Weekend TV listings

What are you going to watch?
SATURDAY

SUNDAY
Australia, Sydney-Melbourne 1 a.m. FSC
Italy, Bologna-Napoli 9 a.m. FSC
Germany, Nuremberg-Leverkusen 10:30 a.m. GolTV
FA Cup, Chelsea-Stoke City 10:55 a.m. FSP
England, Everton-Hull City 11 a.m. FSC
Spain, Espanyol-Villarreal 11 a.m. DirecTV (Channel 456)
Spain, Mallorca-Gijon 11 a.m. DirecTV (457)
Spain, Osasuna-Getafe 11 a.m. DirecTV (458)
Spain, Bilbao-Valladolid 1 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Italy, Inter Milan-Genoa 2:30 p.m. FSC
Spain, Zaragoza-Atletico Madrid 3 p.m. GolTV
FA Cup, Reading-Aston Villa 5 p.m. FSC
Mexico, America-Queretaro 5 p.m. Univision
Mexico, Santos Laguna-Atlante 5 p.m. Telefutura
Argentina, Independiente-River Plate 5 p.m. FSE (7 p.m. FSC)
Mexico, Indios-Tigres 5 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Brazil, Sao Caetano-Corinthians 5 p.m. GolTV Premiere
MONDAY
England, Wigan-Liverpool 3 p.m. ESPN2
Spain, Valencia-Santander 3 p.m. GolTV

By Steve Goff  |  March 4, 2010; 2:42 PM ET
Categories:  TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday kickaround
Next: Friday kickaround

Comments

Absolutely nothing.

Going to Charleston (no, not for the Coffee Cup).

Posted by: Reignking | March 4, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Well, the West-Ham-Bolton match just became a lot less interesting to an American audience. Nigel De Jong - you are on notice.

Not sure why the Roma-AC Milan match is in "England", but it should be a good one, anyway.

As an American, I guess the only can't miss match is now Everton-Hull.

Posted by: fischy | March 4, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Oh -- and I guess we DCUers have to scout Santos Laguna in their match with Atlante? ;)

Posted by: fischy | March 4, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

FSP already annoys me. I was looking forward to watching that Arsenal game.

Posted by: WoodDraw | March 4, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Wolves-Man U. Sorry BaRRD, I have to root for the American again.

Everton-Hull City.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 4, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Wolves-Man U. Sorry BaRRD, I have to root for the American again.
Posted by: I-270Exit1
**********
Xenophobic jingoist!

I met Marcus when he was MOTM at the United v. Reading match a few years ago. (I think he kept a clean sheet at OT. He asked where we were from and we said: Originally from Philly but now from DC. His immediate response was: oh, I'll tell Bobby (Convey) he had some fans here today. Really nice guy. And down to earth. Well, for a 'keeper.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 4, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

That line up is a whole lot of chaff, and not much wheat...

Posted by: JkR- | March 4, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Five, possibly six, kids travel soccer games and a gymnastics meet for the Little Doc who's never played futbol. Packed weekend with no room for TV.

As for DVR:
England, Wolves-Manchester United 12:30 p.m. FSC

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | March 4, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Going to the Georgetown game on Saturday, so Fulham-Spurs, plus Reading-Villa (FSC online) Sunday.

Posted by: Kev29 | March 4, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Roma-Milan, Madrid-Sevilla, maybe Inter-Genoa.

Posted by: Miles_Standish_Proud | March 4, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Announcing baseball saturday, prolly sleeping sunday, at least until Everton-Hull.

I will be in Charleston for Coffee Pot, the second weekend. Anyone else?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 4, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Not looking good for me making it to Charleston sadly. Unless of course someone wants to drive and twists my arm... Snowpocalypse Now wiped out my hardly existent cash flow and with MUST NOT MISS DCU road trips coming up(Philly opener, Red Bull Arena, and NatsVSTurks) I've got to choose my battles wisely.

Posted by: DadRyan | March 4, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Good luck DadRyan. Hope the kid's team makes that last playoff game.

Posted by: Curious99 | March 4, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

23 days until United's first 2010 league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | March 4, 2010 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Kid's team?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 4, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

I think Curious has you confused with Rand-al-Thor, Dad. Which a screenwriter like 270 could really work with . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | March 4, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, my bad. Sorry for the confusion DadRyan.

Posted by: Curious99 | March 4, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

OK, I'm confused...

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | March 4, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Snowboarding in the am. Riding fixie in the afternoon. I'm taking a break before the season starts. It's going to be a long one.

Might catch Landy "just chillin by the fountain" Cakes, but otherwise

Posted by: delantero | March 4, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Dudes, I think we could have an EPIC road trip movie ripe for the making... I hear JfATLish has a guerilla steady cam!

@delantero, sounds like you're trying to cripple yourself...where can you snowboard in the morning and then ride a bicycle in the afternoon?

Posted by: DadRyan | March 4, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

A) On X-Box?
B) Not in DC.
C) The Front Range.
D) My Back Yard.

Posted by: delantero | March 5, 2010 12:29 AM | Report abuse

C'mon Goffster. Any updates from Camp??

Posted by: redskinsux | March 5, 2010 2:51 AM | Report abuse

not the Bolton Match :`(, they have a game next tuesday or wednesday as well against uhmm sunderland i think? :( De Jong messed up my entire soccer schedule/interest, siiiigh.

Liverpool game on monday I guess, thank god theres atleast on EPL game on espn2 this weekend(ish)

Posted by: crocken | March 5, 2010 2:56 AM | Report abuse

And I've got the design plans for a dashboard mount too!

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 5, 2010 5:46 AM | Report abuse

I will be in Charleston for Coffee Pot, the second weekend. Anyone else?

@ Atlanta-ish

Is this a coffee thing where you drink coffee, or is it a pot thing where you smoke pot? Or is it a coffee-pot thing where you drink coffee then smoke pot?

Doesn't matter, I enjoy both!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | March 5, 2010 8:09 AM | Report abuse

I plan to watch Marcus Hannaman take on the mighty Manchester DIS-United. Everton v Hull is the game-o-the-week. Altidore and Donivan going head to head...NO INJURIES PLEASE!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | March 5, 2010 8:20 AM | Report abuse

bring on the coffee pot..

campiones campiones ole ole ole

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | March 5, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Fox Soccer Plus is what channel on COX Cable?

Posted by: cr10 | March 5, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

OK, I'm confused...
Posted by: Rand-al-Thor
==============

Rand-al=Thor = Joe Doc = joedoc1 = father of two soccer players and a gymnast.

DadRyan = resident herbalist = father of future WNT player or champion cyclist or surfer.

Clear?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 5, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Already frustrated with fox soccer plus, not that we didn't know this would happen. FA Cup Quarter finals take a back seat to more meaningless big 4 matchups against bad teams. Fulham - Spurs could be a great game, and will cetainly be better that ManU - Wolves!

Posted by: harkes4ever | March 5, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: harkes4ever | March 5, 2010 10:57 AM
******
As I understand it Fox Soccer Plus took back its deal with Setanta and therefore is showing what would have been shown on Setanta through pre-existing contracts this season. The only thing Plus about it is the cost.

And the games about which you complain are on FSC, not FSP.

FSP on Cox is 298. The only difference is that instead of endless commerical promoting Setanta there are now endless commericals promoting FSP. The FA cup is probably on PPV (at least based on last year when it got to this stage).

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | March 5, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

FSP is 1009 on Fioa. Unfortunately but predictably, it's at a premium and (also unfortunately and predictably) I'm cheap.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | March 5, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

It doesn't matter if it's on Fox or Fox Soccer Plus, I should have just referenced "fox". It just seems to me that Setanta would focus more on FA cup games and Fox has always been more focused on just the big 4. I'm a huge Fulham fan and have seen a lot of their games this season live, I hope that continues. As far as cost, I have DirecTv and I'm paying a whole dollar less for FSP than I was for Setanta! I'm planning on buying a couple of stamps with it.

Posted by: harkes4ever | March 5, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse