Americans abroad, Tuesday edition

Tuesday
MF DaMarcus Beasley 90 minutes in Rangers' 2-0 win at Kilmarnock
MF Maurice Edu 22 for Rangers
D Jay DeMerit 90 in Watford's 1-0 loss at Swansea City
F Kenny Cooper in 18, didn't play in Plymouth's 2-0 loss at QPR
D Frank Simek in 18, didn't play in Sheffield Wednesday's 1-0 loss at West Bromwich Albion

Wednesday
MF Jose Francisco Torres and Pachuca at Comunicaciones (Galavision, 10 p.m. ET)

By Steve Goff  |  March 9, 2010; 4:54 PM ET
Categories:  Americans Abroad , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United TV schedule update
Next: Early Wednesday kickaround

Comments

Cooper is lighting it up in Europe.....

Edu looked good a week ago against Netherlands so I hope he sneaks into the starting 11. I really liked his composure. If he keeps it up he could easily be starting next to Bradley come June 12th.

Beasley appears to be on his way to stuffing all my comments about how his career was over back into my mouth.

Posted by: grubbsbl | March 9, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Any word on how well Beasley and Edu played?

Posted by: BooThisMan | March 9, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Off topic...rather sparse crowd in the middle of the stands at Columbus tonight. Sounds like the Nordecke is making plenty of noise though...

Posted by: SportzNut21 | March 9, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

As I suspected, the Nordecke is pretty full.

But cheerleaders??

Posted by: SportzNut21 | March 9, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

"Any word on how well Beasley and Edu played?

Posted by: BooThisMan | March 9, 2010 7:21 PM"

You can watch the whole thing here:

Posted by: mattygp | March 9, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Toluca scores on a semi-breakaway in the 20th minute...Toluca 1-0 Columbus.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | March 9, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

But cheerleaders??
Posted by: SportzNut21

Really? As in on the sideline with pom-poms trying to lead the Nordecke . . or as in sitting with the Nordecke . .

Posted by: delantero | March 9, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Ooops, am I missing the "most important game in US Soccer" tonight?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 9, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

...and Toluca nails a strike from about 25 yards out right before stoppage time in the first half. Toluca 2-0 Columbus.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | March 9, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

@delantero: they are on a platform behind the goal!

@DadRyan: The Crew were looking decent for a whole, but haven't been able to capitalize on any chances...Toluca started putting their stamp on the game after their first goal.

Toluca 2-0 Columbus, halftime. It's on Galavision and (I think) Fox Soccer. I'm watching an ATDHE stream.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | March 9, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Columbus had a nice 2nd half fightback featuring 2 goals from Lenhart to end up with a 2-2 tie. I still think Toluca will win when they play at their high altitude home and throw a few more starters out there but Columbus should gain some confidence with tonight's 2nd half performance.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | March 9, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Sounds exciting for the home support. Woulda watched if I had it on my TV.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 9, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse