Weekend TV listings

More than 40 matches available. What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

Mexico, America-Tigres 5 p.m. Univision
Italy, Roma-Catania 5 p.m. FSC
MONDAY
Spain, Getafe-Valencia 2:55 p.m. ESPN Deportes

By Steve Goff  |  February 19, 2010; 12:10 AM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kocic waived by D.C. United
Next: Friday kickaround

Comments

Everton/Man U......watching Donavan carve them up will be fun. Hopefully, he puts one in and sets up two others. but I can't see Rooney not getting at least one with the dazzling form he is in right now.

2-2

Posted by: RetiredShark | February 19, 2010 7:06 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info, Goff. Say, whatever happened to the Sunday La Liga matches on ESPN (2) and their SPL showing? Was it a temporary deal? Thanks again.

Posted by: Kosh2 | February 19, 2010 7:12 AM | Report abuse

Hoffenheim-Moenchengladbach 2:30
Trying to convince the boss of the need for Gol and FSC. Any suggestions?

England, Everton-Manchester United 7:30 a.m. ESPN2
Kind a early but I hope to see this one.

I'm also interested in the USA v Canada Olympic Ice Soccer game on Sunday.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | February 19, 2010 7:32 AM | Report abuse

40 televised games in one weekend!? Amazing - I remember the days of watching (1) bundesliga match a weekend on some budget public access channel (ch56 maybe?). How times have changed.

Posted by: ddd001 | February 19, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Everton v. United for me. I want Landon and Tim to perform well in an injury-free loss for the home team. My hopeful prediction:

Everton 1 - 2 Rooney.

Hey, whatever happened to that guy Paris Hilton was dating?

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | February 19, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

If Landycakes can pull off a hat trick on the wanks I'll be his biggest fan......no I won't. I'll still talk about his momma when he visits RFK.

Posted by: dvseawolf | February 19, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

I need an excuse to get up at 7:30 to watch the Everton match. "Yeah, honey, I got up to make you breakfast in bed, and imagine this, there's a soccer game on. In HD! So I had to watch it...yeah, uh-huh, that is Landon Donovan. What luck!"

I really wish that Villarreal-RM match was on ESPN2HD. Rossi is still out -- apparently, he has been in New Jersey for weeks; his father is ill. Spring is when ESPN should be filling up their weekends with soccer.

Posted by: Reignking | February 19, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Sorry BaRRD, gotta root for the Yanks (players, not owners).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 19, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Hoffenheim-Moenchengladbach 2:30
Trying to convince the boss of the need for Gol and FSC. Any suggestions?
Posted by: 9Nine9
============

Tell her that you're planning an anniversary trip, but haven't decided on Spain, England, or Italy (codes for La Liga, EPL, and Serie A) and that you need to do research.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 19, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Saw this on highlights last night. Alianza Lima may have had one of the worst opening kickoffs in the history of soccer in their Libertadores Cup match with Esutdiantes de La Plata.

Alianza kicked off amd passed it back to a defender whose upfield pass was blocked by Estudiantes Jose Sosa leaving him with a 1v1 against the keeper and a goal 8 seconds after his opponent had kicked off the game.

But Alianza Lima had the last laugh and much more as they came back strong to win 4-1 in front of their home fans.

Youtube highlights:

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | February 19, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

FYI, for those without cable (like me) there's usually a decent amount of La Liga, Serie A, and German league available on ESPN360.com

Speaking of which, I was surfing through a bunch of Italian games last week and couldn't help but notice all the empty seats. Big name teams playing at home with half the seats empty!

Posted by: edgeonyou | February 19, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dvseawolf

Yeah I bet he's losing sleep over that. I'm positive his momma has far more to be proud of her son about than your momma has to be of you loser.

Posted by: DadRyan | February 19, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

I sense a bunch of yo' mama jokes headed this way.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 19, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I love soccer but I'm on an Olympic break for two weeks. USA! USA! USA!

Posted by: blackandred777 | February 19, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Villa (when Setanta goes away I will see less of them I fear)

Barca

and DVR the ESPN2HD game.

Any news of local cable systems picking up Fox soccer plus?

Posted by: taktip | February 19, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

No futbol for me right now. I'll be watching our athletes in Vancouver this weekend.

Posted by: croftonpost | February 19, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

For those of us with Setanta, we'll enjoy all the soccer while it lasts (two more weekends). Then the 9 people with Fox Soccer + will have all the fun. :-(

Posted by: Kev29 | February 19, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Hoffenheim-Moenchengladbach 2:30
Trying to convince the boss of the need for Gol and FSC. Any suggestions?
Posted by: 9Nine9
============

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 19, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse
*******************************************
Thanks 270. Got wifey on board. I'm trying to convince the boss at work that we NEED cable and MUST have FSC and GOL.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | February 19, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

why isn't ESPN2 showing the monday EPL game like they had been doing? :(

Posted by: crocken | February 19, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I'll watch the battle for fourth: Man City v. Liverpool.

@crocken, there is no Monday EPL game this week. There is a Tuesday game, Man United v. West Ham, which I suppose will be on Setanta tape-delayed as usual.

Posted by: prokaryote | February 19, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse