Poll: MLS Playoff Chase

Columbus, Chivas USA, Los Angeles, Houston and Seattle are in. Kansas City, San Jose and New York are out. So heading into the final week of the MLS regular season, seven clubs are battling for three playoff berths. Check the overall standings and schedule ... and then vote for the three teams that you think will secure passage to postseason:

By Steve Goff  |  October 19, 2009; 1:37 PM ET
Categories:  MLS , Poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Monday Kickaround
Next: DCU, Americans, Tyler, Santana

Comments

First!

So, by the votes, looks like DC makes it.

Posted by: dogboy | October 19, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Cyclic Redundancy Bro... your Insider page posts links to your twitter page which posts links to your insider page...... are you getting paid by the page click or something??????????

Posted by: PineyO1 | October 19, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure I'll even be able to figure it all out next Monday, let alone today.

Posted by: Kev29 | October 19, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Disregarding the convoluted tie-breaker scenario, my gut is telling me Chicago, Dallas and TFC.

Posted by: PEddy | October 19, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I can't vote since I can't see the poll! Does anyone else have problems even viewing any of the polls done through twiigs.com?

Of course, I can guess at the options pretty easily, but I have no clue what to think about who is going to win. In MLS, on any given day, the outcome often appears close to random. While I hope United makes it, I wish I was more confident. This team continues to be one in which hopes for the future hinge on USL-1 players.

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | October 19, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

TFC, Chicago, and DC just make the most fiscal/entertainment/sports/MLS-culture sense.

its still gonna be Houston-Columbus in the final. as it should have been last year :D

Posted by: crocken | October 19, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

if DC United makes the playoff(really really hope they do) It gonna be DC vs LA final!

Posted by: ThE-BaRRa-BrAvA-KiD | October 19, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

IMO-The most likely scenario is Chicago, Toronto, and United. I don't see Colorado winning at Rio Tinto, New England winning at Columbus or FC Dallas winning at Seattle.

Posted by: croftonpost | October 19, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

so correct me if im wrong, if DC Toronto And Colorado win does that mean tha chicago is out? and we have to match up against toronto???

Posted by: ThE-BaRRa-BrAvA-KiD | October 19, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I voted, but have no idea if the teams I selected even all can get in depending on tiebreakers and stuff.

Fulham-Hull, shocking to nobody, has been a fairly boring game. Fulham now up 2-0 in the 64th.

Don't forget to set your Argy Bargy fantasy lineups, for those doing the CL fantasy.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 19, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Jozy on.

Posted by: Reignking | October 19, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Let's see if Jozy's introduction adds any forward movement and excitement to the game.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 19, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

RSL FTW!

;-)

Posted by: nairbsod | October 19, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish

Nope.

Posted by: Reignking | October 19, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

This game has been sooo boring.
What channels are DCU's match on tomorrow night?

Posted by: DadRyan | October 19, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

RK beat me to it.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 19, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

I hate to admit it, but I almost hope DC doesn't make it so the management gets shaken up. DC should have qualified weeks ago.

Anyway, Chicago and Toronto are almost guarenteed to make it. The last slot is up for grabs, but I doubt DC will be up for it. They seem to do just enough to not achieve anything this year.

Posted by: bighungry | October 19, 2009 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Chicago only needs 1 point to advance, so it makes sense that they're leading the pack. Although even a tie against Chivas will not be easy.

After the Fire though, I think Colorado has the best chance of winning. They're playing really well right now, and RSL has been overachieving all year.

As for the last playoff spot, it's pretty much a toss up between DC, Toronto, and NE. The Red Bulls have been playing better lately, so hopefully they'll put up a fight against TFC. But United really SHOULD win on Saturday. The Wizards defense looked awful last week against Seattle. Hopefully they'll give us the same level as effort as they gave against the Sounders.

Posted by: DCUMD | October 20, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse