Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

USL1, Montreal-Austin 4 p.m. FSC
England, Burnley-Everton 6 p.m. FSC
MONDAY
England, Liverpool-Aston Villa 3 p.m. ESPN2

By Steve Goff  |  August 21, 2009; 12:55 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Americans Abroad
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

If I had all of those channels, I could watch 13 games back-to-back this weekend... Unfortunately, I don't, and will probably miss all of them due to moving into my apartment.

Posted by: carmines757 | August 21, 2009 1:54 AM | Report abuse

That's a lot of soccer. If there was a challenged I would have accepted it.

Posted by: sitruc | August 21, 2009 2:33 AM | Report abuse

ESPN picking up EPL games is gonna ruin a lotta saturdays. Not much yard work getting done these days.

Posted by: srfinger | August 21, 2009 7:44 AM | Report abuse

EPL schedule is now part of the DVR guide. Whoohoo!

Posted by: peridigm | August 21, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Still haven't seen ESPN's lineup for La Liga--anyone have a link/info?

Posted by: Logan_Circle | August 21, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Goltv also has on today:

Friday 21

2:30 pm - Live
Bundesliga - Hoffenheim vs Schalke 04

Posted by: eddiepanic | August 21, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

I'm not watching anything it's too confusing, too many choices.

Posted by: OWNTF | August 21, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Other than the DC/Gals match (which I will be at), only the WPS Final in that list looks remotely interesting, and I 'll be deep into tailgating in Lot 8 when that comes on. Guess I'll record those and the much more exciting race at Bristol Saturday night and watch all 3 on Sunday :-)

Traffic should be fun Saturday with all 3 teams playing so close to each other at the same time, luckily the United game should be done first so we can start the traffic backups :-)

Posted by: dcufan | August 21, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Real Espana beat W Connection last night meaning that 7 out of 8 teams won their home games in the 1st round of the CCL group stage:

Based on one round of results, none of the teams in the competition (except maybe Pachuca!) look like walkovers so DC United shouldn't expect any EASY games, even against San Juan Jabberwocky.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | August 21, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Reports back at the time of the announcement suggested that ESPN2 would have fewer than two dozen matches for the whole season. Grrrr. To get the real deal, you apparently need ESPN Desportes -- they will have 2-3 matches PER WEEKEND.

Posted by: fentysupporter | August 21, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

One more...

Monday
02:40 pm
LIVE Carling Cup - Norwich vs Sunderland
Setanta

Posted by: Kev29 | August 21, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

That's La Liga matches I was talking about on ESPN2.

Posted by: fentysupporter | August 21, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

La Liga doesn't start until next weekend.

Doing some research...stunned to find that DMB is still at Rangers, and even played for them as a sub at the beginning of the month. I can't imagine that he is going to stay there, but there has been little news on him, other than some mid-table Spanish sides (and those rumors are stale).

Posted by: Reignking | August 21, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Good god - I need more TiVos and More TIME!

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | August 21, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Hull v Michael Bolton at 5 on FSC -- got to see if Jozy plays.

Other than that, if I'm around the house and nothing is on (high probability) then I'll obviously be able to find something.

Posted by: Reignking | August 21, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Wait, though -- 5 PM EST for Hull has to be tape-delayed. Blah.

Posted by: Reignking | August 21, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Wait, though -- 5 PM EST for Hull has to be tape-delayed. Blah.

Posted by: Reignking | August 21, 2009 10:11 AM

Yeah, even with Jozy, it didn't make the cut for the three 10am live matches covered by FSC, Setanta and Setanta Xtra/Broadband. After all, it is Hull-Bolton.

Posted by: Kev29 | August 21, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Things sure have changed since I caught futbol feaver. I remember going to movie theatres to watch the 1982 World Cup (Some games shown on PBS but too fuzzy and on tape delay.) I remember paying a $10 cover to watch a Copa Amarica game, then paying another $10 to watch the 2nd game of a double header.

I'm dating myself but I also remember having season tickets to the Washington Diplomats.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | August 21, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

ESPN ran an ad last night more than once about EPL games on Saturdays and La Liga games on Sundays.

Posted by: Juan-John | August 21, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

None of that for me. I plan to watch the wall-to-wall coverage of NFL training camps on the NFL network.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 21, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Too busy with youth soccer tomorrow to do anything other than watch the DCU game which I will be attending. I plan on watching Bundesliga, MLS, and finally EPL on Sunday.

Posted by: croftonpost | August 21, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

The Freedom Fighters (the Washington Freedom supporters) will be gathering at Kitty O'Shea's one last time this season to watch the WPS championship match.

Posted by: kevinwparker | August 21, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Or maybe I'll watch Gooch, if he plays...

Posted by: Reignking | August 21, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcufan | August 21, 2009 9:21 AM
________________________________________________

For anyone who doesn't get FSN, CSN will be stepping into the breach with a delayed broadcast of the WPS final on Sunday.

Posted by: universityandpark | August 21, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 21, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Scintillating ain't it. I am a Redskin season ticket holder and I can't even bring myself to watch an entire preseason game. Somebody must be watching it 270. Each geek to his own.

Posted by: croftonpost | August 21, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I was being facetious. But if I were to watch, it would just be for the fights.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | August 21, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if "Special 1 TV" is producing new episodes this year to coincide with each week's EPL schedule? I wasn't sure how Setanta Sport's fortunes with EPL broadcast rights effect the production schedule of "Special 1 TV," which used to be "I'm on Setanta Sports."

Posted by: billindmd | August 22, 2009 4:17 AM | Report abuse

croftonpost -
I'll see you at the Crofton Shootout - assuming they let us play any games. Already they have cancelled the games prior to noon.....man I used to love playing in the rain. what happened to people?

Posted by: marksman37 | August 22, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse