Wednesday Kickaround

*Cuauhtemoc Blanco says he wants to return to Chicago next season, the Fire adds a Costa Rican defender, and, as first reported on the Insider's Twitter feed yesterday, Dallas has re-signed reserve defender Steve Purdy.

*Americans Abroad:
Yesterday
D Oguchi Onyewu not in 18 for AC Milan's 2-1 win at Marseille
D Jay DeMerit (injured) not in 18 for Watford's 1-0 win at Plymouth
D Frank Simek in 18, didn't play in Sheffield Wednesday's 3-1 loss to Middlesbrough
Today
MF DaMarcus Beasley and Rangers at Stuttgart
MF Jose Francisco Torres and Pachuca vs. Houston

*Maryland (3-1) enjoys its largest victory margin in five years with a 7-0 rout of Duquesne, while Virginia (3-1) struggles to put away Mount St. Mary's, 1-0. On Friday, the Cavs go to Wake Forest. On Saturday, the Terps at North Carolina State.

For today's massive TV schedule, jump to the continuation of this thread. But first.....

*Quality video from Puerto Rico's 3-3 tie with Cruz Azul:

*Soccer on TV:
Euro Champions League, Liverpool-Debreceni 2:30 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel
Euro Champions League, Inter Milan-Barcelona 2:30 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol
Euro Champions League, Standard Liege-Arsenal 2:30 p.m. Setanta
Euro Champions League, Standard Liege-Arsenal 5 p.m. (taped) FSC
Euro Champions League Liverpool-Debreceni 5 p.m. (taped) Setanta
Euro Champions League, Inter Milan-Barcelona 6:45 p.m. (taped) Setanta
Euro Champions League, Inter Milan-Barcelona 7 p.m. (taped) FSC
CONCACAF Champions League, W Connection-Pumas 8 p.m. Telefutura
Copa Sudamericana, Velez Sarsfield-Boca Juniors 8 p.m. FSE
Mexican friendly, Chivas-America 9:30 p.m. Galavision
CONCACAF Champions League, Pachuca-Houston 10 p.m. FSC, Telefutura

By Steve Goff  |  September 16, 2009; 8:54 AM ET
Categories:  Americans Abroad , CONCACAF Champions League , College Soccer , MLS , TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: United Wins in Trinidad
Next: MLS Will Take World Cup Break

Comments

Debreceni? Are you kidding me? Stupid EPL bias floats over to FSC.

I couldn't find a box score -- any chance Marcus Tracy played Monday?

Posted by: Reignking | September 16, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else sort of wish Gooch had resigned with Liege?

Posted by: hoyanick1 | September 16, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

FSC will also show the Crew-Saprissa match at 2 a.m. on delay.

Posted by: beach3 | September 16, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

AGAIN, GOFF. Comcastsportsnet DC (and most other regional fsn/csns in the states) will be playing a rerun of the Man Utd - Tottenham game at noon today AND a rerun of the AC Milan-Marseilles game at 7pm.

Posted by: crocken | September 16, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Last night was kind of complicated. I was thrilled with DC managing to get the three points. That was very encouraging after going to RFK to suffer by seeing the Black and Red being beat by Seattle twice in 11 days...

All I'm going to say about the Islanders-Cruz Azul game is that I'm very, very disappointed. PRI had another wonderful opportunity to get 3 points at home and get back into the Champions League mix. I have no idea how we are going to make those points up.

Last night, a tie felt like a big loss. Sure we are a second division club facing a juggernaut with way more resources than we will ever have but you have to get the result.

It just brought back the trauma from the DF led of the CCL semis last spring.

It was one of those results that jacked up my sleep last night. I stung.

Posted by: yankiboy | September 16, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

@crocken: I really don't think that it's necessary to include re-runs in the TV listings. FSC has re-runs all the time and, speaking for myself, I prefer that Steve not waste his time and mine by listing those. Tape delays are OK, because it's the first opportunity to see a match, especially for those who don't get FSE or Setanta. But re-runs?

(If you were being facetious, then never mind)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: crocken | September 16, 2009 9:35 AM

Who cares? Those matches aren't being played today - live in the now. And there's only one 's' in Olympique de Marseille.

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Debreceni? Are you kidding me? Stupid EPL bias floats over to FSC.

Posted by: Reignking | September 16, 2009 9:09 AM

They want you to subscribe to FSE

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Seems like Oneywu made a bad choice of clubs. I know Ajax were after him and he probably would have a starting position with the club rather than languishing as fourth choice in the central defense at Milan. Of course Nesta has not played a full season in quite some time so maybe there is a ray of hope.

Posted by: agoldhammer | September 16, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Crocken:

I only include same-day coverage in my TV listings. Sometimes I miss one or two. Yes, I should have included yesterday's Comcast live coverage in the initial Tuesday listing. My bad. Thanks for pointing it out. I added it to the list later in the morning. But for next-day broadcasts, you are on your own.

Steve

Posted by: Steve Goff | September 16, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Anyone else sort of wish Gooch had resigned with Liege?

Posted by: hoyanick1
-------------------------
I do, but when I said so back at the time of transfer I was told by people who say they are much smarter than me that I didn't understand international football. I apparently haven't gotten any smarter because I still think it would be good to see Gooch starting against Arsenal.

Posted by: troy6 | September 16, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Reruns of sports? Talk about zzz.

Posted by: Reignking | September 16, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

* Yesterday on TV were a player named "Elton John" (thanks mom) and one named "Hulk."

* Freedom will miss Lori Lindsey.

* Now I understand better why Soehn is not playing Szetela.

* Shipilame.

Posted by: OWNTF | September 16, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

WOW. CONCACAF Champions League is so exciting. It totally ranks right up there with the Euro Champions League. I'm so happy that CONCACAF created this league. I mean, the crowd last night was so energetic and into the game. And, man, I cannot wait for that W Connection match tonight. Top flight stuff, or something like that.

...I'll take SuperLiga over this CONCACAF monstrosity. And that's not saying much.

Posted by: nairbsod | September 16, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I knew it was a mistake to let Addlery go.

Posted by: UVAtoRFK | September 16, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I was at the MD game last night and left at halftime to come watch DC on tv. I think there were more fans at the MD game than at T&T. That stadium was empty and th energy from both teams were lacking. At least MD put on a clinic against an inferior opponent when the best DC could muster was a 1-0 win due to a penalty. I love United and all but some of these games are just to torturous to watch.

Posted by: terptilldeath | September 16, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

FSN hates soccer.

This coverage is piss poor compared to what ESPN was doing in previous years.
It's not a rerun of the Milan game it's a very delayed broadcast for those of us who don't have FSC. I for one appreciate someone else pointing it out, even though I already know.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

you kid nairbsod, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to Houston/Pachuca tonight. Two of the best teams in the region going at it. National team players in the mix. What's not to like?

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I, too, look forward to Pachuca/Dynamo.

A great moment just now on sportscenter: During the top ten, they showed Anelka's goal from yesterday. Soccer man Josh Eliot was doing the call, and said "How many times have you seen him do that?" and his partner, I believe Hannah Storm, says "All the time. You know, they've got a big game against the Spurs this weekend" and you hear Josh Eliot almost interrupt her to say "Yeah, it's just 'Spurs'". I don't know, maybe you had to be there, but it was funny.

Also, disappointed I can't Inter-Barca on tv, I won't be here, but I would like to dvr it.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | September 16, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Most important match for me is Marathon-Toluca tomorrow. A Toluca win and United actually has a decent chance at taking second place in the group.

Posted by: DCUMD | September 16, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

You could almost tell Gooch lacked a bit of quickness in the friendlies he played in over the summer in the US. Hopefully he can pick it up and make an impression to get some minutes.

Posted by: inzzo79 | September 16, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

those of us who don't have FSC...

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 10:53 AM

"those of us" = you and one or two other passionate sports fan in America ;-)

Seriously, I think we soccer nerds are going to complain about coverage no matter how extensive networks cover the game. I have FSC, FSE, GolTV and Setanta and could choose from about 15 European competition games in the middle of this week. If I had DirecTV, that choice would be nearly tripled.

I only complain about the fact that I have to work for a living, not the amount of soccer I could watch!

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I must have missed something along the way. How did Fox get the rights to the UEFA CL? ESPN was doing a pretty good job. And, they had channels that I didn't have to pay extra for.

What gives?

Posted by: bigbadbri | September 16, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I could be fooled by his accent, but in the replay on FSC, I think the announcer just said Zurich's keeper is named Tony Meoli. I think I misheard, but still.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | September 16, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

No soccer for me tonight -- I have back-to-back-to-back episodes of Glenn Beck to watch. Got those nuts at ACORN to crack!

(For some reason I'm feeling prickly today...)

:-)

Posted by: joedoc1 | September 16, 2009 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

It is kind of a paradox... I only stay home because my skill set wouldn't earn me much more than the cost of paying someone else to raise my kid. A cable box/dvr upgrade isn't in the budget. I watched a lot of Champs League the last two years and all of the Euro's. It's just a shame that ESPN let it go so FSC could muck it up.

On the bright side, I'm sure I'll be loving the World Cup next year...

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF
----------------------------
Hulk? You wouldn't like him when he's angry. And according to Porto staff, he's pretty much always angry since impertinent teammates sometimes pass the ball to someone besides the Hulk.

Posted by: troy6 | September 16, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

somewhat off-topic...but how fantastic of a deal is this to go see USMNT play Honduras?
Trip details

Total: $997.36
Avg/person: $498.68
Included:
Items selected, taxes, & service fees.

Flight: 2 roundtrip tickets

Thu 8-Oct-09

Washington (IAD)
Depart 11:23 am to San Salvador (SAL)
Arrive 1:53 pm 1,887 mi
(3,037 km)
Duration: 4hr 30mn
TA
Flight: 581
Operated by: TACA INTL

3Economy/Coach Class, Lunch, Airbus A321

San Salvador (SAL)
Depart 7:20 pm to San Pedro Sula (SAP)
Arrive 8:10 pm 145 mi
(233 km)
Duration: 0hr 50mn
TA
Flight: 574
Operated by: TACA INTL

3Economy/Coach Class, Snack, Airbus A319

Total distance: 2,032 mi (3,270 km)
Total duration: 5hr 20mn (10hr 47mn with connections)

Mon 12-Oct-09

San Pedro Sula (SAP)
Depart 5:20 pm to San Salvador (SAL)
Arrive 6:10 pm 145 mi
(233 km)
Duration: 0hr 50mn
TA
Flight: 221
Operated by: TACA INTL

3Economy/Coach Class, Snack, Airbus A320

San Salvador (SAL)
Depart 7:28 pm to Washington (IAD)
Arrive 1:47 am +1 day 1,887 mi
(3,037 km)
Duration: 4hr 19mn
TA
Flight: 590
Operated by: TACA INTL

3Economy/Coach Class, Dinner, Airbus A320

Total distance: 2,032 mi (3,270 km)
Total duration: 5hr 9mn (6hr 27mn with connections)

Hotel: 1 room for 4 nights

InterContinental Real San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Located in San Pedro Sula, this property is situated in the city center. Traveler Opinion
4.8 out of 5
3+ reviews

More lodging info

Check-in: Thu 8-Oct-09 Check-out: Mon 12-Oct-09

Room options Price
Standard Room Included
King Bed Deluxe-Advance Purchase Non Refundable + $5.84 per night
Deluxe room + $25.87 per night
King Bed Business Room-Advance Purchase Non Refundable + $32.70 per night
Standard Room Includes: Breakfast Buffet
+ $39.66 per night

More rooms/units... Choose a different hotel for this package.

Packages price Price details

If booked separately: $1,110.36

Expedia discount for booking together:
-$113.00

Posted by: getanewnumber10 | September 16, 2009 11:57 AM | Report abuse

bigbadbri,

Fox made a better bid than ESPN for US Champions League Rights. Something about not having the final at 4 PM on a Tuesday...

Seriously, I believe Fox bid more money than ESPN.

Posted by: B_A_ | September 16, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

B_A_

Thanks. Can't really argue with that decision making process, but I wish it were otherwise.

Posted by: bigbadbri | September 16, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

@getanewnumber10: Why don't you post some useful information, like your credit card #?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

OT: Just got an e-mail from the USSF store. None of the links work and they exposed some internal e-mail addresses in the recipient field (none important). Should we blame Bob and Sunil for these mistakes too?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Heh heh. That was definitely the longest post here evah...

Useful information would be where I can find a tape delay or internet archive to watch the Honduras match when I get back to town on Sunday.....

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

So -- how is that Chicago can find and sign a (I'm assuming) good young Costa Rican international, while DCU brings a seeming no-talent like Habarugira (and what did he do in his trial that had Soehn raving about him)?

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I realize both are re-airs, but the fact they're on basic cable must mean something, no? am I the only person that has basic cable anymore?

Posted by: crocken | September 16, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: crocken
==================

No. It means the broadcaster has time to fill and can't sell any more ads to Pro-active, piano guy, or Smilin' Bob.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Those Smilin' Bob ads need to be Loretta Bobbit-ized. Ugh. I'd rather watch those "Brilliant" Guiness ads.

Posted by: joedoc1 | September 16, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Piano guy takes enzyte so that he can have pipe organ.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

But where's the FSC HD? Wasn't that part of their deal in getting the UEFA CL? I watch...but pixilated blobs chasing around just isn't quite as compelling as the HD games on ESPN/ESPN2.

Posted by: soccerman | September 16, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

man what possessed someone to name a sports team.."CHIVAS USA"..

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | September 16, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 12:22 PM

Calling him an "international" is a slight overstatement, conveniently restated by the Chicago media. He's a U17/U20 international.

I'm with you on Habarugira, but would repeat (again...) that Soehn is not a scout or a GM and doesn't deserve the blame for the atrocious track record of that department of the DCU FO.

God willing, DC will ship DH to Philly, where he'll endorse a line of cheesesteaks.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | September 16, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Piano guy takes enzyte so that he can have pipe organ.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

==================

It's Magic, Jack!

Posted by: OWNTF | September 16, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

So -- how is that Chicago can find and sign a (I'm assuming) good young Costa Rican international?
-------------------------
Gonzalo Segares?

@crocken, I'm a basic cable schlub too. That's why I wrote that I appreciated you mentioning the ULTRADelayed broadcast even though I already knew about it.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: soccerman | September 16, 2009 12:51 PM

ESPN's HD picture is great now for 8:30 Premier League matches, but remember, they didn't show Champions League matches in HD (till the final). Weekly CL match on FSN is available in HD.

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm satisfied with basic cable and a cable Internet modem, which gets me all the Telefutura games (all World Cup qualifiers plus Mexican league and others), plus anything -which is basically everything- one can find live or archived online. I probably use my $25/yr mlsnet.com video subscription most, which lets me see all MLS games live or archived. Then there's justin.tv plus loads of others. Of course the video quality isn't great, but I don't have an HD TV, so I haven't been spoiled.

Posted by: WorldCup | September 16, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love FSC. Last night during the San Juan v DCU game one of the announcers said "[Their] execution is killing them."
Isn't that what an execution is supposed to do?

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | September 16, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

The better question would be "What execution?"

Posted by: RedDevil1 | September 16, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

The discussion recalls the greatest comment by any coach ever. John McKay, the head coach of the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers (probably the worst team ever), was asked what he thought about the team's execution. McKay replied "I think it's a good idea."

If Soehn had a sense of humor....

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 2:34 PM | Report abuse

@fischy Why would you assume that the Costa Rican defender is good? Gonzalo Martinez sounded like he was going to be good last year too before we actually got to see him play.

Posted by: DCUMD | September 16, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I should add that sometimes the quote is reported as "I'm all for it!" Either way, extremely witty.

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

@DCUMD -- Costa Rica has a strong youth program. They usually do pretty well in the U17s. So, I figure anyone who plays on that squad is pretty good.

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Wow - I bet Gooch really wishes he was in the Liege team tonight now...

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Whoa!!

Liege completely taking Arsenal out of it already.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | September 16, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Did someone say "execution"?!

There's a redhead, brunette and blonde facing execution.

The redhead gets tied to the post. The captain says to his shooters, "Ready! Aim!..." and before he can finish, the redhead yells "Tornado!" While everyone seeks cover, she escapes.

Everyone returns, and the brunette is tied to the post. The captain yells "Ready! Aim!..." and the brunette yells "Earthquake!" While everyone runs, she escapes.

The blonde is then tied to the post. The captain yells "Ready! Aim!..." and learning from her friends, the blonde yells "Fire!"

Posted by: joedoc1 | September 16, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Calling Habarugira a "no talent hack" is a bit much. Especially considering he hasn't played with the first 11.

I don't think you can really make an accurate gauge of a player when he's playing alongside the rest of the reserves.

Szetela looked much better against Real Madrid, thanks largely in part to playing with the 1st 11.

Posted by: alecw81 | September 16, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

G. Martinez is/was Columbian not Costa Rican.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Maybe G. Martinez just has an identity crisis. He was supposed to be a defender but he always ended up in the midfield.

Posted by: OWNTF | September 16, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

G. Martinez is/was Columbian not Costa Rican.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 3:27 PM

G. Martinez is Colombian not Columbian

/pedant :-)

Posted by: Kev29 | September 16, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Re Gooch at Liege vs Milan:

Simply signing with Milan has increased Gooch's value and bargaining ability with other clubs. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him sold to Ajax or a club of similar stature in the Winter window.

Posted by: alecw81 | September 16, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

@alecw81 -- Of course it was a bit much. This is the internet....

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

what happened to Iniesta?

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

What strikes me about the PRI/Cruz video is the reinforcement of how much speed matters--and, sadly, how sorely lacking DCU is in that department.

Posted by: jnel | September 16, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Stupid Milan, your ruining my fantasy team, play onyewu.

Posted by: AshburnUnited | September 16, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

feedz have gone from bad to unwatchable. oh well. FSN sucks.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 16, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I miss Derek Rae and Tommy Smythe. Hate on Smythe all you want, at least he sounded more interested in the game instead of these commentators.

I don't understand why FSN won't use the SkySports feeds.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | September 16, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

UVAtoRFK:

Addlery didn't fit how we play. In a United shirt, he flitted between "adequate bench option" to "out of his depth". He fits Puerto Rico's direct style very well, and it shows. You wouldn't expect Riquelme to impact, say, Bolton in the same way that he'd impact Arsenal, right?

fischy:

Perhaps the Fire have better contacts? Honestly, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Other than Segares (and possibly Gonzalez in Seattle), Costa Rican defenders have been terrible in MLS (Umana, Chinchilla, Sequiera, Torres, etc). They might be good in the right set up (Umana is starting for the Ticos right now), but they don't work in MLS.

As for what Habarugira's trial looked like...it makes you wonder. Obviously he's got some speed, and he's better going forward than most of our outside backs, but he doesn't look that strong and his decision-making and 1v1 defending thus far have looked suspect. Of course, he's been in a back four every time we've seen him, and his trial was while we were fully committed to the 3412, so maybe that's part of the problem.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | September 16, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Habarugira is also only 21...

Posted by: alecw81 | September 16, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Arsenal SO got away with a handball on that second goal. I don't know if Gooch wishes he were with Liege, but I bet they wish they still had Gooch. With his size and physicality, that game ends 2-1 in favor of Liege.

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Same old Arsenal, Always Cheating

Posted by: RedDevil1 | September 16, 2009 8:00 PM | Report abuse

For all those wondering -- I have engaged in considerable hyperbole the last couple of days, but I was trying to make a few points about the shortcomings of certain players.

One point I didn't make that I wanted to -- for those bashing Szetela's play and/or praising McTavish, I want to call your attention to one play. Dev sent the ball into Szetela. Danny took a dribble and then sent a back heel in the middle to where he hoped or expected McTavish to be as the defense opened up to follow Szetela. Instead, McTavish had dropped back into a wide defensive position, covering what would have been the outlet man when and if Szetela gave up the ball.

Hard for me to say in my position whether that reflected a genuine difference in approach at that moment, or whether it showed an understanding and creativity that one player had but the other lacked...or whether it was simply a lack of communication/understanding coming from 2 players who have barely played together. But, if McT had been on the same page, you'd be raving at the play Szetela made to set him up. He missed a great chance in front, but I liked Szetela's ideas. The rest should come in time.

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy
=================

I'm wondering why you only admit to "the last couple of days."

:-)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2009 9:23 PM | Report abuse

so van der sar (stephen malkmus) was a bad play in champions league fantasy this "matchday"?

Posted by: wordup1 | September 17, 2009 12:28 AM | Report abuse

"Wow - I bet Gooch really wishes he was in the Liege team tonight now..."

Yeah, the enormous salary increase he got from Milan is really bumming him out. I'm sure.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | September 17, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse