Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

MLS, San Jose-Seattle 3 p.m. Telefutura
Mexico, Santos-Indios 5 p.m. Galavision
Mexico, America-Morelia 5 p.m. Univision
WPS, Chicago-Los Angeles 6 p.m. FSC

By Steve Goff  |  July 30, 2009; 12:24 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday Kickaround
Next: New York State of Mind

Comments

Arsenal vs. Athletico and then United away at Houston will do for me Steve. Cheers.

Posted by: gooner71 | July 30, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Saturn is at a Zenit?

Posted by: Reignking | July 30, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

The first color TV my family bought was a Zenit.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 30, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

i was always a Sorny man, myself.

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | July 30, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Madrid - 55,000 tickets sold for the D.C. game, according to the United web site. Where's the skeptic who doubted that the ticket sales would reach the 50,000 mark?

Saturn-Zenit sounds like something out of a sci-fi novel. What would soccer be like in low-gravity? Zero gravity?

Posted by: Miles_Standish_Proud | July 30, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Saturn will run rings around Zenit.

Posted by: Reignking | July 30, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Saturn is at the Zenit(h) of soccer

Posted by: bigbadbri | July 30, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

I tried to make chocolate-filled doughnuts last night, and failed.

I over-egged the pudding.

Posted by: joedoc1 | July 30, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

good grief joedoc...

Posted by: DadRyan | July 30, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

A propos of nothing:

The name "Blatter" makes me giggle, sounds like a really bad horn player. "He can play decently in an ensemble, but as a soloist he's a real Blatter."

Posted by: SportzNut21 | July 30, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I'll be watching non-friendlies. They might have been fun at first, but seriously, we'll be watching these clubs play proper matches for the next 9 months + the World Cup after that. Do I really need to watch 22 Real Madrid players and 22 Juventus players go through the motions?

Posted by: Kev29 | July 30, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Colombia, Millonarios-Huila 9:30 p.m. GolTV
===========================

I heard this game is postponed because the Millonarios players are protesting the proposed Obama tax hikes.

Posted by: joedoc1 | July 30, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

good grief joedoc...

Posted by: DadRyan | July 30, 2009 2:37 PM

I agree. Now that he's a published contributor to the print edition of the Post he'll be unbearable among us mere mortals.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | July 30, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil
===============

I missed that. Did Joe Doc write an angry letter to the editor about gun control and socialized health care?

And he's been unbearable from the beginning of SI.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | July 30, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Bottom of page 2 of sports section. "Best of the Blogs" or something like that. Something about supply sideline assits and trickle down field.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | July 30, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Yikes! Glad I'm on vacation next week. It's getting brutal around here.

I'm headin' off to Vacation Pun School.

As for the "print" edition citation, I thought Gambrill4's post was a bit more fiery than mine.

Posted by: joedoc1 | July 30, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Best of the Blogs? Didn't know about that.

Posted by: Reignking | July 30, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

a bit more? dude, that was the lamest post I'd ever seen you contribute. naturally, that's the one they print.

you have 14 minutes and 45 seconds left of fame, according to Warhol.

:-)

Posted by: troy6 | July 30, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

I haven't taken this much heat since I walked around Logan Circle wearing my "Huckabee for President" t-shirt.

Posted by: joedoc1 | July 30, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cow_pasture | July 30, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SportzNut21 | July 30, 2009 2:48 PM
------------------------------------------

Blat´ter
v. i. 1. To prate; to babble; to rail; to make a senseless noise; to patter.

Posted by: cow_pasture | July 30, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I think we had a Panasonaikos but it's all greek to me.

Posted by: getanewnumber10 | July 30, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

You left out the three live games on Gol TV Sunday. Rangers-Arsenal at 11 a.m. (EST), PSG-Atletico at 1:15 p.m. and the Peace Cup Final Juventus/Real Madrid vs. Aston Villa/Porto at 6 p.m.

Posted by: GersMan | July 30, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

It's cool to see so many Mexican matches broadcast this season, they're usually pretty entertaining (and it's nice to be able to watch some soccer as a neutral).

Posted by: HowdyDCU | July 30, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse