United hires Onalfo as head coach

D.C. United has hired Curt Onalfo as the sixth head coach in team history. More from Steve Goff soon.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  December 28, 2009; 11:30 AM ET
Categories:  D.C. United
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DCU Looking to Onalfo
Next: D.C. United hires Onalfo

Comments

aannnd I'm glad Philly just joined the league

Posted by: inzzo79 | December 28, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Matt. It's a good thing I'm a Lutheran Chaplain: "Hey Bartender!"

Posted by: dcarmy | December 28, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

6th coach.

4th choice.

Posted by: Shmenge | December 28, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I don't like this choice.
That said, welcome to the fold, Curt. I hope you prove me wrong.

Posted by: mjhoya12 | December 28, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

As a season ticket holder I really hope this is not going in the same direction as the last two seasons! If it does they will most definitely lose my $$$! We need an attack minded coach who can adjust on the fly. Is Onalfo the right guy?

Posted by: DCU99fan | December 28, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Hey, you can't always get what you want. I think DCU fans as a whole already got their "let's whine till' it happens gift" when Gomez came back. Lotta good that did the team eh?

Time to shut up and get behind the coach. Dead weight needs to be dropped, some more players picked up. Let's do this!
Vamos United!
Welcome back Curt!

Posted by: DadRyan | December 28, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I didn't want Gomez to come back. I was on the record as saying, "I don't like this."

Posted by: sitruc | December 28, 2009 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Dad -

I didn't want Gomez back either, but you are spot on with the shut and support bit.

Welcome back Coach! Do us proud.

Posted by: Kosh2 | December 28, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse