Wednesday Kickaround

*Matchday in Mexico City! Read my preview. Kickoff is 4 p.m. ET.

Telemundo has the Spanish coverage and can be found in most U.S. households through over-the-air broadcast or cable. Telemundo's sister station, mun2, will handle English-language coverage. Most major distributors, including Comcast, Time-Warner, DirecTV and DISH Network, have made it available. Unfortunately, coverage will begin only a few minutes before kickoff and the announcers will call the match from a U.S. studio. Finding mun2 on your cable system might not be easy, so give yourself extra time to search.

*Other qualifiers today:
Euro Group 3: Slovenia (2-2-2)-San Marino (0-7-0)
Euro Group 4: Ajerbaijan (0-4-1)-Germany (5-0-1), noon FSC
Euro Group 6: Belarus (3-2-0)-Croatia (3-1-2)
Euro Group 7: Faroe Islands (0-4-1)-France (3-1-1), 4 p.m. Setanta
Euro Group 9: Norway (0-2-3)-Scotland (2-2-1), 1 p.m. Setanta
CONCACAF: Honduras (2-2-1)-Costa Rica (4-1-0)
CONCACAF: T&T (0-3-2)-El Salvador (1-2-2)
Friendlies include Russia-Argentina, Czech Republic-Belgium, Estonia-Brazil, Ukraine-Turkey, Denmark-Chile, Austria-Cameroon, Ireland-Australia, Poland-Greece, Netherlands-England, Macedonia-Spain and a Giants Stadium doubleheader featuring Ecuador-Jamaica and Colombia-Venezuela.

*Colin Clark, Colorado's excellent midfielder, will miss the rest of the MLS season after tearing a knee ligament in training Tuesday.

*Following up on our reports from a couple weeks ago, Toronto FC has finalized the signing of Haitian national team defender Lesly Fellinga, who had been with Heerenveen in the Dutch league. He received a work permit and was scheduled to arrive in Canada this week.

By Steve Goff  |  August 12, 2009; 9:58 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , MLS , Mexico , TV , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA in Mexico City
Next: Matchday: USA-Mexico

Comments

What is the Over/Under for how many players the US will have on the pitch at the end of the game?

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | August 12, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"Unfortunately, coverage will begin only a few minutes before kickoff and the announcers will call the match from a U.S. studio. Finding mun2 on your cable system might not be easy, so give yourself extra time to search."

I'm foreseeing a lot of issues with bars assuming they have the match, then realizing their satellite packages do not include mun2 or Telemundo. I really recommend a reliable soccer bar, or getting in touch with the bar you're planning on.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

For Comcast users I believe mun2 is on channel 178...check your listings but that is what is showing for our household in Prince William County, VA

Posted by: zzlive4soccerzz | August 12, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Lesly is a girl's name. His wiki page says he made one appearance with the Netherlands U15 team. Was that because of his time with FC Groningen?

Posted by: sitruc | August 12, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

mun2 is channel 275 on Verizon Fios in Anne Arundel county.

That Clark injury could be a disaster for Colorado. Clark was their only truly inventive, dangerous midfielder going forward; everyone else is just a worker bee. I suspect they'll either move LaBrocca over to the left, or bring in Peterson (who is high on athleticism, effort, and moaning to officials when he falls down, but low on actual skill). The Rapids are already overly dependent on Cummings and Casey doing the job with little help. This should make it much harder for them unless Jamie Smith hits the ground running.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | August 12, 2009 10:35 AM | Report abuse

channel 275 on verizon FIOS is mun2

Posted by: SadieV | August 12, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

any online video of the game?

Posted by: rockotodd | August 12, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Directv created another Mun2 channel at like 201 or 203 that for a week has had just this game listed. The other Mun2 is near the other Spanish stations and has had normal programming listed.

Posted by: rockotodd | August 12, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

If you use the search feature on your guide, go to sports, then soccer, then to kickoff time, it'll be pretty easy to see where it is in your area

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Goff: not sure whether you've seen the print edition, or care, but your article came under the heading/banner: "College Football" (ug!). I almost missed it because I just just looking at the sports banner. It wasn't until I saw Azteca in the headline that I realized the screw up.

At least that's how it was in the paper delivered to my door this morning.

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

whenever eurosnobs belittle concacaf's strength, I always remind them about the Faroe Islands, San Marino, Andorra, etc. yeah, they've got big boys too, but a third of the WC field in which to place them.

can't remember the last time I was so excited for 4:00 to come. I'll probably be at Summers.

Posted by: troy6 | August 12, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | August 12, 2009 10:11 AM
*****************

My understanding is that Quavas Kirk will NOT be eligible to play in goal today (bad joke/reference to this ref and the Cruz Azul-DC game last fall).

Too bad for Colin Clark, hopefully he won't suffer any longer term consequences once he comes back next season. Let's hope the fickle finger of random injuries doesn't point at DC United in the next few months.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 12, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Found mun2 on RCN ch 559 (at least in Montgomery County) this morning.

Posted by: taktip | August 12, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

It's raining here, and with this being preseason, rain and no game tape means no football, which means live viewing. Really hoping it keeps raining, or that my headache gets worse, or something, or anything, really.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

@nairbsod - It must be just your paper becuase my paper doesnt have that typo.

Posted by: spikeman | August 12, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Muchas gracias Chest y sadie. FIOS tends to use the same numbers for non-local channels wherever you are (unlike Comcast, at least when I had Comcast). So it's probably 275 in MoCo and lot of other places.

I'm not feeling well (cough cough). I think I'll leave work early. Anyone else catching this bio-electronic virus?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Mrs. Doc advises me that DirecTV is showing Mun2 for free, today only, in an effort to attract viewers.

We're DVRing the game, and I promised Mrs. Doc -- and the Little Docs -- that I would NOT learn the final score before we sat down tonight over cheese steaks and fries, along with a cold adult beverage for me.

So, as of 3:59 pm, I am shunning all of you until tomorrow morning.

Posted by: joedoc1 | August 12, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

By George, Yes We Can!

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 11:00 AM | Report abuse

@ I-270 I called in with football feaver today. Also sorry to say but I just razzed you a bit on the previous post.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | August 12, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

@spikeman - very well could be. I'm in the outer burbs, so my paper is printed sooner than what's in the city (as least, that's the way it seems since I don't get some late game scores in there while the city edition has them).

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

@nairbsod try re-booting your doorstep. Problem must be on your end....

Posted by: JkR- | August 12, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I too am wondering about live feed options. I'm trying to hook a buddy up with some links as he'll be stuck at work... I'm most familiar with Rojadirect.com, any other favorites out there?
Thanks

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

@9Nine9. :-) "only Russian."

I worked with a (former) East German for a number of years and learned about the Russian's post-war treatment of the East Germans. One of the thing I learned is that there's still a lot of bitterness and resentment.

Don;t mind being razzed, after all I certainly dish it out.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

DirecTv: Mun2 is channel 410. That channel is not on my channel guide but Mun2 is listed as channel 203 with the game scheduled to air at 4:00. Hopefully this works since I set my DVR to record it.

Posted by: kenemerc | August 12, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

@nairbsod - I live in the suburbs too, so i dont know what happened. Maybe its because i live closer to the city? I live in Montgomery County.

Posted by: spikeman | August 12, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Anyone volunteering to get slingbox (or slingphone or whatever) so that we all can watch? We promise not to re-set your DVR to the Real Housewives of Billings, MT.

I'd offer to do it, but I have to wait until my kids are old enough to tell me how to set it up.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I'm out in DCU's future home: Loudoun. :)

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Dadryan: atdhe.net should have plenty of links, and if he can't get those at work, or would rather just stay on the up and up, for a small fee he can do terra.com, with what should have a pretty high quality feed, not sure of the language options though.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Also, Sams Army just sent out an email directing people who will be forced to watch by computer to www.futbolestelar.tv, as opposed to going to terra.com, and then looking for it.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

According to posts on the US Soccer site, some Comcast users will find MUN2 on 607 today but it won't begin until game time. Other Comcast users will already find MUN2 at 178. I have my fingers crossed. Here's hoping for rain, lack of batteries and urine bags and red cards and a high probability of US goals.

Posted by: CrippledKeeper | August 12, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Also, it looks like it will be free, not a fee like I thought

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

thanks Jacob.

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Another reminder about the fact that Comcast Sportnet will actually be showing some Champions League next week and it even looks like it'll be broadcast in HD. Who needs FSC!
Heads up Kev29! Next Tuesday's EPL match will be followed by a Champion's League pregame show and then a match.

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Did someone say "free"?!

"If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see
But, if I stay here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change
Lord knows, I can't change..."

(Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Freebird," circa 1973)

I-270, Exit 1 still plays air guitar to this song while driving to work...

Posted by: joedoc1 | August 12, 2009 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Goff, like many others, has forgotten one of the BIG key points of the game. And that is the RED CARD. There is always one if not more. And how can that not be a key point then? I just hope it is against Mexico!!!!

Posted by: Becks_for_prez | August 12, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I-270, Exit 1 still plays air guitar to this song while driving to work...
Posted by: joedoc1
=============

even if it's not on the radio or CD.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

What you forgot to say, JacobFA, is that George Washington would have been red carded in Azteca for "rocking the boat."

Posted by: b18bolo | August 12, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

That's why I'm upset Rafa isn't playing. Who else would gift us a goal and then get a stupid red?

Posted by: ZidVicious | August 12, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

to increase exposure to mun2, GE / Universal should stream it online for free today. However, to get people not to want to watch mun2 ever again, they should get Marcelo Balboa to call the game.

whoops, they did. I think Marcelo Balboa is the worst commentator in the history of US soccer. I'd rather watch a combo of Dave O'Brien and Christian Miles, which is saying something. However, they could add Marcelo Balboa as a field reporter to that squad and have the worst telecast in history!

Posted by: diego_r | August 12, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Anyone in DC able to track down mun2 on RCN?

Posted by: Twizm19 | August 12, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 11:50 AM

And that Champions League match is Celtic-Arsenal! Not too shabby, live on ComcastSportsyNet.

I don't want to say "I told you so" about the basic cable thing... But I told you so! :-D

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Anyone in DC able to track down mun2 on RCN?

Posted by: Twizm19 | August 12, 2009 12:17 PM

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

ANYONE KNOW OF A DECENT BAR (Drink/Food Specials, Good atmosphere, etc) THAT WILL BE SHOWING THE GAME IN MONTGOMERY CO.?

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

The bar can be Mexicano!

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

@ redskinsux - Union Jack's in Bethesda will be showing the game. Not sure what specials they'll have.

Posted by: soccerman | August 12, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I-270, Exit 1 still plays air guitar to this song while driving to work...
Posted by: joedoc1
=============

even if it's not on the radio or CD.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

That won't win you any titles in Oulu, though.

-- a (former) competitive air guitarist

Posted by: SportzNut21 | August 12, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Goffino? Are you there? When can we expect starting lineups?

Posted by: soccerman | August 12, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

I want a tacos al pastor report.

Posted by: Reignking | August 12, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Word of warning about Union Jacks, they don't usually put the sound on for games. They do have some cheap happy hour specials - but it's the $1.50 Miller Lite variety.

I can't see any bar in Montgomery County having "atmosphere" - only places that will are the soccer bars in the city or Summers.

Other options in Montgomery - Flanagans Harp & Fiddle - Blackfinn - both in Bethesda.

I bet Gordon Biersch in Rockville Town Center could work it out, with sound. At least on Telemundo.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I've been to Gordon Biersch in Rockville. Nice TV's and usually a good crowd, but the prices are a bit over the top. Only a dollar off drafts and $5 appetizers which don't look too impressive, only during Happy Hour--which starts at 4 PM!!

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

come down to Lucky Bar on Connecticut. It's the greatest. Great atmosphere.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | August 12, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

LIneups will be released an hour before kickoff. Look for the US one on either their twitter feed, or Goff usually gets it up really quick

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I just looked up BlackFinn in Bethesda. Today, $1.50 burgers and $2-$3 domestic and import Pints after 4 PM. Specials look pretty good.

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Everytime the awesome auger commercial comes on with the opening of "Hi, I'm Billy Mays, back again!" I don't know whether to laugh or run from the zombie in my tv.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Aston Villa have signed goalkeeper Andy Marshall on a one-year deal. I wonder what will happen to Bran Guzan.

Posted by: spikeman | August 12, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Lalas on the Herd right now.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Or at least he's scheduled, apparently they're having problems with the line he's on

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Jacob, Lalas is on sportscenter now. maybe thats why hes not on yet

Posted by: spikeman | August 12, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Mun2 is channel 210 on Cox Cable NoVA.

Posted by: DrBeaker | August 12, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: spikeman | August 12, 2009 1:13 PM

Marshall is a bit long in the tooth to challenge for Guzan's 2nd team spot (I say that, even though the guy is my age - ouch). Guessing Villa signed him as experienced emergency cover, as they don't have 3rd keeper on the senior team. Marshall trialed at QPR, but was not offered a contract.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I plan to be at the Pour House in DC (which is actually listed as the "bar of the month" on ussoccer.com)

Posted by: DCUMD | August 12, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I have Comcast in Frederick,MD and they better not screw me on this game, or else I'm switching to dish!! Go US

Posted by: leetn | August 12, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

OK. Most important question of the day: your beer choice during the game?

Dominion Ale is mine.

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

saw an ad on rcn (dc). mun2 is on 231 i think (somewhere in the 230s) but it wasnt on the schedule as of last night.

Posted by: PindarPushkin | August 12, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I think I might be going Guinness today - for both luck and strength.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

OK. Most important question of the day: your beer choice during the game?

Dominion Ale is mine.

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 1:28

I think I'll go with Wild Devil, a funky, Brettanomyces version of Victory's Hop Devil. It may smell like Azteca stadium;-)

Posted by: DrBeaker | August 12, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Corona.

Just kidding--not sure yet.

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, unless something else looks better, Blackfinns in Bethesda is what we're going to.

Posted by: redskinsux | August 12, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Is it me or do the Mexinats change their jersey sponsor every 6 months?

Posted by: EssEff | August 12, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Beckham in the starting 11 for England's friendly v Holland

Robert Green; Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole; David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, Ashley Young; Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

2 hours! (Well, 3:15 for me!)

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 12, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

mun2 is channel 178 on Comcast in MoCo (at least in Bethesda), and the match is on their schedule.

Posted by: b18bolo | August 12, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Beckham in the starting 11 for England's friendly v Holland

============================

So I guess Capello did not agree with that youtube assboob in Kansas City who was taunting Beckham about no longer belonging in the Three Lions shirt.

Here's hoping Donovan and Beckham both come up HUGE today.

Posted by: OWNTF | August 12, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF | August 12, 2009 2:23 PM

Well, he kind of does...

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Guinness all the way. And I just had a last-minute "meeting" cone up that will require me to leave the office at 3:30. How convenient!

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | August 12, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

disagree Kev29. The KC assboob (and many other US assboobs) are saying Beckham should play solely in MLS and forego Europe, because his time is past. Capello is clearly saying his time is not past, but he can't stay in MLS past November and be as sharp as they want him to be.

Posted by: OWNTF | August 12, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Dales Pale Ale. Red, white and blue on the outside. Tasty on the inside.

Posted by: billq1 | August 12, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone in DC able to track down mun2 on RCN?

Posted by: Twizm19 | August 12, 2009 12:17 PM

Looks like Telemundo is the only option for those in the District with RCN. Someone correct me if they are offering it and it's not reflected on their latest channel line-up."

No, that's not correct. The game is available in English on channel 231 on RCN in DC (ch 25 in spanish) . In fact, they are the only cable outlet that I'm aware of that actually purchased mun2 as a permanent addition to their basic cable lineup. Maybe they got duped by the cable network salespeople, as every other cable company got the game feed for free...

Posted by: danog224 | August 12, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

No, that's not correct. The game is available in English on channel 231 on RCN in DC (ch 25 in spanish).

Posted by: danog224 | August 12, 2009 2:53 PM

Nice - happy to me mistaken there. Enjoy the match all. Hoping for a Goff line-up exclusive before I race out of here...

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

American beer only. If we lose, I will hold all of you drinking furrin beer responsible.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Hey, guys, I just thought of something.

We all know Steve Sampson was the only US coach to ever get a result out of Azteca. Does that mean that, if Bob Bradley watches his team finally conquer the beast, that he is Sampson's even more evil twin?

That said, I still want this one. Bad.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | August 12, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I've got Pabst Blue Ribbon on my mind
more and more lately I find
I've got a taste for living
I'm drinking cold blue ribbon
I've got Pabst Blue Ribbon on my mind

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Yuengling!

Posted by: CrippledKeeper | August 12, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Today's play list:

Brooks and Dunn

NightRanger

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

"OK. Most important question of the day: your beer choice during the game?

Dominion Ale is mine.

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 1:28

Posted by: DrBeaker | August 12, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse "

for me--old reliable, bud light. you can drink 'em all day and night and not have a hangover at work the next day. it's a great thing.

Posted by: danog224 | August 12, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

chandon from cali and oj from florida - represent!

Posted by: diego_r | August 12, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

1-Howard; 6-Cherundolo, 5-Onyewu, 15-DeMerit, 3-Bocanegra (capt.); 8-Dempsey , 13-Clark, 12-Bradley, 10-Donovan; 9-Davies, 11-Ching

Posted by: the_slammer | August 12, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

@billq1. YES!!! Dale's Pale Ale rocks!

Posted by: nairbsod | August 12, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Team from US Soccer Match Tracker...

Howard
Boca
Gooch
Demerit
Cherundolo
Bradley
Clark
Donovan
Dempsey
Ching
Davies

Posted by: Kev29 | August 12, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: diego_r | August 12, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Like the lineup. I still wish we had solid replacements for Ching and Clark, but deal with the hand you've been dealt, I guess.

Looking forward to watching the game on DVR later tonight, cold Fat Tire or Rogue Dead Guy Ale in hand (it is a special occasion, after all)

Posted by: me_ahogo | August 12, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Spector for 'Dolo!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Posted by: arswift24 | August 12, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan: That's some good stuff.....

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters,
From the land of pines lofty balsams
Comes the beer refereshing
Hamm's the beer refreshing
Haaaaammmmmmms

or maybe

Shaefer is the
One beer to have when you're having
more than one
Shaefer's pleasure doesn't fade
Even when your thirst is done....

Posted by: david93 | August 12, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I prefer Spector instead.

But Ching? C'mom. What a joke.

Where's Altidore?

Posted by: Cerealman | August 12, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Mexican fans in the stadium aren't going to spare any venom:

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 12, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

DadRyan, you are showing your age.

So here goes...

Here's to good friends
Tonight is kinda special
The beer will flow
Must be something more
Tonight
Tonight
Let it be Lowenbrau

...now if I could only find some in the store.

Posted by: spata1 | August 12, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Mediotiempo has the following lineup for Mexico:

Memo Ochoa; Efrain Jaurez, Jonny Magallon, Ricardo Osorio, Carlos Salcido; Israel Castro, Gerardo Torrado (both d-mids), Giovanni dos Santos (right mid), Andres Guardado (left mid); Cuauhtemoc Blanco (withdrawn forward), Guille Franco (center forward).

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 12, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

spata -- good tune pub flow doesn't rhyme w/ more. beer pours.

Posted by: david93 | August 12, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Total Wine had the Sam Adams Longshot series on sale, 6 pack for $4. So whatever is in that.

Posted by: Reignking | August 12, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Samuel Adams. The image of his signature on the Declaration of Independence is on the label.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 12, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Well to be honest, I'm really only familiar with that PBR song because of a particular Kansas City punk rock and roll band that did a cover of it in the late 90's....

Posted by: DadRyan | August 12, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Blanco and Guille Franco up top... am I right not to be too worried about that? Guille doesn't have a club, and hasn't started regularly for as long as I can remember. And Chuah is just there tp piss off Clark.

How soon should we expect to see Vela?

Posted by: me_ahogo | August 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm not reading I'm not reading I'm not reading I'm not reading I'm not rea

Posted by: joedoc1 | August 12, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Olde Frothingslosh! The pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | August 12, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse