Weekend TV Listings

Because I'll be in the car much of the day listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage on Sirius/XM en route to North Carolina for the College Cup, I present the broadcast schedule a little earlier than usual.

What are you going to watch?

FRIDAY

Mexican finals 2nd leg, Cruz Azul-Monterrey 6 p.m. Azteca America
Argentina TBA 3 p.m. FSE
MONDAY
England, West Brom-QPR 2:45 p.m. Setanta

By Steve Goff  |  December 10, 2009; 1:58 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fire Interviews Fraser
Next: DCU Coaching Update

Comments

The ultimate test of Hi Def TV will be making Stoke - Wigan pleasant to watch.

I'm not optimistic....

Posted by: JkR- | December 10, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of HD...has anyone heard anything about FSC's planned upgrade to HD? Wasn't that part of the deal with them getting all the Champions League games?

Posted by: soccerman | December 10, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Bullock's Bar B Q, Durham, NC, not too far off 147/15-501. Family Style. Don't eat for 24 hours prior, cuz it just keeps coming at ya.

Posted by: delantero | December 10, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Mexican Finals are happening, too.

Tonight Monterrey hosts Cruz Azul at 10 pm on Telemundo.

Not sure who is televising the return leg but Cruz Azul hosts it on Sunday. There was some conflict with a bullfight in the bullring next door they were working on...

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | December 10, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

@soccerman

from the FSC website: "FSC will offer select programs in high definition starting in 2010 where rights and access to HD feeds are available, including the UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League and Serie A."

Posted by: buck-bass-goal | December 10, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Friday:
College Cup semifinal, Virginia-Wake Forest 5 p.m. ESPN2

Saturday:
In Williamsburg to watch one of the Little Docs do his gymnastics thing. Olympics 2016! (He's my backup 401-k)

Sunday:
NCAA College Cup final 1 p.m. ESPN2 (gotta race home from church to catch the kick-off)

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | December 10, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

My office Christmas luncheon is Saturday at 12:30. I know, poor planning on my part. Anyway between courses I'll be checking my Blackberry. Heck, between sips.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | December 10, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Jozy Altidore's twitter:

"Congrats to Landon just saw he is going on loan to Everton. He's going to tear it up!
about 1 hour ago from UberTwitter"

Posted by: spikeman | December 10, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

My beloved Hertha Berlin will reach 15 games in a row without a win in the Bundesliga.

Posted by: knape1 | December 10, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I guess the Akron game is a must, given the Caleb Porter DCU coach buzz.

Posted by: dccal | December 10, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Little Docs do his gymnastics thing. Olympics 2016! (He's my backup 401-k)
-------------------
Dude, teach him to play with a soccer ball, tennis ball, or golf ball. I don't think gymnasts make very much!

Posted by: troy6 | December 10, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

While I'm certainly interested to see how Donovan does @ Everton, I can't help but worry that at some point he'll get hacked really bad and be knocked out of the WC....

Posted by: edgeonyou | December 10, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Did someone say "garage"?

Posted by: edgeonyou | December 10, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: buck-bass-goal | December 10, 2009 3:14 PM

And Comcast will be offering FSC HD in the next 60 to 70 years...

Posted by: Kev29 | December 10, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Goff: Have you checked out the round-the-clock Chanukah programming on XM channel 28? (I don't know what the corresponding Sirius channel is.)

Posted by: universityandpark | December 10, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I hope Steve isn't reading this while piloting the Prius down I-95....

Posted by: JkR- | December 10, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Little Docs do his gymnastics thing. Olympics 2016! (He's my backup 401-k)
-------------------

Posted by: troy6 | December 10, 2009 4:12 PM

Wheaties box cover, troy! It's all golden from there.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | December 10, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I still don't totally believe FSC is ready to just flip the HiDef switch in a couple of weeks, I'd love love love for them too, but I don't see it happening.

And off topic, but I was busy/at Hawks game/forgot to yesterday, would the possibility of a USA-Mex friendly in the Georgia Dome make as much sense to everyone else as it does me?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | December 10, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Hey JofA-ish... is Dominique Wilkins playing well these days?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | December 10, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Here's a soccer-themed piece about the hit Egypt took to the national psyche with the playoff loss to Algeria:

Posted by: fischy | December 10, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

This article has a quote from Jerry Palacios (from Marathon and Honduras, a guy many here were impressed with in our ill-fated trip to the south) saying that he's a free agent and wants to come to MLS:

Yup, it's that time of year: reading foreign websites that come up in Google News searches.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | December 11, 2009 7:49 AM | Report abuse