Video: Morales' spectacular goals

Javier Morales provided reigning champion Real Salt Lake with the first and third goals in a 3-0 victory at San Jose -- a thunderous blast from 30 yards and an exquisite free kick from 18:

By Steve Goff  |  March 28, 2010; 9:40 AM ET
Categories:  MLS
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Cherundolo's goal
Next: Americans abroad

Comments

Beautiful stuff by Morales. But it makes me sad to see Amway and Herbalife continuing to be jersey sponsors. Too bad MLS can't be more selective than to have a couple pyramid schemes/MLM scams promote themselves.

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | March 28, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

On the bright side, I was right about how awful SJE is.

I don't know what goal is best, but I'll go with the 1st.

Posted by: Reignking | March 28, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Morales is just a good player. He was injured in the Cup Final, if I remember. RSL definitely loses something without him.

Posted by: delantero | March 28, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dimesmakedollars
==============

You could say the same for the English leagues (AIG, XL and others).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 28, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Delantero, I assume you are a DCU fan, which makes your comment rather ironic considering the VW's history of being founded by Hitler, its roll in supporting the Nazi's and its use of slave labor.

Posted by: timoteo1 | March 28, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, my comment was directed at dimesmakesdollars, not delantero.

Posted by: timoteo1 | March 28, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

How ironic.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 28, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I was talking about the legitimacy of the companies as real businesses. The 2 I referenced are out an out scams that actively hurt the majority of people who get involved with them - maybe AIG could fit that category, too, if you like. Businesses that are simply losing money or that have a history of being involved in heinous acts might not be suitable sponsors either (Nike anyone?), but I wasn't arguing that they are. It would be great if every team could be Barcelona or Aston Villa where this is concerned, but that won't happen.

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | March 28, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

So, technically, those companies are not pyramid schemes because someone at a lower level could, again technically, make more and faster money than his recruiter. I recall this being a court decision. But practically, they're pyramids. As long as MLS is getting sponsors who are not the Mafia or a casino (maybe that's redundant), they're OK. After all, the top guy is a Don.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 28, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Beautiful stuff from morales! I hope we can find a midfielder like that for DC this summer...... because we certainly need it!

Posted by: BolivianDCFan | March 28, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

To the posters using the terms 'pyramid' to describe Amway & Herbalife: seriously guys, are you kidding me? Two long established companies that conform to higher levels of ethics than perhaps beer and tobacco sponsors you'd evidently rather see on jerseys for our children to see their role models wearing. You can clearly use google to trawl opinion; try it for facts next time before you utter such garbage.

Posted by: getoverit | March 28, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

getoverit is looking for key people in the DC area to pursue exciting opportunities in direct marketing.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 28, 2010 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I-270Exit1: Love your comment!

It wouldn't be me looking - two of my relatives are in direct sales though (not the ones mentioned, but similar DSA-approved one) and have helped a lot of people legally and ethically. I get tired of lazy opinion labelling them otherwise so hopefully setting the record straight. Rant over...

Posted by: getoverit | March 28, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dimesmakedollars
==============

You could say the same for the English leagues (AIG, XL and others).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 28, 2010 11:22 AM |
----------------------------------------------------

Personally, I like Bolton's jersey sponsor. Bookmakers are far more reputable.

Posted by: fischy | March 28, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse