D.C. United Updates

Memo to self: Vacation not possible. Ever.

*While we await a D.C. United coaching decision, the Insider has learned that the club is attempting to acquire Cristian Castillo, the clever, left-sided midfielder for El Salvador's national team. Castillo, 25, was on loan at Mexican club Leon, which acquired his contract this month. My understanding is that DCU would have to arrange a loan itself. The chances are good but far from certain.

Castillo scored against the United States in each of the teams' two World Cup qualifiers in the final round. Besides the impact on the field, the club would look to him to boost interest in Washington's huge Salvadoran community and, in turn, help sagging attendance. The club is not commenting on player issues these days. However, General Manager Dave Kasper was in Mexico this week; perhaps working out the details?

*United has agreed to participate in the Carolina Challenge Cup, a four-team preseason tournament March 13-20 in Charleston, S.C. Other participants are Real Salt Lake, Toronto FC and the Charleston Battery.

*European contacts tell me that former DCU prospect Bryan Arguez is on his way out of Hertha Berlin and will attempt to find a new home elsewhere in Europe. Arguez, sold by United after one uneventful season, has not made a favorable impression with Hertha the past two years.

*The Washington Freedom will open its WPS home schedule April 10 or 11 against Boston at Maryland SoccerPlex.

*Chicago's coaching search has gone abroad and now includes at least one international candidate. The only name I've heard is Carlos de los Cobos, a Mexican who recently resigned as El Salvador's national team coach. No confirmation, however. Soccer America reported that Chivas USA midfielder Jesse Marsch, a name that surfaced on the Insider during MLS Cup weekend, and former DCU coach Tom Soehn are finalists.

Castillo video:

By Steve Goff  |  December 17, 2009; 2:22 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , Freedom , MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DCU Coaching/Front Office Update
Next: Davies Accident Details

Comments

Wait, I thought there was a league rule prohibiting DC from acquiring any clever left-sided players...

Posted by: EdTheRed | December 17, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Sweet deal if DCU gets Castillo. Hopefully that will help the draw. Maybe Diaz-Arce should be the next coach.

Posted by: no_recess | December 17, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

OK. Let's let Steve get some rest. I'm appointing myself acting editor. Here are your assignments:

Delantero: DCU coaching search/internet speculation
Chest: Color commentary on the coach search
VBB: Stadium newzzzzzzz
Reignking: USMNT
OWNTF: USWNT
Joe Doc: WPS and song lyrics
BaRRD: travel reports
DadRyan: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Jerseys
universityandpark: soccer bars
Poopy_McPoop: 24/7 Donovan watch
JkR: FIFA10 on the Nintendo DS

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 17, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

So they have moved the assistant coach to the academy, don't know who the head coach or his top assistant will be, yet are zeroing in on signing players?

Train. Wreck. City.

At least let a coach pick his new players since the front office is probably going to decree which vets stay.

Posted by: beach3 | December 17, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

On it.

"We built this city!
We built this city on rock and roll
We built this city!
We built this city on rock and roooOOOlll!"

Posted by: joedoc1 | December 17, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Castillo would be a nice addition on the left flank. Talented, young, but plenty of club and international experience. And he's scored in RFK, that's worth something.

Posted by: FrancoNiell | December 17, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

After watching that video, I'm not sure why Leon would let him go out on loan, unless (not to start any rumors) he's whack.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 17, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

In the previous thread lgm6986 wrote:

Posted by: Sultano | December 17, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Muy bueno. Should I say that again? Muy, muy bueno. Castillo has some serious ball skills, and he went way over Hejduk on both of those headers. Head and shoulders higher. He would be an awesome pick-up on the field, and the Salvadorean star the team has been seeking to put fannies in the seats again. I'm a tad bummed to hear he might be available only on a loan, but I guess his club is hoping to score a big European payday down the road. Bring him in, even on a loan. Perhaps, the future might hold a full rights transfer. I really hope Kasper can pull this off. It would be the biggest MLS coup this side of Freddy Montero -- perhaps even better. And, he came initially on a loan deal, too.

Also, cool to see in the video that he's not unfamiliar with RFK. I assume that was a friendly. Who was the opponent? Couldn't make out the unis for sure -- T&T?

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Look at it this way Goffinho, at least this means you don't have to burn as many vacation days.

Posted by: Section117 | December 17, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

this morning on the radio i heard leon released all 3 players from el salvador i believe castillo was 1 of them. so does that mean we have to negotiate with a team from el salvador??? that might be a good thing

Posted by: Norteno4life | December 17, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

On coaches: bringing in a talent like Castillo -- especially if he's under the DP level which would allow DCU to bring in a still-bigger name -- may start building momentum in DCU's coaching search. If the team is going to get someone good, they're going to have to convince coaching prospects that the on-field talent will be there for them. I think the FO, and miserable luck with injuries, really let Soehn down. That may be why candidates are a little hesitant to sign on. Kasper has to prove that he's righting what looked like a sinking ship. Getting Castillo would be a great start.

As for Chicago -- unless they think they need de los Cobos to get Blanco to commit to returning, I still expect Soehn to get the nod.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

OK -- I got it -- Aug '08. T&T beat El Salvador 2-1, before 24,675. I bet a lot of those Salvadorean fans are ones that don't go to see United. Getting Castillo should reverse the scary attendance decline at RFK -- which would be helpful in stadium negotiations, if they're still ongoing during next season.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

270, can't help ya with that assignment, as I don't take orders well, but I did find this:

""Kidding aside, Cruise, 47, and Holmes, 30, "are amazing parents and really good people," Beckham said. "You say there's good looking people, and you look at Tom, and he's one of the most handsome men I've ever met."""

Posted by: delantero | December 17, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Looks like a good possible signing to me. Maybe it'll signal the exit of Fred too.

Posted by: alecw81 | December 17, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

I don't know about his attitude (worth checking with some old coworkers from El Salvador), but at least on the field, Castillo would be a dynamite signing. Awhile back I was preaching that MLS should look to become where CONCACAF's stars (not counting Mexicans, who have no real incentive to leave their own league) play. Being a goal-scoring, tricky winger on a team that made the Hexagonal counts as a star in CONCACAF.

The clip SG attached only bolsters Castillo's credentials. He's got decent speed, tremendous dribbling ability, a reasonable sense of when to dish the ball off (unlike, say, Fred), and his header over Hejduk was extremely impressive when you consider Hejduk's strong jumping ability and Castillo being only like 5'8".

I understand some people wanting a new coach to pick the players he'll have, but there's another side to that. Any coach smart enough to succeed in MLS would want Castillo, especially considering our options at left midfield once you get past Wallace. If we hire a guy who doesn't want players like Castillo, then we hired the wrong guy.

Let me pull back from the brink of euphoria here for a second and note that Castillo is no guarantee. He could come here and be uncomfortable with the MLS style of play, or he could be a headcase. Those are the dangers with any signing. However, he had the discipline to play well in El Salvador's defend-and-counter system, which points to at least some ability to put the team first.

Final note: If we were to sign Castillo, I would think the next shoe to drop would be Wallace becoming a left back more often than not. Wallace may not be polished back there, but neither is Burch, and Wallace's athleticism offers more both in terms of defending and getting forward. Let me submit a potential, everyone-is-fit starting lineup:

---------- Moreno - Pontius
Castillo - Szetela - Simms - Quaranta
Wallace - James/ -- Jakovic - Namoff
New CB
------------ Wicks/
New GK

Not a world-beater, but that team would probably beat last year's lineup fairly consistently. Find another center back and keeper, and maybe this cloud hovering over us finally clears up some.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | December 17, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

270: that should be simple enough. I'll add La Liga, too.

Posted by: Reignking | December 17, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I was under the impression that Kasper and Payne scouted and signed the players; that the coach was only peripherally involved, no?

A good choice at coach by the first day of practice > the hurriedly signed coach before xmas break.

Posted by: JkR- | December 17, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Leave it to Chest to start analyzing formations. I've been looking over Ives' draft board to see who might be available for United. We might get Stahl @ DM or Wiideman @ striker. Da Luz is a left mid, so he would be surplus, if DC brings in Castillo. Okugo (freshman midfielder) might be a good replacement for Olsen, as would Tchani (question there is whether he's surged so he'll be drafted before DCU picks). Mwanga, might slip to DC, but he's a forward with apparent European options -- I'm guessing the FO has been burned too many times lately to take a chance on him.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of DCU reaching farther down the board to get a good left back -- Sarkodie -- but, it might depend on how the team feels about the Burch/Wallace options there.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Goff, your pain is our pleasure. Sorry for the vacation that isn't but thank you for providing the temporary fix for our addiction. Interesting info. So I'm guessing that if Castillo is signed that means what for Rodney Wallace?

Posted by: JoeW1 | December 17, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Don't know what possessed me to do this, but once I got started, I couldn't stop. Kind of like meth . . . anyways a brief where are they now for players

Nicholas Addlery: plays for Águila in the Salvadoran Primera División de Fútbol Profesional.

José Carvallo plays for Sporting Cristal (Peru)

Kasali Yinka Casal plays as a left back or left winger for Swindon Town.

Louis Crayton is currently without a club.

Stephen deRoux plays for Montreal Impact in the USL First Division.

Francis Doe is currently playing for the Egyptian Premier League and African Club of the Century Al-Ahly.

Matías Donnet currently plays for Unión de Santa Fe (Argentina).

Rodion Sergeyevich "Rod" Dyachenko (Russian: Родион Сергеевич Дьяченко; b currently plays for Baltimore Blast in the Major Indoor Soccer League.

Facundo Erpen is currently without a club.

Lucio Filomeno plays for PAOK FC in Greece.

Gonzalo Peralta plays for Unión de Santa Fe.

Posted by: delantero | December 17, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

José Carvallo plays for Sporting Cristal (Peru)

Kasali Yinka Casal plays as a left back or left winger for Swindon Town.

Louis Crayton is currently without a club.

Stephen deRoux plays for Montreal Impact in the USL First Division.

Matías Donnet currently plays for Unión de Santa Fe (Argentina).

Facundo Erpen is currently without a club.

Lucio Filomeno plays for PAOK FC in Greece.

Gonzalo Peralta plays for Unión de Santa Fe.

Posted by: delantero | December 17, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

@Chest -- I realize they protected Szetela over Jacobson, but I can't believe the FO is thrilled with relying on Szetela for anything more than depth. Of course, you're leaving out Gomez, who still has more in his tank and quiver than Szetela showed. However, I'd expect the team to be looking very seriously for an attacking center mid, with their DP. Or a striker. With Gomez held on to as a super sub. Of course, I'm expecting that the team will probably not find anyone during the January window -- so, that will likely wait until after the Cup.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Well thank goodness the High Court entered an injunction prohibiting the British Airways strike so I can complete my assignment.

Otherwise my reports would be limited to checking on the progress of

on the way to my MIL's for Christmas or

thishttp://search.travelchannel.com/travel/Soccer

Lest it would offend the xenophobes and jingoists on this blog, I will report live from

Old Trafford on 30 December
Fratton Park on 2 January

And any pub with the Sky feed showing any match while I am in said pub.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | December 17, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

@delanero -- thanks for your hard work. I had no idea that Doe had landed with such a prominent club. I don't know how up-to-date his Wiki is, but it has him with only 5 appearances, but 2 goals for Al Ahly. Bravo for Francis. If he didn't have such a wooden first touch, he might have had a long, productive stay here.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Bouno viaggio, BRRD.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | December 17, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

There are better Castillo highlight videos out there...

But surely he will increase attendance...DC needs alot of help along side Cristian though, to be a real top-tier team.

Posted by: ESFan21 | December 17, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

@delantero

IMHO Adderly seems to be the only one that is having any success from his CONCACAF Champions League form at least.

Posted by: no_recess | December 17, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

About my promise of live reports.... someone much younger than I is going to have to tell me how to work my BlackBerry. Maybe I'll email the editor and he can post for me.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | December 17, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Botched lining some things up there. New GK should be under Wicks, and new CB should be under James.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | December 17, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Getting rid of Doe was a mistake. He's fast and strong. In other words, nothing like our other strikers. Yeah, his touch was off, but if I remember right we let him go so we could sign Avery John. Baffling.

Posted by: delantero | December 17, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I would love to have a field mic nearby the first time Frankie Heydude sees Castillo lined up for DC. Probably would be something like "Oh sh--, not this guy again!"

Posted by: SonicDeathMonkey | December 17, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

fischy:

I like drafting Sarkodie as left back depth, since I don't see much use for keeping Burch around (especially as he makes the salary of a solid MLS starter). To me, signing a guy like Castillo and moving Wallace back is a great solution to a side of the field we need to improve.

In central midfield, I think Szetela deserves more of a shot. Soehn didn't seem to have much time for him and kept shifting him out to the wing, where he's ill-suited. Under a coach that wants him around, and with more time to get his feet under him, I think he could do well. He's tough, he has the technical ability, and he'll contribute the defensive work needed to make the 442 work.

I don't see Gomez as a starter, especially in a 442. He's lost his quick burst of acceleration, which hurts him more than most (since he used to use that and his intelligence to find the gaps and exploit them). He doesn't have Moreno's size to rely on in keeping the ball, either. I don't think he's useless by any means, but I also don't see where he fits into this team as a starter, and at his salary he has to be a potential all-star. Then again, I wasn't in favor of bringing him back, either, so this probably isn't a surprising position.

I do think you're right about DCU searching for a new attacking midfielder. Szetela is more of the all-action sort, like how Holden plays his role in Houston (albeit at a lower level). United tradition has been to have a true playmaker, which would point to some kind of attempt to sign such a player. However, I think we can potentially have a successful team with Szetela in that role (especially with Quaranta, Moreno, and Castillo providing additional creativity and skill).

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | December 17, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Have (another)pint for me, BaRRD.

Posted by: joedoc1 | December 17, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Dude, you don't see that in MLS. Why? Because the first time you try it, some klutz runs you over like a Mack truck, no call, season ending knee injury.

The guy will not come to DCU if he knows what's good for him. If he does come, he will be out for the season before May.

Posted by: Matte | December 17, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Good stuff delantero

Crayton signed w/ the new TB USL team.

Posted by: Reignking | December 17, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the very informative alumni report, Delantero!

I like Castillo and also his ES teammate Zelaya. Either would be a pretty good pickup for DC. But I hope the front office isn't hoping for any long-term sustained loyalty or support from large groups of local Salvadoran fans. That ship sank a long time ago.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | December 17, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

RFK es mi casa y mi castillo? Just sayin'.....

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Obviously, Castillo would be a great signing. He has impressive ability, and would force us to get rid of at least one of the following: Emilio, Fred, or Gomez. While I think Gomez still has a little value, I'm thrilled to see that speed AND finesse are possible, at the same time! I'm also in favor of dumping Emilio and using the cap for another, younger star striker.

Want to take the liberty of proposing that maybe, for an added boost, we should take either Freddy or EJ for the money if they sink that low. They still have talent, and you KNOW they want to be on that plane. We're not guaranteed a high priced foreign DP would be a success (Gallardo) and they've already played here.

And I love Chest's lineup.

For the draft, we NEED to get the best center back we can lay our hands on. We can still retain Burch, but we need someone who can push James and cover for Jakovic if injured.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | December 17, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

I thought Sarkodie played right back in the College Cup?

Posted by: b18bolo | December 17, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

@b18bolo -- There are 2 Sarkodie brothers. Kofi plays for Akron. His older brother, Ofori, played left back for IU.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Guys, can I have a job? Please?

Posted by: B_A_ | December 17, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Chest-

You forgot to put Olsen in the.....oh. um, nevermind.

Posted by: redskinsux | December 17, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Me and mt fellow sec 204 inhabitants have been saying we need to bring som El Salvadorian talent for some time.
Sign Castillo NOW!!! does he have any teamates from the national team that would want to come to DC and live like kings?

Posted by: jjfooty | December 17, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

SIGN CASTILLO!!!!! Loan with option to sign?? Anyone??

Posted by: asnoel | December 17, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking of a foreign coach named Marco Antonio Etcheverry

Posted by: abrown1662 | December 17, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Everton beaten at home in the Europa League. Moyes played a kid who isn't even 17 yet. Donovan needs to get his rear end over there.

Speaking of Marco, wasn't he supposed to give his team an answer by today?

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

OK B_A_, You're job os to check Steve's twitter page 20 times a day and tell us what he's doing at each minute.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | December 17, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Great to see DC making some smart moves.
Also good to see how DC has an impact on others throughout the world. All of our has-beens are every where.

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | December 17, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

I do love the internet. For those of you who haven't delved into the subject, it seems there have been DC United & Cristian Castillo rumors for the better part of the last year. Apparently, DK and KP were seen scouting him last Spring.

From what I can gather, earlier this month Leon bought his contract and that of two other Salvadoreans who were with the club on loan deals. As soon as they did so, the club's President was talking about loaning Castillo to MLS. Leon is looking for a new coach, and he wants to have that coach decide the players' fate with Leon. So, they bought the contracts. Once they have a coach in place, anything's possible, but right now they're favoring the idea of loaning Castillo and keeping the other two for one more tourney.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Correction -- I read too fast -- Leon is looking for a new technical director.

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

"Darn -- the Carolina Cup isn't the same weekend as the Charleston Wine & Food Festival, like it was last year."

Shoot, maybe this gives you and JfATLish an opportunity to hop in the hoopty and run up for one of the match days. I'm interested to see how the scheduling pans out. While RSL clearly has the juice at the moment they'd be the front runner to have their pick of the opening match day late show or the final match eh? They don't draw the "tournament" out of a hat do they? I'd be happy to make the first weekend or the final depending on when United faces Charleston for the Coffee Pot Cup Defense.

Ohhhh Troy! How's your schedule looking in March?

Posted by: DadRyan | December 17, 2009 11:10 PM | Report abuse

100 days until United's first 2010 league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | December 17, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

99 days until United's first 2010 league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | December 18, 2009 12:07 AM | Report abuse

From the "You Don't See This Every Day Dep't."

The entire Eritrean national soccer team is seeking asylum after leaving the country to play Tanzania.

Posted by: fischy | December 18, 2009 1:07 AM | Report abuse

Absolutely no disrespect, but I've seen too many of these speculated player/coach moves not turn out. So, I'll hold my excitement about this move until I see Castillo holding the jersey at a press conference. I mean, aren't we supposed to be playing in a new stadium now, with Porter as the coach and Veron as our DP?

Posted by: CrippledKeeper | December 18, 2009 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Query -- is replacing Tom Soehn like moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic? Have we been mediocre for long enough that we need a Redskins-style shakeup?

Not saying this is so, just wondering what others think....

Posted by: DCUSince96 | December 18, 2009 7:57 AM | Report abuse

Given our coach search problems, I think Ben Olsen deserves more attention. Consider that Jason Kreis went straight from playing to coaching. He had a couple of rough years, but now RSL are league champs.

Posted by: dsheon1 | December 18, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Playing on the left side is easy

Posted by: Freddy_ADU | December 18, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

David: Ben Olsen may grow into a good head coach, but he said himself that he is not ready to be a head coach quite yet. Very sensible on his part.

Posted by: DCUSince96 | December 18, 2009 8:34 AM | Report abuse

De Los Cobos would certainly be a magnet for Salvadoran players to come to DC.

He's also a great coach at getting the most out of relatively little.

He could probably get a job in the Mexican league at some point, but they hire/fire in months, so there's no security there (job or otherwise).

Posted by: StanShmenge | December 18, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Oops--wrong team.

Well, maybe DC should be looking at De Los Cobos!

Posted by: StanShmenge | December 18, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

castillo looks really good - maybe x times a charm (ive lost count how many) with DC actually not taking a good winger and making them bad.

also did i miss something about szetela to have people put him in the starting lineup? i havent seen him play good i dont think ever... perhaps 1 or 2 games for the u20's. certainly not in MLS and certainly not for DC United. where is that coming from? maybe i missed something

Posted by: GraciasRiquelme | December 18, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Count me as another fan who isn't going to waste his time getting excited about Castillo until we hear something official. Please wrap this one up DK!

Posted by: DCUMD | December 18, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

lgm6986 wrote: "DCU as a whole is universally disliked at all soccer levels in this country. The upper manangement is perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and dishonest. In particular Kasper is regarded as a used-car salesman who cannot be trusted. (I suppose that's redundant). Frankly, the word anong MLS coaches, assistants and head men alike, is unless it is truly an offer that can't be refused, why open oneself up to the chronic mismanagement, dishonesty and prevarication that are the hallmarks of Kasper's style."

sultano responded: "I'm not totally disinclined to believe you about this, but what's your substantiation for these statements? Why should I believe you?"

We're still awaiting substantiation. Even if lgm6986's details are wrong, the idea that there's something rotten in the DCU Denmark is the best theory I've seen about the club's seeming inability to hire a credible coach. Kasper's poor track record accounts for much of the trouble with DCU. It could be the reason why Onalfo seems to be the only Kasper-acceptable candidate willing to work at DCU.

Posted by: runningcloud | December 18, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: fischy | December 17, 2009 8:43 PM
_______________________
Yeah, Moyes did that before, too. Some kid named Wayne Rooney...
;)

Posted by: schmuckatelli | December 18, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Castillo's technical skills are at least two levels above the MLS average. His acquisition could be a breakthrough for the team's reinvention. Yet, with Olsen retiring, DC needs ball winning leadership in MF.

Posted by: juke2 | December 18, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Kasper and Payne are "arrogant, disrespectful, and dishonest"?? I just don't believe that at all, and I don't think there is any evidence to back that up. Oh yeah, besides your conversations with all of the MLS coaches, assistants, and front office people.

Let's not forget that Kasper and Payne have brought us Jakovic, Wallace, Pontius, and James in the past twelve months.

Posted by: DCUMD | December 18, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Section117 | December 18, 2009 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Section 117! Thanks DCU! I'm with I-270 -- not sure why his club is loaning him, but if it's his poor table manners or something I'll overlook them.

Posted by: fallschurch1 | December 18, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

YAY! Good news!

Now Onalfo has to grow a little talent, and we'll be all set.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | December 18, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse