Video: Inter Milan's Scoring Spree

Watch Inter's goals during a 5-3 victory in Serie A. Cringe at the thought of trying to defend Mario Balotelli, Inter's 6-foot-2, 19-year-old striker (He's No. 45). Practice your rapid-fire Italian. Admire Palermo's all-pink kits.

By Steve Goff  |  October 30, 2009; 12:10 PM ET
Categories:  Italy
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Kickaround
Next: Saturday Kickaround

Comments

OT: some good news from an SI colleague...

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 30, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

A 6'2", 19 year old athletic striker, sounds familiar...

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 30, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

I loved Molto Mario, but I didn't know Inter was that desperate for a chef/player.

Posted by: Reignking | October 30, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

That audio is like Rosetta Stone on crack. Or speed.

Did that Palermo defender intentionally kick the ball into his own net? Perhaps he was getting back at his coach for making him wear that uniform.

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 30, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

If you think BigSoccer posters can be annoying...I think I have found the worst offenders. Real Madrid fanboys on BigSoccer...try saying one thing and they get bent out of shape. I guess they are a bit sensitive after the Alcorcon destruction.

Posted by: Reignking | October 30, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

thanks for the link, Joe. be strong, funny guy.

Posted by: troy6 | October 30, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

270, OT!

I have tried posting to your blog, but after spending time writing a bit, the blog never seems to accept my post . . . not taking it personally, really . .

Anyways, I wish to simply send you the best, in ever regard . . and say that . . "It is only when the ice and snow are on them that we see the strength of the great pine and cypress."

Posted by: delantero | October 30, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Glad to hear good news re our fellow poster. As an aside, if he's reading -- I'm a die-hard Giants' fan, and it's spelled Amani Toomer. I like the name, but I'm biased.

I have to admit I didn't follow everything the highlights guy said, but I distinctly heard a reference to "Super Mario". I have to remember that next time my UEFA Champions' League fantasy squad 'takes the field'. Balotelli is a beast -- combination of Ronaldo (the original and Drogba). Hopefully, he will someday be accepted by all Azurri fans (he's been the object of considerable racist expression).

Posted by: fischy | October 30, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

On the 1st header (goal 2?):

"Un finito impeccabile"

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | October 30, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Thrilling match. However, a bit annoyed at all the selfish tap ins after another striker has all but finished.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | October 30, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Hang in there. It's good to see your posts again and it was even better to hear the great news.

joedoc - Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Kosh2 | October 30, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Say, Goff - is this the kind of open, free flowing soccer/goal fest your buddy was referring to whan he blabbed his way to a 5K fine? ;-)

Oh yeah to all you Seattle kit haters out there - REAL MEN WEAR PINK!!

Posted by: Kosh2 | October 30, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Only a Sicilian team can get away with pink jerseys. Who's going to make fun of their fans?

Posted by: fischy | October 30, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Well in, fischy.

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 30, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the thoughts and comments folks. Enjoy the weekend.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 30, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Espanyol has pink jerseys.

Posted by: Reignking | October 30, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Middlesex County Cricket Club have worn pink breast cancer charity jerseys for about three years now (in the 20/20 competition)...

Posted by: Kev29 | October 30, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Uhh. Toronto has worn pink jerseys the last two years for breast cancer awareness as well haven't they?
The pink ribbon DCU hat idea is great but the hats that the league uses are butt ugly. Pre bent brim flex fit caps suck. MLS needs to work something out and release some HOT FITTED'Z...

Posted by: DadRyan | October 30, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

ever play a vinyl backwards?

Posted by: peridigm | October 30, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

The United have their players in a uproar about the friendly they are trying to set up in December, anyone know if the game will be played at RFK or who the opponent will be?

Posted by: PowerBoater69 | October 30, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | October 30, 2009 11:00 PM | Report abuse

But wouldn't it make sense for a team called "Middlesex" full of men wearing pink?

As i have a mother who is a breast cancer survivor, I both love the whole sports team/breast cancer awareness deal and am very happy to hear the positive news about I-270. Keep living strong man.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 31, 2009 12:26 AM | Report abuse

Palermo's second goal was fantastically mechanical in execution. Almost Soviet in precision.

Posted by: Modibo | October 31, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Breaking news! Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich blows 50k on lunch.
Posted by: Reignking
==================

Should the tip be based on the total or should you tip the waiters and the sommelier separately? Maybe it doesn't matter if you're a billionaire.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 31, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse