NCAA Women's Pairings

North Carolina, Florida State, UCLA and Stanford are the top seeds in the 64-team NCAA Division I women's tournament.

Maryland (15-4-1) earned a No. 4 seed and will host matches Friday at Ludwig Field in College Park. The Terps face Monmouth (15-4-1) and Villanova plays Washington State. The survivors meet Sunday.

Virginia Tech (14-7-0) is a No. 3 seed but didn't earn hosting rights and will play Murray State (11-8-2) in Dayton, Ohio. Dayton faces Marquette. (Two other seeded teams also will have to travel.)

Virginia (9-5-5) will play St. John's (13-6-1) in State College, Pa., as part of a doubleheader with fourth-seeded Penn State and Colgate.

The College Cup (final four) is Dec. 4-6 at Texas A&M. Click here for the complete bracket.

By Steve Goff  |  November 9, 2009; 9:35 PM ET
Categories:  College Soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall of Fame Nominees
Next: Cup Qualifying Nears End

Comments

I don't like Jim Weaver.

Posted by: sitruc | November 9, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

COngrats to the Lady Jacks for winning the Big Sky title again, but Portland last year and Stanford this year isn't much of a reward. I can dream for an upset, right?

Posted by: Josh86 | November 10, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Could be worse. You could be High Point with 4 wins all season playing UNC at UNC.

Go 'Gate.

Posted by: OWNTF | November 10, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Why no mention of Loyola (MD) vs. West Virginia, both sort of local schools?

WVU is closer than Virginia Tech (according to MapQuest) 209 miles vs. 271.

Let's go Mountaineers!

Posted by: jermWV | November 10, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Actually, High Point has seven wins, not four, but who cares? Perhaps they just need to lure the Pope back.

Rutgers is actually slightly closer to D.C. than WVU, so I guess they're a local school, too.

It is a shame that the Hokies weren't given the home-field advantage that they earned. I wish that the NCAA would give home-field advantage to the higher-seeded team, period.

Posted by: universityandpark | November 10, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

OSU will be a winner in the first round. You can bet on it.

Posted by: universityandpark | November 10, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

I said sort of local! ;)

Posted by: jermWV | November 10, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Actually, jermWV, I regard WVU as more than a "sort of local" team, and I will be following them just as you are. When they made the quarters a couple of years ago, I drove up to morning Morgantown to see them play USC.

Posted by: universityandpark | November 11, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Nice! Fans of WVU are always welcome!

Posted by: jermWV | November 11, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse