Weekend TV Listings

About three dozen matches from which to choose. What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

Mexico, Morelia-Santos Laguna 5 p.m. Azteca America
England, Wolves-Birmingham 7 p.m. FSC
MONDAY
England, Blackpool-Preston North End 2:55 p.m. Setanta

By Steve Goff  |  November 27, 2009; 12:40 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thanksgiving Kickaround
Next: Life of Pele

Comments

Thanks for posting this when you did, Mr. Goff. Reading it up and down until I almost had it memorized helped kill the time waiting outside the Target at 3 am.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | November 27, 2009 7:37 AM | Report abuse

@ Jacob: Target at 3:00 am? barking mad ;) I hope you got a nice TV to watch some of these matches...

So grateful that the Arsenal-Chelsea and Real Madrid-Barcelona matches are on Sunday. It will be nice break from having to work retail on Friday and Saturday.

Posted by: Sec131 | November 27, 2009 7:55 AM | Report abuse

Hmm, what should I spend my money on today on something I don't really need but I should buy anyways since it's on sale...

Posted by: PEddy | November 27, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Yes, it's delayed, but the Fulham-Bolton tilt will be on Setanta at 5pm Saturday, and that's the one match I'll be certain to watch.

Posted by: jhgodfrey1 | November 27, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

On Wednesday night, Fox Soccer Report quoted "our friend Steven Goff" on the story about the deal between RSL and Philadelphia Union over Chris Seitz. This morning, WTOP is citing Soccer Insider for the news about Janiki and Ely Allen (slow sports day). Kudos for the Insider.

Posted by: Rhio | November 27, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Soccer Insider: It's a keeper!

Posted by: Timchyk | November 27, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Two clear "must-see games" - Pompey v ManU on Sat & Gunners v Chelsea on Sunday.

Posted by: soccerman | November 27, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Anyone out there familiar with the MLS women's jersey sizing? DCU is having a killer online sale today on all the adidas gear, and I'm thinking about buying the wifey a shirt, I know they are in a "women's" cut, but I'm curious if they are abnormally small for their sizing like the men's authentic jersey cuts. Lets just say, I'm wondering if I should get one size bigger than normal, as she will probably be more comfortable wearing it if it's not crazy tight.
If any of the ladies of SI have any feedback that would be great, or any of you dudes who've gotten them for your ladies.
Thanks

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 10:20 AM | Report abuse

It sucks that I can't watch the Merseyside Derby on TV (don't have setanta). I'll just have to watch on the internet.

Posted by: spikeman | November 27, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

good call, DR! I just checked the site and bought the wife and son new jerseys (daughter has a brand new one).

you might want to go one size up for the reason you mention. if it is too big they would probably allow you to exchange it at the shop, but I doubt you would need to.

Posted by: troy6 | November 27, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Ha! I just pulled the trigger as well. I ended up getting "her size", and figure if it's too tight, we'll be able to pull off an exchange at Dick's or at the team store itself. I know the team store's policy is to not make an exchange without a receipt, but I exchanged a home replica for an away jersey that I received as a gift at Dicks without a receipt... Just have to play dumb. Not too difficult for me most of the time;-)

Ordered the LilRyan a pair of black shorts so she'll have a full home kit and be able to rock my personal favorite white shirt/black shorts away look.

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

So dumb I can't even get my emoticons right...;^)

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I just came in to mention that sale, 40% off all United adidas products. Got me an authentic long sleeve away jersey for less that $40 after shipping.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | November 27, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Killer sale as we were sorta talking about above Jacob. Hopefully others are taking advantage. I'm looking forward to the fabled team sale as well. Bought items today that will probably not be in the mix when the team sale *doesn't* happen...

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Now that is a Thanksgiving FEAST of football!

Posted by: Kev29 | November 27, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Reposted from a previous thread:

NCAA women's quarterfinal action is underway at this hour:

Posted by: universityandpark | November 27, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Just browsing through the soccer sites and not really much Barca-RM hype yet.. At the beginning of the season people were talking like this was going to be the game of the century.

Posted by: rademaar | November 27, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Getting a size too small for the Mrs. is OK. Getting a size too large means "you think I'm really a medium." And you'll be digging yourself out of that hole for a week.

Not that I've ever had anything like that happen.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 27, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Extrapolating from the clearance items at the on-line store, the 2010 home jerseys will stay the same, the 2010 away jerseys will be different.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | November 27, 2009 9:48 PM | Report abuse

I have 1 dead FIOS box-- so I will probably only get to see only 1 or 2 of these games this weekend. The rest of the family controls the live box so I'll get to watch at their convenience.

Posted by: jmingus | November 27, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

I hear ya on the sizing 270. It is actually more for "me" anyway. That being said I really wish they'd put out a white ladies jersey for that can be integrated into the summer time car washing routine...

Too much extrapolating on the jersey release though, they WILL be releasing new home and aways this year per the man himself:
Post#32
sorry to link to BS, but it seems warranted.
Interesting thread anyway..

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Next year, technically. oops.

Posted by: DadRyan | November 27, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Darn it!, the Spanish Derby is not going to be in HD? ESPN pushed it to Deportes in SD, and GolTV (sucks!) will have it in SD too!, and ESPN2 decided to show Espanyol vs. Atletico Madrid? what a shame, I wanted to watch CR9 y Messi in HD....=/

Posted by: WillyJoel | November 28, 2009 1:03 AM | Report abuse

NCAA games at 1 on Sunday. Terps play at Harvard, only on GameTracker. If Terpa win, and Portland beats Virginia, Terps get their next game at Ludwig. Go, Terps!

Posted by: sbuck | November 28, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

The next Clasico is in HD, ESPN doesn't have the English language rights to this one, they split it with GolTV.

Posted by: NattyBo1985 | November 28, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse