Matchday: Champions League

If you are watching the return legs of today's UEFA Champions League round-of-16 matchups, your observations are encouraged in our comments section.

The Lineups:

At Old Trafford
(Man U won at San Siro, 3-2)

AC MILAN: Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Jankulovski; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Huntelaar, Borriello, Ronaldinho.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Van der Sar; Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Fletcher, Scholes, Park; Valencia, Rooney, Nani.

**********

At Bernabeu
(Lyon won first leg at home, 1-0)

LYON: Lloris; Reveillere, Cris, Boumsong, Cissokho; Toulalan; Pjanic, Govou, Makoun, Delgado; Lopez.

REAL MADRID: Casillas; Ramos, Garay, Albiol, Arbeloa; Diarra, Guti; Granero, Kaka, Ronaldo; Higuain.

By Steve Goff  |  March 10, 2010; 2:44 PM ET
Categories:  Euro Champions League
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Collins John still with Fire
Next: MLS labor talks, to be continued

Comments

Way to pick out Rooney on the cross by Neville...

Posted by: Reignking | March 10, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Rooney = on form.

Just saw a commercial for something called "ProActive." Ever hear of it?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | March 10, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Rooney, another. Game over.

Posted by: Reignking | March 10, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Rooney a frickin' machine! Imagine Gooch & DeMerit trying to mark him in June...

Posted by: soccerman | March 10, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Might as well trot out Old Man Beckham for his standing ovation and let him run around his original stomping grounds.

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | March 10, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Rooney, while on fire now, has to be in form three months from now. While not impossible, it's going to be very difficult.

Posted by: tmcneil2 | March 10, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I'm an idiot with my Argy Bargy, I thought Rooney's knock might slow him down today so I switched captains... Still in my team, it just would have been double points...

Hopefully Rooney gets tired and loses his form before June...

Posted by: DadRyan | March 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Park scores the third and he deserves one just for this tie alone.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | March 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

AC needs 5 to go through? ha, ha, ha!

Posted by: tmcneil2 | March 10, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Woah Becks!

Posted by: DadRyan | March 10, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

And Madrid has under 10 to get 2?

Good night Galactico$$$$

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | March 10, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Yeah that's a pretty big Love United/Hate Glazer banner. Sure he's stoked they were showing that thing on TV...

Posted by: DadRyan | March 10, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Glazer will pull a Dan Snyder and get stadium security to pull that banner. :-)

Posted by: tmcneil2 | March 10, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I don't remember seeing Milan get a beating like this, certainly not in the Champions League.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | March 10, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Milan and Italian Football as a whole is not in a good place at the club level.

This is why Serie A is going Premier League next year.

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | March 10, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Madrid... cabrón... saluda al campeón!

Posted by: Kev29 | March 10, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

C'mon you Gunners!

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | March 10, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Apparently Beckham put an anti-Glazer Green and Gold Until We're Sold scarf around his neck after the match. Interesting...

Posted by: Kev29 | March 10, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

dadryan: I got both goals in the "other" match today...

Posted by: Reignking | March 10, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Son of a b.....!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Brian76 | March 10, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

See RK. I knew you'd get your shine on. I freaking cap Pato... WTF was I thinking?;) I'm about to pull a manager sub and hope I salvage something with one of my bench players next week. Any chance Dani Alves sees the pitch?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 10, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Marca is already calling for Peligrini to be sacked

Posted by: CACuzcatlan | March 10, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

hahaha its hilarious to watch Real Madrid as a club operate. They are top of La Liga but they want their coach sacked.

Been saying this for months. Rooney is the best player in the world.

Posted by: grubbsbl | March 10, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Real Madrid are a comical lot.

Why oh why would anyone take that job...

Posted by: VirginiaBlueBlood | March 10, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

17 days until United's first match!

Posted by: Curious99 | March 10, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

CAC: saw that. duh.

dadryan: I've got Alves in. He is set to play as far as I know.

Posted by: Reignking | March 10, 2010 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: soccerman

Or Bornstein, Pearce, Spector, Bocanegra . . ugh. It's going to be a team effort.

Posted by: delantero | March 10, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Copy that RK Unido... I took a manager's sub, and forfeited my ZERO points I got outta Pato and have Alves in now as well.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 10, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse