Weekend TV Listings

What are you going to watch?
(Ireland-France and Costa Rica-Uruguay are available at soccer-friendly bars for a cover charge. Call ahead.)
FRIDAY

NCAA men, ACC final 1 p.m. Comcast SportsNet/DC, Fox Sports Net
Mexico, Pumas-Indios 1 p.m. Telemundo
Colombia, America-Millonarios 3:30 p.m. GolTV
Mexico, Santos Laguna-America 5 p.m. Univision

By Steve Goff  |  November 12, 2009; 3:20 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gonzalez: MLS Rookie of Year
Next: Preki Out, MLS Ticket Update

Comments

Damn I had no idea the conference final was at 11. At least it won't interrupt most of my other television habits.

Posted by: sitruc | November 12, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Brazil-England and Spain-Argentina is a nice one-two punch, even if they're friendlies. I'm not paying for Ireland-France, and is Portugal worth watching without Ronaldo? If Costa Rica-Uruguay was free, I'd choose it over the MLS game.

Posted by: Miles_Standish_Proud | November 12, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

You can stay up after and watch NZ-Bahrain.

Bharaining outside at the moment.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Also, Big Ten Tournament on all weekend on Big Ten Network. Games start with semifinals Friday at 2:00 pm.

Posted by: bentley7 | November 12, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

My line-up on Saturday...
Brazil-England, Argentina-Spain, DVRing Italy-Netherlands and watching the delayed Portugal-Bosnia @ 8 p.m.

Portugal has quality besides Ronaldo and it would be a true shock if they are left out of the WC.

Posted by: MMinVA | November 12, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

At a wedding (not an Irish bar) right at Ireland-France kickoff time. :-(

Posted by: Kev29 | November 12, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

NCAA Division III men's second round match at Messiah on Sunday.

Posted by: joedoc1 | November 12, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Messiah has returned to the playoffs?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Too bad the Egypt-Algeria game isn't televised. The violence has already started as the Algeria team bus was attacked with rocks in Egypt and 3 players were injured.

Posted by: CACuzcatlan | November 12, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Who's Messiah playing? Will the Falcons Handel them?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

A reason to get up Saturday morning...

Posted by: Reignking | November 12, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

MLS game on 11 pm Friday night. No doubt that game will pull in monster national ratings.

Posted by: Ron16 | November 12, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Way to go MLS - after 3 years you finally get Beckham and Donovan in the Conference final - and you put them on at 11 pm. Brilliant!

Posted by: harkes4ever | November 12, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

I detect a bit of Atlantocentrism.

Posted by: universityandpark | November 12, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

harkes4ever, it was either that, or play in front of an empty stadium (12k max on school nights) on Thursday night or be moved to ESPN Classic at an earlier time since there is a college football game earlier on Friday night.

Posted by: CACuzcatlan | November 12, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

"You can stay up after and watch NZ-Bahrain.

Bharaining outside at the moment."

"Messiah has returned to the playoffs?"

"Who's Messiah playing? Will the Falcons Handel them?"

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009

=========================

That's a yellow for persistent infringment. (Points around the pitch, counting...)

Posted by: JkR- | November 12, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Give him a straight red... carryover from other matches.

Posted by: joedoc1 | November 12, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

The second leg of a Bahrainian home and away set is always exciting, based on my sample of one. I'll have the world cup playoffs on in the background while I do other stuff.

Will Costa Rica-Uruguay be available on a delay anywhere? Sigh.

Posted by: prokaryote | November 12, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

"Messiah has returned to the playoffs?"

"Who's Messiah playing? Will the Falcons Handel them?"

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009

=========================

Posted by: JkR- | November 12, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

-----

Hallelujah. :)

Posted by: SportzNut21 | November 12, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

(...and that's the decidedly non-historically-informed-performance, early Sixties-vintage recording of the Hallelujah Chorus, by the Philadelphia Orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, too. Just in case you more musically-inclined types were wondering.)

Posted by: SportzNut21 | November 12, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

@Kev29

Skip the wedding. Tell them you'll go to their next weddings.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | November 12, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Jeezy peezy, nobody watching USA at the Slovaks?

Posted by: 9Nine9 | November 12, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

I was just checking my program guide for the Western Conference Final and it was just now that I came back to look at SI again that I realized the game is tomorrow...

Posted by: sitruc | November 12, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Guess I should have checked this thread before making the "whack-on-whack" comment on the Preki thread.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009 8:24 PM | Report abuse

I'll be watching USA-Slovakia. I wonder if FSC will call the match from the studio.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 12, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

@CACuzcatlan - Word, that game is going to be ill. Algeria has a little cushion, it can lose by one and still qualify. Even an Egyptian two goal win will only even things up for them to have a playoff in Sudan later! I'm still not sure how Egypt has managed to underperform so badly in qualifying... I mean, they beat Italy in the Confed Cup and are close to being knocked out by Algeria, whose FA is still in rebuilding mode following the civil war!

Posted by: edgeonyou | November 12, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

L.A. traffic is so outrageous on a Friday evening--if you've ever lived there, you'd understand why they're starting it at 8PM.

It's virtually impossible to get south on I-5 at that hour.

Posted by: StanShmenge | November 13, 2009 9:40 AM | Report abuse

watching african qualifying on the internet. tunisa and nigeria games i think are at 8am and egypt-algeria at 1230. cameroon game will be huge too after how they messed up 2006 qualifying on the final day

Posted by: GraciasRiquelme | November 13, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Watched the Egypt-Algeria game online. Wow. Just wow. Egypt scoring in stoppage time, 90+5 to make it 2-0 and take it to a playoff. It will be crazy in Sudan. Can't wait!

Posted by: cardiff_city | November 14, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse