Matchnight: United-Fire

Greetings from RFK Stadium, on the banks of the mighty Anacostia, where winless D.C. United will play the winless Chicago Fire.

It's a gorgeous, breezy late day, neither volcanic ash nor a cloud in sight. If you plan on dropping by the ballpark, bring a jacket -- it's going to get chilly later. As stadium officials predicted last month, the football yard marks have faded nicely and are now barely visible.

No standard TV coverage again tonight, so you'll need the Direct Kick package or find an online outlet.

Besides the United match, there are three other local soccer events on the calendar: Tonight at 6:30, third-division Real Maryland plays Pittsburgh in Rockville; Sunday at 1 p.m., the University of Maryland men's team hosts NCAA finalist Akron in a spring friendly that will also serve as a charity event; and Sunday evening at 7, the Washington Freedom welcomes the WPS expansion Atlanta Beat to Maryland SoccerPlex.

Already today, we have seen a sumptuous strike by Houston's Lovel Palmer against Chivas USA. He's no Maicon, but the Jamaican provided a drive from 35 yards with power and accuracy:

Get Microsoft Silverlight

I'll be back later with United's starters and reserves.
DCU: Perkins; McTavish, James, Talley, Wallace; Quaranta, Morsink, Najar, Pontius; Moreno, Allsopp. Subs: Hamid, Graye, Adams, Barklage, Khumalo, Castillo, Cristman. Suspended: Jakovic. Loaned: Shipalane. Injured: Pena, Simms, Namoff, Burch, Quinn, Rice.

As usual, this is the place for pregame, in-game and postgame banter. Join the fun.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  April 17, 2010; 5:30 PM ET
Categories:  D.C. United , MLS  | Tags: Atlanta Beat, Chicago Fire, D.C. United, Lovel Palmer, MLS, Maicon, Maryland SoccerPlex, University of Maryland, Washington Freedom, soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Saturday kickaround
Next: United rewind

Comments

What a strike. I am going with 1-1 tonight. (I am hoping for a win but that is just my prediction if I was a betting man.)

Any other score predictions?

Posted by: grubbsbl | April 17, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Two words: Ticket exchange.

Posted by: GreenbeltUnited | April 17, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

VAMOS UNITED!

Posted by: the_slammer | April 17, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

This could be bad.

Posted by: PEddy | April 17, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Seattle wins on an injury-time goal by Fucito. Who?

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Crap. McBride on the bench. Bad for my fantasy team -- unless DCU scores plenty.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Feed is a bit choppy, but entertaining match so far.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Wow weird shot and Perkins was lucky to get to that...Perkins almost got chipped.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Perkins is looking a little shaky tonight. That's not good.

Posted by: wichne | April 17, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

This D is giving me all of the confidence in the world. Now allow me another swig at that sweet heart-burn stuff [gulps greedily]...

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

The announcer just said "United is pointless on the season." Yes, that works on several levels. Ha.

Posted by: wichne | April 17, 2010 7:55 PM | Report abuse

Even when the tempo is up we attack so slooooowly.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Who is #8? Talley? What kind of d was that? Nyarko went right by him.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Tino seems to be doing quite well so far on the right.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Even when the tempo is up we attack so slooooowly.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 7:57 PM

--------

So true. Even when United has been at its most inept offensively the past couple years they had lots of stretches of moving the ball well. Just no killer pass or quality finishing.

This team looks like a bunch of 8th graders. Receive a pass, touch, look, touch a couple more times, look again and pass it to a defender or get tackled.

Posted by: benonthehill | April 17, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

"Chris Pontitus the Australian"-Fire announcer. lol

Posted by: invncbl | April 17, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Party's night is over and Castillo, who could not start ahead of Najar, is on. Whatever soccer gods.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Half one is over. Say does anyone remember us getting a shot on goal? I count zero for us in that stat.

The moron announcer keeps calling Allsopp (who is Australian) Pontius (even though Party is off injured. Then I could have sworn he actually called Pontuis an Australian.

Oh what wonders (and disappointments) does half number two hold for us? Stay tuned...

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Sweet cheebus, how the ref miss that handball in the box?

Posted by: BooThisMan | April 17, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

between our directionless offense and haphazard defending, dcu will be lucky to get a point here.

Posted by: HWLongfellow | April 17, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Pontius out? Huh?

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

9-5 shots, 2-0 SOG. Fire, of course.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and 3 guesses as to what Pontius' injury is, and the first two don't count.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Say Reignking I saw Party limp off and Castillo come on, is Castillo on for someone else?

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

anyone know where to find a good feed? channelsurfing.net is kinda bogus today.

Posted by: kennyisbigk911 | April 17, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Najar, DCU SOG! Oh Yeah!!

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

nevermind, just was garbage b/c it was halftime

Posted by: kennyisbigk911 | April 17, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

That's my best feed.

kosh, I had missed the last 15 while at the grill.

Posted by: Reignking | April 17, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Why does this guy's insistent calling of Allsopp as Pontius irk me so much? Dude had a whole half-time to get this right.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Andy looking good. It's cooold.

Posted by: tcbannon | April 17, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Goff, can you start a pool on gameday for who gets injured, when, and whether it's a hammy or a concussion?

Triple injury score if you call a double hernia that requires a trip to a European surgeon.

Posted by: benonthehill | April 17, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Wow, nice team defense by United in that one sequence. Well done.

Posted by: wichne | April 17, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

I am really starting to hate this team.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

predictable.

Posted by: HWLongfellow | April 17, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

This team is not very good.

Posted by: GreenbeltUnited | April 17, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Oh well. Feels even colder as Fire player fall over and slooooowly walk off the pitch.

Posted by: tcbannon | April 17, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I knew Dykstra would be a good mfls play.

Posted by: benonthehill | April 17, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

*sighs* Yeah. Like rubbernecking on the interstate, you know that you shouldn't watch, but you do anyway. Even that gets old after a while. So does watching this team underperform.

Posted by: freeholdsouth | April 17, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Kasper must be dismissed; this is a results business.

Posted by: lgm6986 | April 17, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

At least the Caps have come back and tied it.

Oh, wait.

Posted by: GreenbeltUnited | April 17, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Ha! Typed that before he picked up the 60-yard assist too boot.

Posted by: benonthehill | April 17, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

I have left the bootleg feed early.

Posted by: GreenbeltUnited | April 17, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

I keep saying over and over and over that Troy Perkins is absolute GARBAGE! He might be good enough for the Freedom, but not United. He is terrible. Please cut his ass and bring back Wicks or Wells...(thats how little I think of Perkins).

Posted by: alan19 | April 17, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Perkins got beat off of a McBride header with Dykstra getting the assist. This team has talent ion one particular area - finding new ways to disgust and tick off it's fans.

I love the club but I hate this particular team. That includes you FO. Eff the fracking whole lot of them!

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

has anyone pointed out this likeness yet?

curt onalfo=jeff daniels in dumb and dumber

Posted by: HWLongfellow | April 17, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Well we are awful. We really have no ideas offensively. Besides free kicks we cannot create a chance. I am starting to agree that Kasper is not the man for technical director. This roster is horrible. Dare I say, worst in the league? We couldn't even beat San Jose last year and I am not seeing any signs we can this year. How many wins did NYRB get last year? Lets shoot for one more than that record at this point.

Posted by: grubbsbl | April 17, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

And boom goes the dynamite

Posted by: Kev29 | April 17, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

wow. this team stinks.

Posted by: flike | April 17, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Also, I think Perkins has forgotten how to play goalie. Bill Hamid anyone....?

Posted by: grubbsbl | April 17, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Dare I say, worst in the league?

Posted by: grubbsbl | April 17, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Not much of a dare. Thank goodness we don't have relegation stateside!

Posted by: daandre3 | April 17, 2010 9:36 PM | Report abuse

DCU lost to a team that is essentially rebuilding and is not yet good. Will has to be thinking of scorching the earth.

Posted by: lgm6986 | April 17, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

For a team that has a history of mediocre keepers Perkins has NEVER been one of our best. He only looked good by beating out an injured Rimando. Our sickening nostalgia for old players bites us in the rear again. Perkins plains sucks but then again so does this team.

We are going to post one of the worst seasons in league history. NYRB is going to simply molest us when they get their chances.

Like I said, I love this club but I hate this bunch of posers who have hijacked my club.

I hope the FO reads this site because this fan right here is flashing them the largest middle finger known to mankind.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

@HWLongfellow

HAHAHA. Soooo, in that case....
Onalfo, Dumb. Kasper Dumber?

Posted by: invncbl | April 17, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

We need a goalie. Our mid-field (center mid) did really well. Our wing midfields did horrible. Wallace has really improved also. He is very fast. Thanks powers-to-be for getting rid of Josh Wicks. At least he could stop the ball.

Posted by: VirginiaFan | April 17, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Khumalo and Cristman are your late game subs to get a goal? Chicago brings on McBride and he nets one? Once again, Kasper and whoever else has input on roster decisions have to go. They are stealing Will's money.

Posted by: lgm6986 | April 17, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

This is what happens when you feed into your own hype Mr. Kasper, when you drink your own Kool-Aid - you serve up a MASSIVE FAIL. This team stinks and quite frankly so do you , sir, so do you.

Posted by: Kosh2 | April 17, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

We cannot blame the 17 year old center mid, he gets caught in possession and lacks ideas up front. Fair enough, he is learning. But Quaranta gave us nothing, Pontius/Castillo gave us nothing, and Allsop won some balls in the air but has that lovely Emilio first touch with his feet.

Who will score on this team? Only Najar and Quaranta seem to want to shoot. Ow, I just pulled a hammy writing that last sentence.

Sub!

Posted by: jojosbo | April 17, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Giving up on DC. With Houston, LA and NY upping the standards for MLS it's probably not worth missing those games to watch DCU get destroyed.

Palmer is a monster and a great addition to MLS. His positioning off the ball was perfect and he created so many opportunities for Houston in that game and seemed to create tons of space even when it was 2 v 4.

Posted by: Southeasterner | April 17, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Fire Onalfo.

I mean, he never should've been hired and Dave Kasper should get the boot too. Their player acquisitions this offseason have been uninspired. I thought our youth academy was supposed to be a breeding ground for defenders so where are they? All of our defenders should be shipped outta town.

Posted by: doctortechie | April 17, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

SHOOT THE DAMN BALL! How frequently do we get to watch these cute little attempts at passing at the top of the box? This is going to be a painfully long season if we don't pull the trigger. As Wayne Gretzky once said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Posted by: SamDCU | April 17, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

DCU is Redskins bad. Bad to the bone. Absent mass food poisoning or alien abductions of its opponents, this team will not win a league game this year.
Ouch! And I, too, pulled a hamstring writing this post.

Posted by: griffin1108 | April 17, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Agree with SamDCU. My dad was at the game, I called him at the 33 minute mark just to yell "Tell somebody to shoot the ball!" He only laughed and asked why McBride was not playing. I could not even get a response from him about DC.

Posted by: jojosbo | April 17, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

The only thing worse than DC United was the mess getting out of Lot 4. Either one of these could keep me home. If both continue, I'll have lots of free time this summer.

Posted by: Curious99 | April 17, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curious99 | April 17, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Goff, what happened on the Lot 4 exit debacle? Lots of flashing lights, and a hideous "detour". I went down C Street to Benning Road rather than try to wind around the Armory.

Posted by: griffin1108 | April 17, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Soehn 2.0?

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | April 17, 2010 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Soehn 2.0?

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | April 17, 2010 10:35 PM | Report abuse

i thought the stretcher bearers were going to need subs given how often they had to sprint on the field for faking fire players. a little magic spray and the broken legs were magically healed.

wish that spray worked on hamstrings.

froze my backside off, spent too much on ledos and beer, stuck in lot 7 for about 45 minutes post game, and the team sucked. i'm almost -- almost -- glad that family obligations are going to keep me from the next two games. that said, I'd hate to miss their first victory...you never know when there will be another.

Posted by: troy6 | April 17, 2010 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Getting out of lot 7 was no picnic either. Last year it was 25 minutes from lot 8 to my driveway. So far this year, the fan experience is trending way down with no signs of leveling off.

Posted by: tcbannon | April 17, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tcbannon | April 17, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tcbannon | April 17, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

"Our sickening nostalgia for old players bites us in the rear again."

Are you saying picking up Jaime Moreno from the Metros was a bad idea? Because if so, you may be certifiably insane. Plus, Quaranta has become a solid contributor since he's been back. Perkins had excelled here for 3 seasons, and then excelled for another 3 overseas, as well as with the Nats. There was no reason not to take the gamble; we thought we knew what we were getting. And honestly, what were the alternatives? Kocic? An 18-year-old or a couple rookies? No thanks.

Posted by: kdiff813 | April 17, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm convinced that Onalfo hopes to win games on style points because he's certainly not encouraging players to shoot.

Posted by: carnack | April 17, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

red cross worker pulled a hammy tonight while running onto the field for the 5th time to help a Fire player get a magical sponge treatment, they be shooed back to he sideline by the referee.

DCU is pretty ugly, wonder how Curt is gonna spin this performance.

Posted by: terpfan4141 | April 17, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

@troy: we missed you and yours in the hood... the best part of watching the game on TV was turning the hockey game back on and witnessing a team with some actual fight in em' representing in DC. Those damn Caps fans must have loved that ending in person. Wow!

Anyone else think Edson Buddle needs to go to SA if he keep this up? Him and Donovan are HANDLING it yo!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 17, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

All the DCU players did when in Chicago's final third was to hold onto the ball long enough for about three defenders to crowd him off the ball. This is why these forwards/attacking mids are playing in MLS and not Europe.

Posted by: Juan-John | April 17, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

We traded Perkins for what??

Also sure glad we hired Onalfo.

Posted by: rockotodd | April 17, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse

We traded what for Perkins....is what I meant.

Disgraceful

Posted by: rockotodd | April 17, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Andrew Dykstra is a local guy, indeed played Super Y League for DC United. We could have had him on OUR roster, ready to step up in place of Wicks. Who was it who was picking players the year Dysktra was available? Whoever that was ought to be out the door.

Posted by: DCUSince96 | April 17, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

Which is better: DC United or mlssoccer.com?

Posted by: hungrypug | April 17, 2010 11:27 PM | Report abuse

According to McBride on the post game interview "I heard the keeper yell 'leave it leave it'."...nice call on that

Posted by: rockotodd | April 17, 2010 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juan-John | April 17, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

that's a effing trick question @$$hole...;)

Posted by: DadRyan | April 17, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I was referring to hungryug's question of course...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 17, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Well, I'm back from the game, and watching FSC, to see some good teams. I'm not being fair to the Fire, I guess. They took a fair number of shots, and they can bring on a player like McBride for the last 20 minutes. What a classy player, even when he's flopping or fanning on a shot (it wasn't a dummy, was it? If it was, I nominate McBride for all-time greatest striker).

I felt like I'd wasted my money @RFK tonight, until McBride came on. Watching him was amazing -- the way he started a break by anticipating the ball coming out after a DC set play -- and that amazing header to the corner. Maybe he's not a 90-minute player now, but I think Bradley shouldn't dismiss adding him as a super-sub. Pure class -- amazing anticipation and positional sense. Pontius, Allsopp and Cristman should study what he did in 20 minutes, in totally changing the game.

Speaking of Allsopp, can DCU get a refund?

Speaking of refunds, can I get one?

This team is basically incapable of scoring without an assist from the other team. Maybe, one of Tin's power blasts will find the back of the net someday, but usually a free kick is going to be saved if it's not towards one of the corners. Here's the deal: I'd guess we're goign to score a handful of goals between now and the end of the WOrld Cup, but I'm not sure how we could score more than that. There's nowhere for th goals to come from.

So, the question remains: Will the FO open up the checkbook in July and bringing some guys who can score and create dangerous chances? If they don't, and they don't get a stadium deal, I have to say I see no reason to renew my season tix.

In future years, if I decide to take in some games, I know it's cheaper to buy from a scalper trying to unload some other boob's season tickets....and, I'll feel better if I know my money isn't going to fund this morass. That's what I used to do...and the team was winning back then.

Posted by: fischy | April 17, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse

"So, the question remains: Will the FO open up the checkbook in July and bringing some guys who can score and create dangerous chances?"

If things continue as they have, come July there won't be any point in opening the checkbook. The season will be long lost by then.

Posted by: fret44 | April 18, 2010 12:04 AM | Report abuse

I do think the team will get better, if it ever gets healthy. Talley, McTavish and Morsink were awful. Morsink did hustle a lot, but he's a defensive midfielder that can't defend. He did have one good forward rush late in the game that looked like it might create an shooting opportunity, but United is really not capable of realizing a shooting opportunity.

The team actually isn't horrific. When Simms comes back, our midfield will look better. If Namoff ever comes back, our defense will look better. Still, the team will be left with a fundamental problem -- a totally ineffectual attack. It would be convenient to blame Onalfo. I'm sure I'd get a big "Amen" chorus. The thing is, it's not his fault. The FO saddled him with a real stinker of a team. Without a competent striker and a confident central midfield, even Steve Nicol couldn't find any goals from this team.

Posted by: fischy | April 18, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

It's pretty clear the defense is missing Simms and Namoff very badly. And when I say badly, I mean, they're useless.

I'm not sure how much longer they should keep playing Pontius up top, but if he doesn't produce something soon, I'd like to see them move him back to right midfield and try Quaranta up top.

I don't know what's wrong with Perkins -- nerves from playing behind such a shaky back line, pressure from coming home to be the savior or what. But he needs to get over the yips, and soon.

This team would be a lot better with a "finisher" with speed and an attacking central midfielder with vision.

Posted by: mercurysnake77 | April 18, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: fret44 | April 18, 2010 12:04 AM |
----------------------------------------------------------------

This season is already a lost cause. Maybe they can do something in the Open Cup -- which is all we need...to get into CCL play again, so we can really humiliate the team against foreign competition.

What I'm talking about is having a team that is competitive in games this summer.Forget about the playoffs. I've got tickets already. I'm hoping that there will be some players worth watching before the season is over -- a reason to come out and hope that United might score a goal or two.

Buddle and McBride for USMNT....

Posted by: fischy | April 18, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

@Mercurysnake -- Pontius did play in the midfield today -- at left wing...until he overdid it with that run the length of the field and pulled his hammie.

The starting strikers were Allsopp and Moreno. I wouldn't mind seeing Q up front (not that it's his best role, but we couldn't do any worse), but I don't know who we could play in the midfield now -- especially with Pontius down.

Posted by: fischy | April 18, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse

"Talley, McTavish and Morsink were awful. " --fischy

I disagree on McTavish. I thought he had a solid performance, getting forward at times and holding his own in the back. Talley, however, needs to be reexamined because of his sub-par performance(s). He was beat by Nyarko on the cross for the first goal and beat in the air by McBride on the second. I thought James and McTavish each had a good game, respectively.

For 80 mins the defense did its job adequately. The problem was the lack of cohesion and creativity in the middle and attacking third.

We did not look like a team at all, dysfunctional and erratic.

Posted by: redskinsux | April 18, 2010 12:41 AM | Report abuse

I'm never gonna agree with the "I not going to renew my season tickets" or the people who use hindsight to say "oh sure glad I didn't renew my season tickets"...the team sucks right now but bailing on them so quickly makes us nothing better than the bandwagon fans we criticize (Hello Seattle) so either suffer through this or just hang out on Ives' site.

Posted by: rockotodd | April 18, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse

@rocko -- I can suffer through a bad team, if I think the mgmt is doing all they can do. I think this team probably has 20-30% of the cap unspent, and they're claiming they're not gonna bring in a DP. this. I could live with the decision not bring in really good players for the start of the season, if they weren't basically saying they're not saving cap room to bring in top talent this summer. NYRB has let everyone know they're getting 2 more DPs.

Right now, I'm just hoping Kasper is blowing smoke so as to not seem too anxious. I got news for him -- 4 games, no points, and 2 flukey goals. They dang well better be anxious...and desperate.

Posted by: fischy | April 18, 2010 1:27 AM | Report abuse

===

It would have been a fine call if Perkins had actually, you know, come out and attempted to make a play at that ball.

Posted by: mason08 | April 18, 2010 1:29 AM | Report abuse

Andrew Dykstra had about 100 family and friends in sec.311 that were louder than 18'000. I was an asst. coach at OP where Andrew went to HS and he's got to be the hardest working player I've ever coached.DCU missed a great chance to sign a hometown boy and great keeper,your loss DCU still love u United until u play the fire

Posted by: ofbtodda | April 18, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I'm a big McTavish fan since I coached him back in his youth soccer days, but he wasn't very good last night. A lot of basic mistakes. I know he can play better and probably attribute it to him not playing much last season or this. Najar played much better than last week but he did have problems staying on the ball, He's kind of small and got run over quite a few times. A lot of promise there. Olsen needs to give him lessons on being a prick in midfield.

Posted by: owendylan | April 18, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse