MLS Home Openers in 2010

Every home opener except Toronto's has been finalized for next season. The complete schedule will be released in February.

D.C. United will open at Kansas City on March 27 -- the second time in three years the club is off to see the Wizards in the first league match -- before hosting New England on April 3 and then serving as the visitor in expansion Philadelphia's home debut a week later at Lincoln Financial Field.

MARCH 25
Philadelphia at Seattle, 9:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2)
MARCH 27
Toronto at Columbus, 4
Chicago at New York, 7 (ESPN2)
D.C. United at Kansas City, 8:30
Houston at Dallas, 8:30
Real Salt Lake at San Jose, 9
New England at Los Angeles, 11 (Fox Soccer Channel)
MARCH 28
Colorado at Chivas USA, tba (Telefutura)
APRIL 3
Chicago at Colorado, tba
New England at D.C., 7:30
Kansas City at Houston, 8:30
APRIL 10
D.C. at Philadelphia, 3 (FSC)
Toronto at New England, 7:30
San Jose at Chicago, 8:30
Seattle at Real Salt Lake, 9

By Steve Goff  |  September 24, 2009; 12:33 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday Kickaround
Next: Weekend TV Listings

Comments

We close with the Wizards and start with them...

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | September 24, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I like this opening schedule. The league will be well represented with Seattle and the new Red Bulls stadium. Here is hoping that it is sold out.

Plus I am glad the DC game at Philly has been moved to a Saturday. I hope we can get a large traveling support.

Posted by: grubbsbl | September 24, 2009 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I'll be there.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 24, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Is it too early for me to look forward to sitting on my couch and watching the opening weekend of the next season?

Posted by: sitruc | September 24, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

It's only 2 hours and 41 minutes from Vienna, according to Google. Sounds like a road trip to me!

Posted by: DrBeaker | September 24, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

How is any team supposed to make money from ticket sales when their schedules are released six weeks before the season starts? Not even season tickets - 5 and 10 game plans - see our home opener and four possible other teams - Maybe you will see Kasey Keller and Seattle... maybe not!. What a sales pitch!

Most of the teams are the main tenants in their buildings now. MLB has their schedules out for next year already. Even the NFL has about four months lead time for theirs. This can't be that hard...

Posted by: IamAM | September 24, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Fire whoever the next coach is!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 24, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Lions and tigers and bears! OH MY!

Posted by: The_Dude_Abides1 | September 24, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

I find the schedule kind of easy.

Home Game - drive to RFK

Away Game - watch on Telly

Not that much planning involved....

;)

Posted by: JkR- | September 24, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

The NFL and MLB don't have to schedule around the Open Cup, CCL, Superliga, and World Cup.

Posted by: alecw81 | September 24, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Having United as their home opener at the Linc is a HORRIBLE idea.

The security at the Linc took their pointers from the thugs at the Meadowlands...

They need to give that date to someone like San Jose or KC who won't actually have any traveling fans (ever), and save United for the opening of the new stadium. Guaranteeing a sell-out and possibly the best atmosphere at any stadium opening in MLS (till we actually open our own place, regardless of opponent)

Posted by: alecw81 | September 24, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Steve, you know there is a game in a few hours right?

Is tonight's game part of the season ticket package? I see parking is NOT included.

Posted by: AtlantaMLS | September 24, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Season ticket holders all get free tickets to tonight's game and to the game against San Juan Jabloteh, but parking is not included. I'm not sure how they pick up their tickets, though.

I said it before, but now that it's official I'll repeat - I'm at least slightly annoyed that if I decide I want to check out the new stadium in Chester, I will have to go to a non-DC United game later in the season. I was looking forward to christening both Chester and Harrison next year as the new RFK Central and RFK North. Alas!

Posted by: VercengetorixII | September 24, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I see parking is NOT included.

Posted by: AtlantaMLS | September 24, 2009 4:17 PM |

What about those of us with unused parking passes?

On other matters -- I'll make the trip to the Linc, and probably later in the year to Chester. Maybe, we'll play them in the Open Cup... I hope to score tix for the Harrison opener, too -- as someone who watched his brother play at Randalls Island in Cosmopolitan League and who grew up going to Giants Stadium to see the Cosmos, I'll be thrilled to see the new home for soccer in the NY metro area.

Posted by: fischy | September 24, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

184 days until United's first 2010 MLS league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | September 24, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: VercengetorixII
-------------------------------------------

The tickets are printed off by logging onto your e-account with United.

That said, wish I were going but the flue has me down. TV it is.

Posted by: Curious99 | September 24, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse