Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
(All times are Eastern)

D.C. United-Real Madrid 3 p.m. FSC, Telefutura
Brazil, Flamengo-Corinthians 3 p.m. GolTV
France, Bordeaux-Lens 3 p.m. Setanta
WPS, Boston-Los Angeles 6 p.m. FSC

By Steve Goff  |  August 6, 2009; 7:35 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Real Madrid's Travel Roster
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

Hopefully Comcast will have fixed my digital cable by Saturday morning so I can watch Liverpool-Atletico Madrid.

Posted by: Juan-John | August 6, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Am I missing something? The FSC printable TV listing doesn't show the French league.

Posted by: nairbsod | August 6, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

CCC on Setanta, 5pm Sat (tape delay). That will be the long-awaited rematch of WBA-NUFC.

(CCC is the Coca Cola Championship, home of the World's Richest Soccer Game)

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | August 6, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

How come the San Francisco game isn't on?

I checked all the major networks.

ESPN hates Jabloteh!!!

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 6, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

DC-Real is also on FSC (not likely I listen to Bretos and his 9043842 of "Benzema" anyway).

I'm shamelessly bringing this over from the kickaround:

bonghits4gomez, the season ticket holders are being sent t-shirts. Hopefully the STHrs will accept it for what it is. If you don't like the shirt, give it to your friend that you've convinced to come out for the biggest game of the year. I know lots of STHrs have their own jerseys and probably don't want the shirt, but it's a fair consolation if you ask me. Maybe the shirts will have the date printed on them, with that logo trophy logo or something on the back....
Maybe they'll say we win trophies on the back?
who knows...

Posted by: DadRyan | August 6, 2009 1:24 PM

----------------------------------------

Or, you know, a 20 year old kid who would kill to be there but can't cause he lives in Atlanta-ish

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 6, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

West Brom-Newcastle will be live on ESPN360 at 12:30pm. If, like me, you can't wait for your Championship football.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 6, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BananaMan | August 6, 2009 9:21 PM | Report abuse

JjATLish, you know that if I was a season ticket holder and scored one of these mystery shirts I'd send it right your way. Maybe someone else who's doesn't want one will reach out to you...

I also think it's a shame that the Freedom match won't be on... I'd love to go as well, but I've got a can't miss birthday party to attend.

Posted by: DadRyan | August 6, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

I know you've got my back Dadryan.

I had to get my brother a Sounders t-shirt for his birthday today. It kinda saddened me, but the smack talk was on today, ever since I sent him the link to the wewintrophies.com site, which is easily one of the 9 greatest domain names ever.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 6, 2009 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Anybody catch that the first EPL game for ESPN will be Hull/Chelsea? Go Jozy, GO!!!!

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | August 6, 2009 9:56 PM | Report abuse

I will be watching: Wolf v Schalk, Toro v Madrid, Borus v Colog, Hoff v Bayer, Barca v Chivas, MANU v CHELSEA, Boc v Gladbk, Frei v Ham, DC v Madrid. Yes, I am not kidding.

Posted by: DCUnitedFootball | August 6, 2009 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Goff, what is this?! You completely neglected the North Queensland Fury (featuring Robbie Fowler) - Sydney FC (the glamour club that I really wish was better...) game from the A-League. Are you punishing me? We're still friends, right? Please Goff, for the sake of all that is good in the world, give the A-League some love!

I mean, we got Fred from the Melbourne Victory after all and he's United's savior!

Posted by: TassieTiger | August 6, 2009 11:42 PM | Report abuse

After all that I didn't even say it was on FSC at 3:30 am Saturday

Posted by: TassieTiger | August 6, 2009 11:43 PM | Report abuse

Here's some news.

San Francisco of Panama apparently lost 3-0 tonight in Trinidad to San Juan Jabloteh and were knocked out of the CCL on a 3-2 aggregate.

So the team from Trinidad will join DC United, Toluca and Marathon in the Group stage of the Concacaf Champions League.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 6, 2009 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Also, GolTV is telling me completely different things about the Bundesliga games on Saturday....there's a bunch of FĂștbol AlĂ©man and Budesliga Festejos stuff, but nothing that seems game length, let alone enough for 2 games.

Posted by: TassieTiger | August 6, 2009 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Off topic, but it looks like Cunningham is hitting one of his patented hot streaks. FCD's next game is against Columbus, followed by the USL3 team from NJ (The Coca-Colas?) and then us. Hopefully FCD can take some points off of the Crew and not gain too much confidence from playing the Red Bulls or we may have Super Cunningham running through our slow back line.

Posted by: TassieTiger | August 7, 2009 12:07 AM | Report abuse

OT -- Tomorrow is the group draw for the U17 Cup.

Posted by: fischy | August 7, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

On topic of the off topic, I heard something about Atlanta-ish product Jack MacInerny going Dutch. Anyone know more?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | August 7, 2009 12:25 AM | Report abuse

I might try to catch the Community Shield game, before heading out to FedEx. And, maybe I'll get to watch some of the MLS (in)action on FSC Saturday.

Posted by: fischy | August 7, 2009 12:37 AM | Report abuse

I'll mostly be watching my daughter in a U-18 tournament this weekend. The only thing I'll have time for on the tube is Saturday's MLS action.

Posted by: croftonpost | August 7, 2009 12:58 AM | Report abuse

its actually wolfsburg-stuttgart for the bundesliga opener on friday

Posted by: rademaar | August 7, 2009 4:00 AM | Report abuse

With San Juan's victory over San Francisco last night, the group stage of the CCL gets as many Caribbean entrants as MLS entrants.

The top three teams from the CFU Club competition qualify for the CCL. However, they are placed in the preliminary round. San Juan Jabloteh's advancement comes after Puerto Rico's advancement over Toronto FC and W Connection's advancement over NYRB giving the Caribbean a clean sweep in the preliminary round. San Juan and Connection are both from the T&T Professional League.

MLS went 1-2 in the preliminary round while the Caribbean clubs went 3-0. All three Caribbean clubs are currently in season just like MLS. This is a blow to the reputation of MLS no matter how one looks at it. I'm sure someone will try to spin this but it will fall on mostly deaf ears. MLS must start doing better in these international competitions, period.

Posted by: croftonpost | August 7, 2009 5:20 AM | Report abuse

Cunningham had good moments, great moments and horrible moments last night. His goal was a great moment. His weak PK was a bad moment.

Posted by: sitruc | August 7, 2009 6:11 AM | Report abuse

@croftonpost - That's an interesting way to put it. I had never thought of the Puerto Rico Islanders as a Caribbean club before since they play in a US league, but geographically you've got a point.

I'm glad to see the T&T team advance into our group, because I believe DCU has done pretty well against Caribbean teams historically, and not so well against Central American teams. Our 6-1 aggregate victory over Harbour View of Jamaica last year comes most immediately to mind. Devon McTavish even had 3 goals in that series.

Posted by: DCUMD | August 7, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kev29 | August 6, 2009 9:06 PM

It's also on Setanta Extra (DirecTV 622) live at noon. Not FSC like the article indicates.

Thx,