eh. The Metro access isn't great.

Posted by: mason08 | July 24, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 8:53 AM |
---------------------------------------------

Foggy Bottom needs an anchor.

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I need a Foggy Bottom.

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1
***********************

Not sure if bouncing stands, flying cups of beer and smoke bombs fit that neighborhood. I'm holding out for the Kennnedy Center.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | July 24, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

*Annency France looked awesome in HD

*per WSJ: "it is no longer really in doubt: Alberto Contador is Earth's supreme rider."

Posted by: OWNTF | July 24, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Annency France needs an anchor.

So does Alberto Contador

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

U.S & Mexico Share Plane To New York

In a strange twist of fate, the U.S. Men’s National Team are sharing a plane to New York City with the very same team they’ll face in the final on Sunday, the Mexican National Team.

According to ‘tweets’ from both defender Jimmy Conrad and forward Brian Ching, the two teams will share the flight to the final.

Said Ching, “Sharing a plane with Mexico. Thanks”

Conrad was a little more playful with his reaction to the realization, “Apparently, we're sharing a plane with the Mexican National Team. I hope the Mexico coach doesn't kick me when I walk past him in the aisle.”

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

anybody have any suggestions on a good soccer bar in the DC area? just recently relocated here with no cable at the moment, been reading SI for a couple of years now but this is my first time posting.

Posted by: dkwatts86 | July 24, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Earth's greatest rider? Maybe the greatest living rider, but how do you top this guy?

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

OWNTF: when I was watching the TdF preview weeks ago, Annecy jumped out at me, even then.

I didn't know this, but the GolTV games are for the 2009 Peace Cup, being held in Spain.

Posted by: Reignking | July 24, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

The Mexican players will take up all the overhead luggage bins, use both armrests, keep the shades open during the movie, reclines their seats all the way, and refuse to get up when a US player needs to use the bathroom.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Eh. The Metro access isn't great.
Posted by: mason08
==================
So it a bit of a walk from the GW stop. You'll arrive thirsty.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Man. My subject-verb agreement is off today. Maybe my "s" key is malfunctioning. It' hitty

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Eh. The Metro access isn't great.
Posted by: mason08
==================
So it a bit of a walk from the GW stop. You'll arrive thirsty.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of eyecandy... one of the most dangerous campuses to ride a bicycle through in DC. Unless of course you put the horse blinders on.;-)

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Ching is going to get fined for his tweet.

Posted by: isaac101 | July 24, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

All the more reason to walk.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Bit of a walk? Foggy Bottom to Watergate is a third of the distance as the RFK to it's metro stop. Neighbors would be a bit of a pain, all hoity toity, the Saudi Embassy, JFK center. Bike access would be SWEET across either bridge from Rosslyn.

I got $5 to chip in for the purchase.

Posted by: delantero | July 24, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link on the ZZZzzzz torrey151. Actually the news I've been hoping to hear since McFarlane bailed. Poplar point really makes the most sense doesn't it? Unless of course something could be built in one of the lots at the RFK site.

Just don't let the Sounders fans know that the plans are for only 20,000(which I imagine will be expandable). They'll have a field day telling us how lame that is, and how we'll be bringing our pets to the game to pump up attendance numbers...

TDF for me. Out to the country again, no FSC so I'll hope DCU can give me a game worth watching in replay later in the week.

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 11:59 AM |
---------------------------------------------

You think they won't be throwing drinks whenever a US player goes for a walk in the aisle?

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dkwatts86 | July 24, 2009 11:57 AM
///////////
Lucky Bar
1221 Connecticut Ave., NW DC

FADO in chinatown
808 7th St., NW

Summers in Arlington
1520 N Courthouse Rd.

Kitty O'Shea's in Arlington
2403 Wilson Blvd.
There are so many..

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | July 24, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

@dkwatts86

too many to name... highlights

Momo's on U street
Molly Malone's 8th str SE
Luck Bar CT ave (dupont circle)
Fado 7th Str (china town)
Kitty Oshea's (in VA, court house area)
Kilroy's (way the out there in VA)
Summer's (in VA court house area)

DC is a great town for viewing games.. most bars will play a game if you ask..

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | July 24, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Lordy. Too bad Gooch isn't on that plane to give them all one big stare down.

Somehow tiny Rogers and Holden just aren't intimidating.

I'd let one loose on them SilentbutDeadly

"This is the question I must ask as I pass, do I give you the a#$ or the crotch?"

Posted by: delantero | July 24, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Here's my plan:
Friday - AC Milan-Chelsea

Saturday - Kansas City-Los Angeles
San Jose-D.C. United

Sunday - Gold Cup final, USA-Mexico
AC Milan-Inter Milan
Chelsea-America

The DVR will certainly be busy...

Posted by: soccerman | July 24, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

The word at goal.com is that both Ching and Conrad have twittered about a subject that dearly concerns ourselves:

The US and Mexico are sharing a plane to the final.

Wonder if Daniel Day Lewis will star in the sequel:

There Will Be Blood: Balls Flying!

Posted by: UnitedDemon | July 24, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

@ dkwatts86

Add Union Jack's in Bethesda to your list

Posted by: soccerman | July 24, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

United News and notes must be coming soon. Sup wit Boyzzz cast?

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of movies, will Conrad tweet this about the diving?

"I've had it with these mother ****ing fakes on this mother ****ing plane."

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Bravo.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | July 24, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

For me, Poplar Point makes the second most sense. I think there are more logistical issues than are acknowledged, especially if DCU games end about the same time as Nationals games. Those are going to be full trains rolling into the Navy Yard. maybe Metro can make it work.

I still think RFK makes more sense, and I think if the District is interested in luring the Redskins back, it's more economically plausible to build the two facilities to share parking and road improvements, etc. That's also a neighborhood looking for a kick-start. Plus, it would be far more appealing for Capitol Hill staffers -- exactly the fans you want to attract because they're the ones most likely to stick around and spend money after the game.

Finally, there would be far less opposition from environmental groups -- groups that will continue to fight the Poplar Point project tooth and nail.

But, both sides keep steering the discussion towards Poplar Point. If they can make it work politically, it's a good second choice. Still, I don't see how the proposed economics can work for United, if they're paying rent and on the hook to cover any revenue shortfall. Also, I think they need to think bigger -- 22,000 to 25,000 (at least readily expanded for bigger games) -- especially if there's concern about revenues. MLS isn't anywhere near its peak yet. There's a generation coming up that's going to fill the stands.

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for getting serious for a moment...

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

There will be no stadium built with public debt in DC, VA or MD; at least for the foreseeable future. Why is that so hard for Payne and everyone else to grasp?

Posted by: OWNTF | July 24, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

how about leesburg 55k tight asss standing spiting players field just approve?

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | July 24, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

So it a bit of a walk from the GW stop. You'll arrive thirsty.
===

It's not the distance... It's Virgnia Avenue. Ever played Frogger after a couple pints?

Posted by: mason08 | July 24, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

@OWNTF -- Entirely with public debt? Certainly not. But, some public financing isn't out of the range of possibilities.

Look at the related article link at Washington.biz:

Yesterday, Portland voted to give Paulson some financing to renovate PGE Park for the Timbers. He didn't get all the money he wanted, and he had to give up on his dream of having the city finance a new minor league baseball stadium -- but the city did step up with a decent percentage of the renovation cost.

If both side are flexible and don't stand on 0% principles, then dollar amounts or percentages can probably be worked out. For example, perhaps DCU and the city could agree to share the risk of revenue shortfalls....

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

thanks DCUnitedFootball, bonghits4gomez, and soccerman for the suggestions

Posted by: dkwatts86 | July 24, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

DCU (among many others in this town) should stop asking politicians for permission to spend other peoples' money.

Posted by: OWNTF | July 24, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

it appears we signed Ely Allen a midfielder.

don't we need a forward? or does this mean Cpontius will be up front more often?

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | July 24, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF
================

Spending other people's money is the raison d'etre of a politician.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

raison d'etre
Posted by: I-270Exit1
==========

Eurosnob!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to add a few more bars for dkwatts86's (or anyone else's consideration): Mister Days in Arlington (Clarendon); Ireland's Four Provinces in the center of Falls Church; and Grevey's in the Merrifield area. Grevey's has small screens at each booth that can be tuned to the channel of the diner's choice. However, I'm not sure they get every channel on earth, so call ahead if you want to watch something on FSC, Setanta, etc. I've also attended a coupla Freedom-related events at Glory Days in Germantown.

I have a question of my own: Being FSC-deprived, I would normally head out to a watering hole on Sunday afternoon to watch the Gold Cup final. However, there will be a Webcast of the Freedom's match at Chicago at the same time. So my question is: does anyone know of good soccer-friendly bars with free WiFi access? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: cow_pasture | July 24, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

DCU just signed a replacement for Barklage, Ely Allen from the Seattle Wolves in the PDL.

Posted by: HarkesyRules | July 24, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Ajax vs Benfica is Sunday at 3PM

Posted by: ScottYoung3 | July 24, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Ely Allen...another Galaxy cast-off. Well, the last one worked out well. This is more of a stopgap move, with the team suddenly bleeding depth in the midfield...likely to hang around as long as Zaher or Vide.

What's the hold-up with Szetela? Does somebody need to send Brescia a gratuity?

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Friday:

AC Milan vs Chelsea
Salt Lake vs Dallas

Saturday:

Seattle vs Chicago
Malaga vs Aston Villa
Columbus vs Toronto
Los Angeles vs Kansas City
DCU vs San Jose

Sunday:

USA vs Mexico
Chelsea vs Club America

My wife will want a divorce by Monday!

Posted by: croftonpost | July 24, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Szetela's transfer came through yesterday.

Posted by: HarkesyRules | July 24, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Harkesy. It's hard to believe that DCU had to reach into the PDL ranks for a guy cut by LA and Seattle. Maybe he'll surprise us....Maybe he knows the Sounders' secret signals...

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Ely Allen sucked hard for the Galaxy. I was glad we cut him. However, it seems like ever player we let go, not matter how bad or how good, somehow becomes a decent player or better with his new team.

Posted by: CACuzcatlan | July 24, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

fischy, I don't think there is too much else out there at this point in the season to be had for the developmental slot. Here's hoping that it's something in the water on the left coast that has these players not doing so well. After all, Wicks has proved to play much better here on the right side.

Posted by: HarkesyRules | July 24, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

My wife will want a divorce by Monday!
Posted by: croftonpost
================

Don't worry. With MLS and Euroleagues, the marital strife is spread across all 12 months, so spouses get accustomed to chronic abandonment rather then acute. That's the beauty of soccer.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

My wife will want a divorce by Monday!

Posted by: croftonpost | July 24, 2009 2:16 PM

Hmmm, maybe I should start offering an SI discount.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | July 24, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Hell, sports fans unite!

Posted by: UnitedDemon | July 24, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

The good news? What I was saying about the next generation is reflected in booming MLS merchandise sales. The bad news? This boomlet seems confined to the Beckhams, Seattle and Toronto. DC United is a distant fourth. A new stadium and a worthy, recognizable DP might make a dent in that...Might change the economics of the team.

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Since we're on the topic or bars, would someone post a list of bars frequented by Steven Gerrard and Joey Barton so that I can avoid them if I ever go to Liverpool?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Never mind. There may not be enough bandwidth for that list.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

sted by: UnitedDemon | July 24, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I think it definitely would. Particularly a notable DP coupled with one for the thumb.

Posted by: croftonpost | July 24, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Uhh, new kits next year right? Come on Mr. Payne maybe it is time to reconsider that... wait for it... 3rd Jersey!

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Fun reading on the Blackberry to get me through work today, thanks guys.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | July 24, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Gotta hand it to BlackandRedRedDevil for finally putting that Kevin Payne thread out of it's misery. You put an incredible smile on my face this afternoon. Thank you and Vamos United!

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

No, he didn't.

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Or, she didn't....

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

DR: You're welcome.

fischy: it's she. And yes I did.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | July 24, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Fresh off the Twitter presses:

@dcunited: USOC Final tix on sale at 1996 prices. http://dcunited.com/open-cup. Planholders with Special Game D seats will receive t-shirt in advance.

Great move by the FO in my opinion...let's pack the old girl and win a trophy!

Posted by: the_slammer | July 24, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

with that, I wouldn't mind turning this into the unofficial Seattle beat down thread, but then again none of them would probably see it as the only soccer they actually pretend to pay attention to is their beloved barf Green cry baby club. ;-)

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

the_slammer's link isn't working...

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Ah, it's cause of the period at the end...

I'm sure you could just contact your friendly ticket rep to avoid the ticketmaster fees, too!

Posted by: the_slammer | July 24, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I don't have a ticket rep... but I do notice that the tickets are ranging from 12-22 bucks! Sweet! Even my dead broke butt will be able to buy extra tix to this one. Yess!

I seriously hope every DCU fan out there does their grass roots best to get people interested in this match. Wish they'd cut a deal on Champion's League! I've already been lobbying neighbors and I didn't even know about the price drop, this is great news!
Thanks for the heads up slammer!
Vamos United! It would be sweet if we could at least fill up most of the lower bowl, and keep the Sounders support relegated to the upper deck.

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

@dcunited: USOC Final tix on sale at 1996 prices. http://dcunited.com/open-cup.

Posted by: the_slammer | July 24, 2009 4:48 PM

Aww yeah! They've finally lowered Open Cup prices to the level they should be! I can't wait for this match - nice job amping it up, Seattle.

Here's the Ticketmaster link --

Posted by: Kev29 | July 24, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

At least two people recommended Fado in Chinatown as a good soccer bar. I've been there to watch matches a number of times. I've found that it is best for afternoon games (i.e., broadcasts originating in Europe), during what would otherwise be a slow time for them, and when most of the people are there to watch the same thing as you. However, I went there to watch USA-Honduras last night, and it wasn't quite as great. Basically, it was very crowded, with most of the people being there for reasons unrelated to soccer. Accordingly, although FSC was on several screens, the audio was muted, and they played their usual loud background music.

Posted by: cow_pasture | July 24, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to thank season ticket holders in advance who are being rewarded with a t-shirt. I know some will enjoy it, and some may be a little miffed but that consolation is the only way this price drop could happen. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Posted by: DadRyan | July 24, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

cow_pasture - that's what I've found to be true at Fado as well. It's great when not busy - they'll pop whatever you want on, normally with sound. Or on normal Saturday/Sunday mornings. It's a chain, but the Guinness is good and the food's OK as well. If I'm in the city, I usually go there for an English match on TV.

Posted by: Kev29 | July 24, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Damn. Those are some dirt cheap prices. Sweet.

Posted by: mason08 | July 24, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

By the way, I'm thinking that Ely Allen's signing may not be a good sign with respect to Simms' hernia injury. We might be looking at a central midfield with Szetela being pressed into starting duty, alongside Olsen or someone who's usually on the wing -- Pontius, Fred or Wallace. That would mean Jacobson and Allen are the backups.

Posted by: fischy | July 24, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Ohhhh come on! Why must this game be so tempting to go to!?!?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | July 24, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

did I list fado as a good place?

I think I listed it as a place..

I live 3 blocks from Fado, but NEVER go.. I'd rather stay home and watch online or go to Momo's, Molly Malone's or Kitty O'sheas.. MUCH further from my home...

Fado IMHO sucks, in a disneyland way...

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | July 24, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Slightly off topic: Garber dings Beckham's wallet $1k for fan confrontation:

Posted by: SportzNut21 | July 24, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

SBI reporting MLS has fined Beckham $1000 for the incident during the Milan game.

Sure, that money is nothing to him, but due to the CBA, it's likely the most they can.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | July 24, 2009 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Yes. I forgot to mention the sound issue. Only worth going to Summers, Kitty O and Lucky Bar just to name a few. Also, Mister Days has a large screen tv. Forgot if they let the sound out.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | July 24, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

$1K would buy a team dinner at Ruth Chris with leftover for sushi pizza and mangotinis for Donovan.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 24, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse