Video: Jozy Altidore's goal

Not the best quality and who knows how long it will be available. Nevertheless, Jozy Altidore's first league goal for Hull City during a 2-1 victory over Manchester City on Saturday:

By Steve Goff  |  February 6, 2010; 2:31 PM ET
Categories:  Americans Abroad , England
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Marsch retires, Crew signs Colombian
Next: Sunday kickaround

Comments

Sweet goal! Great game out of Altidore. He is a physical beast!

Posted by: alan19 | February 6, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Great job Jozy! that's a confidence builder right there... you needed (we all needed) that.

Posted by: WillyJoel | February 6, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Sweet nutmeg on the entry pass.

Couldn't have come against a more contemptible team.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | February 6, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

sure it could have -- the "other" Manchester side.

Posted by: NotOffisde | February 6, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattygp | February 6, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Finally...glad he got the first over with...he has had 3 very good games in a row now.

Posted by: Reignking | February 6, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Good thing the wizards at Xerez didn't put Jozy on the pitch, they might have jeopardized their position as THE WORST TEAM IN LA LIGA

Posted by: McBride33 | February 6, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Huh? Xerez won the Segunda without his seeing the pitch.

Posted by: Reignking | February 6, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Whoops, I was thinking he played for them this season. Whose decision was it to end the loan before they moved up to A?

Posted by: McBride33 | February 6, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Cheers to you Jozy.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Posted by: zosodave | February 6, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I missed the game (work) but the second I read the news, I was overjoyed. I have no doubt we'll see more goals now that he's got a taste, and Hull is getting it's act together.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | February 6, 2010 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: McBride33

It was only a loan until the end of last season. And I think he left even earlier because 1) they weren't going to play him and 2) he joined the USMNT to actually play some.

Posted by: Reignking | February 6, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

yeah, but can he shovel out from 3 feet of snow?

Posted by: nairbsod | February 6, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

"Sweet nutmeg"

Donovan had a sweet meg on a Liverpool player and ended up drawing a foul outside the 18.

England certainly won't fear us come 12 June, but maybe they'll realize we've got some talent.

Posted by: delantero | February 6, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, saying Landy "drew" the foul is being kind. Toppled like a ton of bricks is more like it. That ref in the Merseyside Derby was, shall we say, a little below par?

Posted by: rss317 | February 7, 2010 6:14 AM | Report abuse

Good news from Brittany where Boca goes the full 90 as Stade Rennes upends league leaders Bordeaux, throwing open the title race in Ligue 1. The manager appears now to think that Carlos really does belong in the starting line-up.

Posted by: bartapest1 | February 7, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

So I've got power and internet access post-Snowpocolypse, but no cable - anyone have a good stream site for Chelsea-Arsenal?

I'm going to laugh my a$$ off if Comcast can't get service back to people before the Super Bowl!

Posted by: Kev29 | February 7, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Curses.. Still without my Comcast while all my neighbors with FIOS haven't missed a beat. None of us had power during the Everton match so it didn't even matter that I'd been invited over.

Comcast is going to lose thousand of customers in the next week.

Posted by: DadRyan | February 7, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

@kev29

try http://www.atdhe.net/index.html
the fourth chelsea v arsenal link works for me.

Posted by: birdynumnum | February 7, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

birdy: thanks, I ended up listening on BBC London as I made a huge pot of chili

Dad: I think the only people who have Comcast now are suckers (like me) who don't have the option of dish of Fios at their place. Ugh.

Posted by: Kev29 | February 7, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

well, they got me turned back on but I'm really turned off. I'd say my wife is more perturbed at an inability to look at TMZ and Perez Hilton Dot Com than I am to argue with nitwits over here... Still haven't figured out who Hope Solo is yet...;)
Good to see Jozy score, but...
How was Donovan's showing with Everton? I know they lost but..?>