Video: It's in The Game

Nike has probably made the best soccer TV ads, but this one from EA Sports ranks high.....

By Steve Goff  |  October 21, 2009; 1:29 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wednesday Kickaround
Next: DCU Ownership, Olsen, USA Friendlies

Comments

Not a gamer, don't have a console, but ads like this kinda work on me.

Posted by: prokaryote | October 21, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Pretty cool. And just in time for the Winter Solstice Holiday! Who knew?

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 21, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I've only seen a drastically edited version on TV. This ad has real impact.

Posted by: mmathai1 | October 21, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

This is my favorite, but then again I'm a Eurosnob:

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | October 21, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

WOW! Loved the net fulls of balls, and all the faces racing by. Beautiful ad for the beautiful game. Brilliant!

Posted by: sbuck | October 21, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

How much did EA pass under the table to you Goff? ;)

Just kidding! Pretty epic commercial, but I was already planning on getting it eventually so it didn't really sway me too much.

Posted by: PEddy | October 21, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Hard to imagine anything ever beating the "Director's Cut" of "Take It To The Next Level" from Nike.

Posted by: christopher_a_metzler | October 21, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Kick-A Ad and nice upgrades to the game (got it yesterday).

I LOVE IT!

Speaking of LOVE, holy Party with that GOLAZO lastnight!! Are you kidding me? I know wrong thread, but...who cares?!?

VAMOS UNITED!!

Posted by: Kosh2 | October 21, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Is there a stupid marching band in the stands when you visit the Scroungers in the game?
I'm going to hold out for a while, maybe finagle a copy for Christmas...
I really need a new tv before I get that game.

Posted by: DadRyan | October 21, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Meant to ask... does this work for Atari?

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 21, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

No such luck joedoc, but I hear it runs great on colecovision.

Posted by: ricky_b | October 21, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Meant to ask... does this work for Atari?

Posted by: joedoc1 | October 21, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Bet on no Commodore support either.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | October 21, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

My favorite adidas ones are the ones from 06 with the kids who pick famous players, and they just show up.

But like someone else already said, you cannot do better than Guy Ritchie's Director's Cut of "take it to the next level"

Also, the behind the scenes on the EA ad on their website are kinda cool

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 21, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Did someone say "Commodore"?!

"Sail on down the line
'bout half a mile or so
and I don't really wanna know
Where you're going.
Maybe once or twice, you see
But time after time, I tried
To hold onto what we got, but
Now you're going..."

Commodores, "Sail On," circa late '70s/early 80s

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | October 21, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

I just bought the game a few hours ago...

funny thing...
Moreno looks black in the game with cornrows..

interesting...

also..SJ Earthquakes, were established in 1995...
lol

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | October 21, 2009 10:46 PM | Report abuse

yeah, I love playing FIFA, but I don't like how they never really put any effort in to the MLS portion of the game. like WashDips said, they often dont even get the skin color of high profile players in the League correct (Emilio was white last year!), much less rate them at all fairly.

Posted by: VTUnited | October 22, 2009 1:11 AM | Report abuse

Thats a lot of Xavis. Go Barca! Go video games forever!

Posted by: Conservativemindsareinshackles | October 22, 2009 4:22 AM | Report abuse

got the game the other day. So very man bugs in it, you'd think Microsoft made it...zing.

The manager mode is laughably bad http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11539748-post4443.html
, and defenders on your team seem to just be itching to get out of position.

It seems they put all of their effort in this game into make the moves and tricks look cool and ended up making a sub-par product. I wouldn't recommend buying this.

Posted by: bigbadbri | October 22, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Where's Donovan?

LOL

We get all the Eurostars in ads in the USA. Not even a glimpse of Beckham in the "real" ad for the game.

Thx,