Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

Mexico, America-Puebla 5:30 p.m. Univision
Mexico, Santos-Chivas 8 p.m. Telefutura
MONDAY
England, Fulham-Hull City 2:55 p.m. ESPN2

By Steve Goff  |  October 15, 2009; 7:47 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Davies Family Statement
Next: Friday Kickaround

Comments

Looking forward to Monday's match...

Posted by: Reignking | October 15, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

U20 final.

Aston Villa-Chelsea will definitely make it onto my DVR. Good rainy day viewing, but I ain't getting up that early to watch.

Monday -- Curious to see if Jozy gets in.

Speaking of the U20s -- I went to the Kicking & Screening kick-off movie tonight at the French Embassy -- about the '98 Cup winners. Not the greatest film, but the closest any of us will ever get to a players-eye view of such a thing. Anyway, Thomas Rongen was in the audience. That is all.

Posted by: fischy | October 15, 2009 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Are people tuning into these DC United games anymore?

Posted by: DadRyan | October 15, 2009 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Wow... that's quite the list. Thanks for doing this every week, it's very helpful.

Posted by: ricky_b | October 16, 2009 1:10 AM | Report abuse

Are people tuning into these DC United games anymore?

Posted by: DadRyan

I usually DVR them because, from the Nest, there are often details that I don't see quite as well as I would if I were higher up. So I use the recorded version to run replays.....

Posted by: DCUSince96 | October 16, 2009 6:24 AM | Report abuse

Don't watch—play!

Posted by: glfrazier | October 16, 2009 7:21 AM | Report abuse

DCU? Eh, maybe. If I'm at home. At least it doesn't conflict with the Phillies.

Posted by: Reignking | October 16, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Please tell me that suffering all the injuries on the back line of our national team doesn't mean we'll be fielding Danny Califf again. If so, just shoot me now.

Posted by: mmathai1 | October 16, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

DC United are still playing?

That guy Beckham was capped for the 115th time this week. Must be kind of an OK ball player. He's got a scary hairy Ben Olsen look going right now.

Posted by: OWNTF | October 16, 2009 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I was just joshing... I don't think I can swing coming out to RFK tomorrow, but I'll be watching from the cuddly confines of my home more than likely. Didn't watch any sports while on vacation, unless you count kite surfers and longboarders.

Posted by: DadRyan | October 16, 2009 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Villa v. Chelsea
United v. Bolton (with the Sunderland v. Liverpool game on my "last" button)
(Wegman's -- a girl's gotta eat)
Back in time for Barca
Pick Mr. BaRRD up at Regan National
Heading straight from there to the Barra Brava

It will be interesting to see who United play without Rooney and Berba (his fiancee just gave birth)and how Liverpool manage without Gerard and Torres.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | October 16, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF

Heart of a (Three) Lion(s).

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | October 16, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Mrs. Kev29 has lots of homework this weekend - I'll be able to catch bits of...

Aston Villa-Chelsea (HD!)
Sunderland-Liverpool
Nottingham Forest-Newcastle
(Boycotting GolTV after the MediaPro Hunduras fiasco)
Nice comfy mezzanine seat for a nap during United-Cowlumbus at RFK

Blackburn-Burnley (the nasty, undercover Lancs Derby)
Wigan-Citeehhh

Posted by: Kev29 | October 16, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Well, it looks like I won't be watching Stoke v West Ham...

Only the games at Villa Park and DW stadium seem remotely interesting in EPL (unless there are serious upsets). I'm more curious if Juve can start winning again, especially with Inter at Genoa and Sampdoria at Lazio. Feeling flu-ish, so I may be watching DC... maybe I'll just record it and then ff thru the thing since the season is over.

Posted by: prokaryote | October 16, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse